PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] Fanatec Mclaren wheel clutch bite point

supremedk
06-02-2019, 00:11
whats up guys? I just got the Fanatec McLaren wheel today and i am having trouble getting the clutch bite point feature to work. Does anyone know if it will work on PC2? I assume it will.

I followed the Fanatec instructions, which were done on IRACING, to no avail.

I am wondering if i need to assign the clutch to one of the paddles??

After dinner i will get on IRACING and verify that it works there, then come back to PC2 and fiddle around.

And.......

it doesn't look like you can save different wheel profiles/assignments, so switching wheels will come with a little reassign work, am i right??

Thanks in advance!!!

P.S. drivers and firmware were both updated.

Mahjik
06-02-2019, 00:54
it doesn't look like you can save different wheel profiles/assignments, so switching wheels will come with a little reassign work, am i right??

I can't answer the first part, but this one unfortunately you cannot have different wheel profiles. So each different wheel is basically a "new" wheel inside PC2 (so you have to reconfigure your buttons).

You could copy off your config files and save them off per wheel setup. You'd have to copy them in place before running that wheel but that would be a workaround.

Shepard2603
06-02-2019, 05:39
whats up guys? I just got the Fanatec McLaren wheel today and i am having trouble getting the clutch bite point feature to work. Does anyone know if it will work on PC2? I assume it will.

I followed the Fanatec instructions, which were done on IRACING, to no avail.

I am wondering if i need to assign the clutch to one of the paddles??

After dinner i will get on IRACING and verify that it works there, then come back to PC2 and fiddle around.

And.......

Thanks in advance!!!

P.S. drivers and firmware were both updated.
It works on pCARS2, and yes you have to assign one paddle to the clutch (They are the same controller axis, so it doesn't matter which one you use for assignment).

Maybe others have the same question, so here is the whole procedure:

- Start a practice session
- Go on the track
- Press both clutch paddles and put in first gear
- Press down the funky switch (not the button, but the D-Pad). It'll show "100" and decrease while holding/pressing the funky switch down
- The car will start moving once the bite point is reached. You want to fine tune this to have the best result on standing start.

The setting will be saved to the wheels tuning menu slot you are currently using.

On race start press both clutch paddles, put in first gear. As soon as the lights go green release one of the paddles (doesn't matter which one) instantly. You are now at the bite point you set earlier. Gradually release the second clutch paddle while accelerating. That's it.

Sum Dixon-Ear
06-02-2019, 09:58
You don't need to assign the paddles manually, you just set the middle dial (blue) to setting 'A' (which will show Clutch Bite Point on the wheel's display) and the paddles will automatically be mapped to the clutch pedal.

Good instruction video here -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au5IAe2WdxI

supremedk
06-02-2019, 12:11
as mentioned in my OP, i did follow the Fanatec instructions, didn't work. i could pull both paddles and get the number on the screen but the car would will act as if is just at a stop. As i type this i wonder, maybe i need to de select auto clutch??

I will mess around and report back with what worked for me since we have 2 conflicting replies, which i appreciate very much , Thank You!!!

Do you guys have your two top rotary knobs assigned to anything? Seems like since they are not a momentary switch we can't really use them for anything due to the way the knob works, a constant increasing/decreasing value vs a momentary value signal in X/Y direction.

Thanks!!

supremedk
06-02-2019, 13:06
so, i did have reassign the clutch to the paddle AND disable auto clutch, which makes perfect sense. Now i just need to get used to starting the engine and using the clutch, especially when i spin.

you can't have the pedal and paddle both assigned so not stalling on a spin could be a challenge. Just don't spin...... lol

Sum Dixon-Ear
06-02-2019, 14:23
so, i did have reassign the clutch to the paddle AND disable auto clutch, which makes perfect sense. Now i just need to get used to starting the engine and using the clutch, especially when i spin.

you can't have the pedal and paddle both assigned so not stalling on a spin could be a challenge. Just don't spin...... lol

Perhaps it's different on PC and/or with the pedals as a seperate USB device, but on PS4 with pedals connected to the wheelbase I could use the paddles and clutch pedal together with autoclutch selected. All I had to do was select position 'A' with the dial on the rim and everything worked in unison.

supremedk
06-02-2019, 16:00
you are correct, it WILL work with auto clutch on. user error on my end......