PDA

View Full Version : for pCARS3, I'd rather have _____ than better graphics.

Javaniceday
13-02-2019, 19:07
Assuming the limits of CPU (and GPU) processing limits....

I'll start

for pCARS3, instead of better graphics, I'd rather have AI use the same tire model as the player. If this is not possible, I'd rather have a simpler tire model so that the AI can have the same tire model, hence making the AI better.

Maskmagog
13-02-2019, 20:31
Working, proper leaderboards for consoles
Better balanced AI wet/dry

bporion
13-02-2019, 22:18
better FA sound .

Malcstar
13-02-2019, 22:53
I would rather have separate license and skill rating for all car classes. That way maybe more of the content would be used online, and besides not everyone is good at all classes.

The thread on the netcode thingy, I wish that could be fixed too. Most any oval racing I join online can look pretty ridiculous with other players jumping all over the track, making the suspension look like it's going wack on the other cars.

DECATUR PLAYA
14-02-2019, 02:05
Better netcode. More complete and filled out car classes. Global leaderboard or better working leaderboards(console or MadBox). Better and more accessible esports.

I really want esports that are easy and accessible from the UI. I really want more esports designed around racing. A League Esport creator would really be nice. A way to create your League and then have that League made official as a Esports League by SMS.

Twinz
14-02-2019, 02:06
If they could make PC3 able to utilize one video-card per eye for VR, (I know VR hardware will need to be advanced too) then we could run higher-resolution HMD's in VR.

Zaskarspants
14-02-2019, 10:56
Assuming the limits of CPU (and GPU) processing limits....

I'll start

for pCARS3, instead of better graphics, I'd rather have AI use the same tire model as the player. If this is not possible, I'd rather have a simpler tire model so that the AI can have the same tire model, hence making the AI better.

Ian has said to expect a more complex player model, personally I would not want any degradation to the players driving experience. The AI issue for me is the slowness in the rain as the AI cars appear not to 'see' live track puddles and that maybe able to be addressed without extending the player model fully to AI cars.

PostBox981
14-02-2019, 16:35
Being able to see other people´s individual liveries.

Keena
14-02-2019, 20:51
Consistent AI across a career so im not constantly tweaking difficulty.
AI being given penalties instead of just me.
Working marshalls flags
AI running the same physics as me so they do not behave differently to me halfway through a corner.
More immersive career with consequences
Different teams having different performance levels and different contracts that actually mean something- see above
More equipment/atmosphere in the garage
When starting a session the engine to be off for enhanced immersion.
Integrated telemetry like pcars profiler
Crewchief to be allowed to be a part of it

But i still love PC2 :)

Edit- i read another thread with a great idea in it of the engineer talking about damage as well, so add enhanced damage to stuff like suspension, gearbox etc for rubbish driving, hitting sausage kerbs etc. :)

Javaniceday
14-02-2019, 21:17
AI running the same physics as me so they do not behave differently to me halfway through a corner.
More immersive career with consequences
Different teams having different performance levels and different contracts that actually mean something- see above

Yeah I feel the same way about the career mode. The AI inconsistency/contracts = meaningless/no consequences is part of the reason I quit career mode - it's just a checklist. I'm not into grinding, especially if I can lower the AI difficulty so I can "win".

Like, it's such an uneasy feeling. Do I actually suck? Or is it the AI? How are they going so fast down blanchimont? They go flat out through there, and I have to lift. Is it my set up? Do I just suck? Conversely, when do you win... did I actually win?? Is the AI nerf'd here?

Javaniceday
14-02-2019, 21:20
Ian has said to expect a more complex player model, personally I would not want any degradation to the players driving experience. The AI issue for me is the slowness in the rain as the AI cars appear not to 'see' live track puddles and that maybe able to be addressed without extending the player model fully to AI cars.

Yeah, if that's the path Ian goes, I think it's the wrong move. If he wants to keep improving the tire physics for pCARS Pro project he's doing for car manufacturers, by all means go for it. But for the consumer version, he's gotta let the processing power catch up, else the AI competition suffers immensely. People will think it's a bug when it's working as intended - its a design choice.

If there's room for tire physics improvement, there should be room for the AI to use the current player tire model, making the game just play better.

DECATUR PLAYA
14-02-2019, 22:24
I also want to see pCARS continue to be a Community Assisted Racing Simulator. With that said what is the next phase for WMD.

With consoles being a big part of PCars it seems the old WMD process should be modified to include consoles especially with the MadBox being announced as a console. I really want to be part of the process especially when it comes to multiplayer and the netcode. So how will WMD be handled for PCars 3.

Will there be a beta?
Will there be a early edition of the MadBox?
Will WMD be open to consoles?
Will there be another open enrollment?

I would like to know so I can put myself in a position to be a part of the process.

RyokoMaruyama
14-02-2019, 22:34
I don't understand why everyone wants to bash graphics. Visual aids are as important as physics underneath in a racing sim. Try any mod track for most sims and the visual aids and stuff on track to help for braking points and such is missing. Plus it helps with immersion, and makes the game look way more appealing to those who are on the fence.

Javaniceday
14-02-2019, 22:49
I don't understand why everyone wants to bash graphics. Visual aids are as important as physics underneath in a racing sim. Try any mod track for most sims and the visual aids and stuff on track to help for braking points and such is missing. Plus it helps with immersion, and makes the game look way more appealing to those who are on the fence.

In my opinion, the graphics are good enough that further improvements will provide diminishing returns. I mean it's true, graphics are very important. But pCARS2 already looks better than most sims out there. There's room for improvement, but its a judgement call. I would take the same graphics with improvements in other areas, than use newly available horsepower for better graphics. Know what I mean?

eracerhead
14-02-2019, 23:55
Bulletproof multiplayer
Livery trading
Hi-quality sound and livery packs for PC
Searchable, smoother replays

PostBox981
15-02-2019, 04:33
I´d like to talk to my race engineer about changing my pit strategy instead of fiddling in the ICM which regularly makes me crash. Like in "Hey race engineer, reduce fuel to 20 liters". Something along those lines.

Ajvanho
15-02-2019, 05:28
More of a simulator hopefully. A working clutch and improved damage systems are a must, and improved tire behavior would be welcomed. I know the graphics were pretty much the only reason anyone bought the last two, but they can stay the same for 3 imho.

Bealdor
15-02-2019, 05:46
More of a simulator hopefully. A working clutch and improved damage systems are a must, and improved tire behavior would be welcomed.

The clutch is working fine, it's the gearbox that has a too strong synchronising effect. The reason for this was explained by one of the devs, which you are free to disagree with of course.
What improvements would you like to see in the damage system?

What do you not like about the tire model? It's actually miles ahead of the competition and only RF2 comes close to it while ACC is starting to catch up now.
Please dopn't mistake physics with personal FFB preferences.

I know the graphics were pretty much the only reason anyone bought the last two, but they can stay the same for 3 imho.

I don't know where you got this from but the graphics are the least important feature of this game for many players (myself included).

Cholton82
15-02-2019, 07:10
Agree with all tracks laser scanned , Improved ai logic in the rain would be important to me.
I’d like to see mistakes and car failures feature more with the ai and a working flag system which is especially important on ovals.
Racing Indy cars on an oval without safety cautions is disastrous to say the least.

RacingAtHome
15-02-2019, 07:13
Agree with all tracks laser scanned , Improved ai logic in the rain would be important to me.
I’d like to see mistakes and car failures feature more with the ai and a working flag system which is especially important on ovals.
Racing Indy cars on an oval without safety cautions is disastrous to say the least.

Don't know how I forgot the last one. But an iRacing style system would be sufficient.

Dave White
15-02-2019, 09:11
More reliable online play. (Too many people get disconnected too often)
Less frustrating / more consistent penalties for exceeding track limits. (for example; tell us immediately when we exceed so that we can slow a little and/or show us how much we need to slow; don't invalidate the next lap in qualifying if we exceed well before the final corner)
A less extreme rain setting so we can have damp tracks without always having to cope with huge puddles. More realistic random weather settings.
More options for online racing. (Better searches for lobbies, lobby names/descriptions, reverse/custom grid order, host-kick option, etc.)
Better replay controls (e.g. jump to specific points in a race - at least "next lap") and ability to save longer replays (currently 45 minute limit on PS4) and more than about 5 replays at a time.

There are many other things (e.g. balanced AI that actually races you rather than just playing follow-the-leader) but the above are the things which cause the most annoyance in my regular racing group and our leagues (which is where the long-term customer base comes from).

If they were to fix most of the reported issues in PC2 I and most of my league-mates would be happy, but I'm afraid that they'll be over-ambitious again for PC3 and still not deal with the basics properly.

Sankyo
15-02-2019, 09:41
Personally I think it's "easy" to make the AI be affected more/similarly by what affects the player without modifying the AI tyre model (big CPU hit) or simplifying the player's tyre model (goes against everything that pCARS stands for). Just use approximated physics to fill the current gaps and implement better (live)track awareness of the AI, and the experience will already be much better.

gotdirt410sprintcar
15-02-2019, 11:53
I think just revamp this game fix bugs online things that need fixed and move forward with what the vision was in the first place.

sisollazzo
15-02-2019, 11:59

The graphic is already good. The AI needs and the career mode need a lot of improvement.

Azure Flare
15-02-2019, 13:21

Gotta do this again...

You can have a complex tire model, and be able to have great AI. rFactor 2 is proof of that.

Cholton82
15-02-2019, 14:32
Gotta do this again...

You can have a complex tire model, and be able to have great AI. rFactor 2 is proof of that.

Having watched a race yesterday at Bathurst I initially thought that it was an online race with how the ai behaved , it looked great with locking up brakes and a few shunts and wall scrapes even the odd car facing the wrong way. Looked very impressive

cpcdem
15-02-2019, 15:21
-Realistic behavior of cars over kerbs, no more being sucked in them like they are a black hole
-A consistent, clear, a lot smarter and intuitive track limits penalty system
-Replays with jump in time functionality
-More realistic puddles formation with rain
-Stable online, a couple nights ago we completely abandoned doing a league race due to too many disconnections
-Much smaller bugs/features ratio

Then it will become the absolute sim for me!

Red Leader
15-02-2019, 17:04
-Realistic behavior of cars over kerbs, no more being sucked in them like they are a black hole
-A consistent, clear, a lot smarter and intuitive track limits penalty system
-Replays with jump in time functionality
-More realistic puddles formation with rain
-Stable online, a couple nights ago we completely abandoned doing a league race due to too many disconnections
-Much smaller bugs/features ratio

Then it will become the absolute sim for me!

All of this and:

- Custom championships
- Custom grids
- Better AI physics/tire models

F1_Racer68
15-02-2019, 19:15
Bulletproof multiplayer
Livery trading
Hi-quality sound and livery packs for PC
Searchable, smoother replays

Allow me to put on my "end-user" hat for a minute (personal opinions follow).

These are the areas that are the biggest challenges for leagues, and any group trying to do more than a 30 minute "sprint" style format of online racing. There are a number of fairly serious items that impact longer races and seem to only be a factor in online play.

Regarding replays and livery sharing, leagues use replays for post race investigations. Being able to jump directly to an incident would make life MUCH easier for those of us having to investigate those incidents. Livery sharing, well, it would certainly be nice for all league members to be able to run custom liveries that include league sponsor/partner logos, etc.

It's definitely an opportunity for large gains with the online communities.

CodeCmdr
15-02-2019, 20:45
Way fewer bugs.

Charger
16-02-2019, 01:34
A Banana ;-)

TexasTyme214
16-02-2019, 03:45
-Online driver swaps

-AI adapting to live track >> more than 32 cars on track

-Laser Scan as many returning tracks as possible.

-Record as many cars sounds as possible instead of reusing sound samples.

-Multiple Formula A and X chassis per class and with different eras

-Tire graining and punctures

-Super GT

-More class specific rules. Indy's HP differences in oval qualifying and race is a good existing example. Limited fuel consumption in Group C and LMP1-H is a notable example for a good addition.

HoiHman
16-02-2019, 03:58
CUSTOM SINGLE PLAYER CHAMPIONSHIPS :cool:

They were promised in PC1, removed from PC2 and it's the only very important feature that all the other sims do have, but Pcars does not.

RacingAtHome
16-02-2019, 11:13
They were promised in PC1, removed from PC2 and it's the only very important feature that all the other sims do have, but Pcars does not.

Gran Turismo doesn't. iRacing doesn't.

-Online driver swaps

-Tire gaining and punctures

-Super GT

-More class specific rules. Indy's HP differences in oval qualifying and race is a good existing example. Limited fuel consumption in Group C and LMP1-H is a notable example for a good addition.
I like these very much. Maybe a Formula X Oval and Formula A Oval as well.

Think you mean graining. ;)

Azure Flare
17-02-2019, 22:51
Gran Turismo doesn't. iRacing doesn't.

There is more than just GT or iRacing.

RacingAtHome
17-02-2019, 23:29
There is more than just GT or iRacing.

He said all other sims. I gave 2 sims that don't.

Azure Flare
18-02-2019, 00:19
He said all other sims. I gave 2 sims that don't.

rF2 doesn't have it, and neither does AC to my knowledge.

morpwr
18-02-2019, 01:18
-Online driver swaps

-Tire graining and punctures

-Super GT

We had punctures in pcars1 and everyone complained. Not me though I thought it was a great feature if you abused the tires.

charliev69
19-02-2019, 08:42
Simple ...

Laser Scanned tracks only .... so we dont get bland pool table smooth tracks ala BRNO.
Improved sound .... to be as good as / better than current competizione !!!

GFX are good to go :)

RacingAtHome
19-02-2019, 16:25
We had punctures in pcars1 and everyone complained. Not me though I thought it was a great feature if you abused the tires.

I never noticed it was a thing. Apart from that video which showed a deflated tyre.

Konan
19-02-2019, 18:41
For pCARS 3 i'd rather have............A MadBox :cool:

TexasTyme214
19-02-2019, 19:17

I'm aware. I'd still like it to be more prominent in PC3. I think it can be filtered through Full Damage settings only.

JJS15
19-02-2019, 19:34
Custom liveries online. Upload a livery to driver central and use it in game. And as it is on the internet, anyone can see your livery to make the race more customisable and personal. It's a bit like iRacing

MrTomRobs
19-02-2019, 19:51
Custom liveries online. Upload a livery to driver central and use it in game. And as it is on the internet, anyone can see your livery to make the race more customisable and personal. It's a bit like iRacing

I seem to be chasing you on your threads - this for me.

A few people have mentioned actual race warning flags, I wouldn't mind seeing a safety car to be perfectly honest!

Punctures would be good, as well as Formula E (I've only started watching this season and I'm already hooked!), possibly an improved licensing system? AI needs to be improved or at least made more consistent, and randomised weather conditions for career mode based on time of year and location?

For licensing, how would people feel about an old-Gran Turismo style license mode which has an effect on the online licenses you can use. E.g. You have a B-License which means you've completed driving courses E-B, which means you can enter races graded E-B, but A and S races are locked out for you if the minimum level has been set that way? It sounds quite similar to the existing system but rather than number of races completed, it's against a measured syllabus so to speak. Might help to filter out the kamikaze drivers in online?

nono782
19-02-2019, 22:53
I thought Pcars3 was going to be funnier ?
Everybody’s asking for a pcars2 with improvements.

I wish something with less sports, more street cars and why not an open map.
Something where the online lobbies are not GT3/GTE crowded, with always the same cars on the same tracks.
But with the same realistic physics.

David Wright
20-02-2019, 11:08
Penalties - start again on track cutting penalties. I believe ACC has different limits for hotlaps and racing - this sounds like a good idea. Even when hotlapping the half the car over the curb rule seems over strict. If you can't tailor the rules to specific corners on specific tracks then I think the 4 wheels off the track would be better. Drop the invalidation of the next lap for a cut anywhere in the last sector. When you see how amazing Livetrack 3 is - surely the game can work out that by cutting 3 corners before the last you won't gain an advantage on your next lap. Drop the penalties which force you to give up a place. In theory it sounds like a good idea to penalise ramming people off the track but its not reliable enough. So many times you hit someone who has spun in front of you and then get a penalty to give back the place.

amazed
20-02-2019, 11:10
Reviews? Isn't that a bit premature? Game's not even out yet. ;)

More to the point, not even been announced yet:rolleyes:

David Wright
20-02-2019, 11:14
Tracks - I love the range of tracks in PC2 and don't want to lose them for PC3 but in an ideal world I'm looking for all laser-scanned tracks in PC3. iRacing and Kunos have been committed to this approach for some time. Studio 397 albeit belatedly seem to going down this road for rF2. I don't play Forza but believe they use laser scanned tracks. For Livetrack 3.0 to work properly in terms of drainage and puddles I would think laser scanning is important.

Keena
20-02-2019, 12:16
Aside from the usual single player stuff we are all now familiar with like meaningful contracts, varying team performance, ability to turn car off while in the pit menu, etc etc Id like to suggest a little addition- a short cinematic from the 1st person view of walking into the garage and getting in the car. It would add immersion and lead naturally in to starting the engine and could be tied into a short engineer comms sequence for even more immersion.
Just an idea..

Stewy32
20-02-2019, 13:16
I dislike the career concept, I prefer both the PC1 (personal favourite on consoles so far) and PC2 Career Modes. I'd like to build my way up as a driver, and not have any form of in-game currency. I'd like to be hired by teams and have to prove my worth to get offers higher up the racing ladder.

Your list of what to improve, as it mainly lists "better". For the DLC I think PC2 had great DLC, any DLC pack which contains a trio of LMP1-Hs is worth the price of the whole pack by itself. Rather than "better" BoP I would like cars to run to their IRL performance specs, and the option of Custom BoP. For historic cars, the custom BoP page would also contain a "Suggested BoP" option.

sisollazzo
20-02-2019, 16:36
Think of this thread as a idea box for Project CARS 3, and for other things related to Project CARS 3, list your concerns, ideas, wishes, and thoughts on Project CARS 3.

am I excited for PC3? no, I never get excited for a game, last time I got excited it turned out to be a hot pile of vomit, and i'm never letting this emotion called excitement control me ever again.

but am I looking forward towards Project CARS 3? yes. I wont buy it day one, usually I wait a few months, see what the reviews are, and join in on the fun.

What I would like to see in Project CARS 3
-Better UI
-Better AI
-Better AI physics
-Better Vehicle Physics
-Better Damage
-More What-if cars
-Better Career
-Better DLC
-Better Sound
-More D-E-T-A-I-L
-more options of play
-better BoP
-Better Multi-Class system (less limitations, but more options of customization among the classes)
-better weather

let's have a DiRT system mixed with Gran Turismo system of single and multi play
For Career Mode, we'll have to buy our cars, make our own team, and hire our own crew, push it even further, and allow us to even change our driver appearance.
but for single play mode, you can expand in a couple of ways, ill list 2 off the bat.

Single Play option 1:
Custom Championships (Online and Offline)
in this tab, you can customize BoP, Cars, Classes, Regulations, Drivers, AI/Player Skill, and other basic things.
You'll be able to use your own team car, but also make other teams for the AI drivers, and for the online mode, all of the players will use a team they created. example.
REXPITVIPER1's racing team is: Driving for Dummies
Team Skill: F class
Cars: #41 Porsche Flat 6 and #451 BMW V8 GT cars
Sponsors: Nike, Casting Couch, US Army, Burger Shop
etc

Nicki Thiim's Racing team: Thiim Official Racing Team
Team Skill: S class
Cars: #32 Aston Martin Vantage and #34 AMV and #36 AMV
Sponsors: britains raf budget is garbage
etc

single play option 2:
custom single race (online and offline)
basic and generic, go for option 1, it's more fun!

ill update this post after I actually take a nap.

Don't exaggerate. Of course everything can be improved!
The important thing, is that the game need a better career mode.

sisollazzo
20-02-2019, 16:40
List seems too generic to be of much use.

Lets get more specific.

AI - it would be nice if the AI could avoid puddles like human players do. Not simple I'm sure with puddles varying in size and effect and clearly in some situations you have to drive through them. But this is a wish list :)

Physics - I recently compared set-up options on the PC1 Clio Cup with the PC2 Clio Cup and I like that the restriction on setup options is more realistic in PC2. I would like this to extend to limited slip diffs too. In GT3 cars in RR, ACC, rF2 and iRacing the ramp angles/% locking are not adjustable while in PC2 they are. Alternatively it would be nice if the PC2 defaults were those actually used which judging by RR figures they are not currently.

Physics - vintage tyres for vintage cars - PLEASE. Maybe have modern tyres as an option with vintage as default.

Weather - I know having developed Livetrack 3 there is a huge temptation to show off those puddles, but in reality, races are usually stopped in heavy rain. For "realistic" racing you have the option of light rain or rain. It would be nice to have more options on the lighter side of precipitation.

Weather - while we on the subject of realistic racing weather perhaps the option to race on snow could be restricted to cars that might conceivably do this. I am a bit torn on this - the snow option has proved popular for "fun" races, and PC3 is aiming to be more fun. But apart from the snow option grating with my purist side, I worry that the development time needed to allow GT3 and Indycars to race on snow detracts from higher priority areas but perhaps having already done it for PC2 it won't save development time to eliminate it for PC3.

I have the impression that after rain the ideal line need to much time to get dry.

sisollazzo
20-02-2019, 16:46
I thought Pcars3 was going to be funnier ?
Everybody’s asking for a pcars2 with improvements.

I wish something with less sports, more street cars and why not an open map.
Something where the online lobbies are not GT3/GTE crowded, with always the same cars on the same tracks.
But with the same realistic physics.

No, no, no! This is a really bad Idea!

GUIBRU
20-02-2019, 17:01
First of all, a new graphic engine.

bmanic
20-02-2019, 18:12
.. a better more consistent game (working AI in ALL conditions, working netcode, usable multiplayer lobby that actually makes sense etc) instead of feature creep.

nono782
20-02-2019, 19:04
No, no, no! This is a really bad Idea!

Updates and fixes for the price of a new game, this might be what the people here prefer.
But I think my idea would be more popular outside this forum.

REXPITVIPER1
20-02-2019, 20:20
List seems too generic to be of much use.

Lets get more specific.

AI - it would be nice if the AI could avoid puddles like human players do. Not simple I'm sure with puddles varying in size and effect and clearly in some situations you have to drive through them. But this is a wish list :)

Physics - I recently compared set-up options on the PC1 Clio Cup with the PC2 Clio Cup and I like that the restriction on setup options is more realistic in PC2. I would like this to extend to limited slip diffs too. In GT3 cars in RR, ACC, rF2 and iRacing the ramp angles/% locking are not adjustable while in PC2 they are. Alternatively it would be nice if the PC2 defaults were those actually used which judging by RR figures they are not currently.

Physics - vintage tyres for vintage cars - PLEASE. Maybe have modern tyres as an option with vintage as default.

Weather - I know having developed Livetrack 3 there is a huge temptation to show off those puddles, but in reality, races are usually stopped in heavy rain. For "realistic" racing you have the option of light rain or rain. It would be nice to have more options on the lighter side of precipitation.

Weather - while we on the subject of realistic racing weather perhaps the option to race on snow could be restricted to cars that might conceivably do this. I am a bit torn on this - the snow option has proved popular for "fun" races, and PC3 is aiming to be more fun. But apart from the snow option grating with my purist side, I worry that the development time needed to allow GT3 and Indycars to race on snow detracts from higher priority areas but perhaps having already done it for PC2 it won't save development time to eliminate it for PC3.

I was super tired, so I'm gonna be updating it soon.

REXPITVIPER1
20-02-2019, 20:21
Don't exaggerate. Of course everything can be improved!
The important thing, is that the game need a better career mode.

I do want something like DiRT's career mode -- where we have to build up our own racing team, buy our own cars, get our own sponsors, etc, but for custom championship/single race modes all of the cars are already there.

cxMilk
20-02-2019, 22:34
As a career-only player, the thing I want to see most is proper DLC integration in career mode.

My hopes are that career mode as a whole is completely re-imagined. How? I'm not entirely sure. Though I would like to see it return to pCars1's career as a baseline and expand from there. A far more dynamic career mode would be interesting to see as opposed to a static set of races for each series. Using pools of tracks for a given series that can change with each season; series where specific AI drivers are locked with the player such that some are also promoted from regional to international series, etc. Randomized weather would also fall in here. Essentially, anything to keep the career mode from being predictable if you were to replay it or even just a particular series. No matter the case, currency, like many other console racers make use of, should stay far away from pCars.

Of course, if offline custom championships are introduced, I'm not entirely certain how necessary it would be to beef up the career mode beyond what it is now other than polishing up some of the rough edges.

Cholton82
21-02-2019, 07:28
I’d like to have races start where it has been raining but has stopped so you still have a wet track for the first couple of laps until a drying line starts to appear , variable realistic weather in career so it’s a bit more random when replaying championships would be nice.

A fully working flag system , Ai mistakes and failures and punctures.
Live track working solidly before anything fancier gets added

Sankyo
21-02-2019, 07:41
Let's keep this thread for discussion, and the other thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?66183-Project-CARS-3-Wishlist-amp-Ideas-amp-Reviews) for compiling ideas and recommendations for pC3.

Rober
21-02-2019, 14:25
So people in the PCars forum prefer PCars over Test Drive Unlimited or NFS Hot Pursuit. Well yes, even if I have enjoyed those games in the past don't want this franchise to turn in to that.
More street cars I suppose is ok, even more race cars would be better but there are a lot of things to improve or to add, look at "that other thread".
If the step between PCARS3 and PCARS2 is of the same size that the one between this and PCARS1 I will be very happy to pay. :tennis:

RacingAtHome
21-02-2019, 16:11
Speaking of pit stops. The current pit strategy system is extremely tedious, and IMO incentivizes lobby hosts to avoid pit stops. The guys I raced with love incorporating mandatory pit stops in simple 8-ish lap sprint races, but the current pit strategy system generates a lot of complaints.

Simplified Pit System
- Interactive pit menu (appears while in pit stall)
- Relative tyre pressure adjustment (currently have to specify prior to race, and cannot adjust)
- Select/change tyres from a visual menu
- Dynamic fueling (fuel until the user says to stop)
- "Laps remaining" fuel gauge
- Tyre temp/health infographic (large and easy to read)

I agree with most of these but I don't like the Gran Turismo style interactive pitstops. I'd much prefer to choose what I need before entering the pits.

MrTomRobs
21-02-2019, 16:19
Suggestions

Good list! Liveries and working safety flags are definite ones for me.

I'd like to see an actual Suzuka raceway, rather than the fictional Sakitto one. I understand it's probably licensed for use by Gran Turismo as an exclusive (I don't know if it's in AC, iRacing or similar) but we can dream! I got so confused running around Sakitto the first time, I still keep thinking I need to brake for the Casio Triangle!

Stewy32
21-02-2019, 17:39

I'd like to see an actual Suzuka raceway, rather than the fictional Sakitto one. I understand it's probably licensed for use by Gran Turismo as an exclusive (I don't know if it's in AC, iRacing or similar) but we can dream! I got so confused running around Sakitto the first time, I still keep thinking I need to brake for the Casio Triangle!

Suzuka is in Forza Motorsport 7 and iRacing.

However, the main issue with Suzuka is the cost. If I remember correctly, SMS built it then got told they'd have to pay around the same as a manafacturer license fee for the circuit, so they just edited it slightly and saved themselves €250,000 (a guess at the cost, I can't remember it)

RacingAtHome
21-02-2019, 18:18

However, the main issue with Suzuka is the cost. If I remember correctly, SMS built it then got told they'd have to pay around the same as a manafacturer license fee for the circuit, so they just edited it slightly and saved themselves €250,000 (a guess at the cost, I can't remember it)

Ian definitely said it was 6 figures.

bradleyland
21-02-2019, 18:39
I agree with most of these but I don't like the Gran Turismo style interactive pitstops. I'd much prefer to choose what I need before entering the pits.

I was thinking it'd be an option. You'd still have pit strategies, but the interactive overlay is there to make on-the-fly modifications.

bradleyland
21-02-2019, 18:41

It's in Real Racing 3 too. Maddening that Suzuka is in a mobile game, but didn't make it into pCARS.

To be clear, I blame Honda/Mobilityland absurd licensing fees, not SMS.

bradleyland
21-02-2019, 20:58
I'd throw in there that the pCARS point-to-point tracks (Cali Hwy and Azure Coast) are some of the best road car driving environments of any sim I've ever played. They are absolutely incredible, and feel so much more appropriate when driving road cars. I'd love to see SMS add one in pCARS 3, even if it is a paid DLC (I know they're a ton of effort).

REXPITVIPER1
21-02-2019, 23:33

maybe have actual working spotters, a real-time 60fps replay system that records the whole race like in IRacing and GTSPORT, maybe have legit driver changes, a better pitstip animations, that are dynamic, get some GTSPORT pitstop mechanics in there aswell along with the ICM pitstop thingy.

REXPITVIPER1
21-02-2019, 23:34

Suzuka is also in GTSPORT

Stewy32
22-02-2019, 07:35
It's in Real Racing 3 too. Maddening that Suzuka is in a mobile game, but didn't make it into pCARS.

To be clear, I blame Honda/Mobilityland absurd licensing fees, not SMS.

Real Racing 3 has that EA money to license it ,and also players having to pay $1 per lap.

Mowzer
22-02-2019, 07:56
Livery editor would be nice:cool:

Zaskarspants
22-02-2019, 10:06
In game field of view calculator, simples and would save faffing about with an external app.

gotdirt410sprintcar
22-02-2019, 11:29
So people in the PCars forum prefer PCars over Test Drive Unlimited or NFS Hot Pursuit. Well yes, even if I have enjoyed those games in the past don't want this franchise to turn in to that.
More street cars I suppose is ok, even more race cars would be better but there are a lot of things to improve or to add, look at "that other thread".
If the step between PCARS3 and PCARS2 is of the same size that the one between this and PCARS1 I will be very happy to pay. :tennis: That's what I said a page or two back keep this game / franchise alone. Just add to it but what ever they do the game has too work like bmanic said those things have to work or they will be in the same place they are now. I hope they don't go with car setups that are slider bars etc... too cater too the ones that don't want too take the time to learn about that part. time will tell

Konan
22-02-2019, 14:27
Ian said the sim section will not be touched (at least not in the negative way)

bradleyland
22-02-2019, 14:58
Real Racing 3 has that EA money to license it ,and also players having to pay $1 per lap.

I seriously hate EA over that game (as if I didn't before). It's the best racing game on mobile, but the pay-to-play element is just absurd. It'd cost me thousands to play it as much as I do pCARS 2.

Chung
22-02-2019, 16:07
I would like the option to hide those ugly licence plates on road cars.

Smoker
22-02-2019, 19:16
A thought about TT and how it could be made much more attractive:
Overwork of the penalty-system, including a ranking-system like the leaderboard online, but not only with respect to the leader, instead there should be a ranking with points for the first 10 or 20 whatever. That would make it more interesting for more people, not only the fastest guys. Sortable after driver, track, car. That would spice the whole thing up I think. Edit: I forgot to mention, TT should also have influence on the driver license since, imho, one has to drive clean and fast anyway in TT to get it to something.

Cladandadum
23-02-2019, 15:49
Multiplayer that doesn't keep disconnecting and custom offline championships. Thank you.

dan2312
23-02-2019, 17:51
Race penalties:

I think PCars2 has a done the best job for race penalties of any simulator out there. It the smartest and most logical penalty system I have seen implemented to date but I think we can refine it to be slightly better.
Please fix cutting at on the bus stop on the Daytona race track and the bus stop at Watkins Glen when strict penalties are turned ON.
Have a low, medium and strict setting for penalties in multiplayer lobbies so people can customize their lobbies.
Fix penalties being applied to a car that gets bumped off the track during a race. Eg: Perhaps design the logic to be something like this, if car cuts corner or goes off track but there was a impact/collision within 1 sec before the off track excursion, negate penalty. Basically each car would need like a 1 sec buffer of collision (yes or no) to determine whether a off track penalty should be applied.
Another issue is when cars spin out in front of you and you hit them, the car behind gets a penalty and is forced to give the position back or take a penalty. The logic is sound that the car behind is at fault if there is a collision, unless the car in front is spinning out or has lost control. One way to fix this issue would be to account for the slip angle of the car in front. Meaning the logic could be something like this: if the car in front is at a 25deg or more slip angle when the collision happens, no penalties applied to the car in the back as it collects the car in front and it is trying to avoid a collision.

I would like to add to your penalties system that i think people whom corner bomb to cause accidents should be disqualified, it should be implemented if a car is impacted by a certain speed by another then the one whom was going the fastest should be disqualified and be in a 'sinbin' until they prove themselves to be more mature.

Also more focus on the half finished racing series such as Touring cars, as it is very popular and last night was more popular than GT3.

Where is the honda civic touring car?

Also there needs to be Yellow and Red flags, Red flags need to be implemented in the 1st lap of the race for any awful pile ups, which do happen. i was involved in one last night online.

gotdirt410sprintcar
23-02-2019, 21:58
They can just have a restart vote system for first lap first turn stuff. And yellow flags could be for a guy with damage trying to get back too pits maybe parts on track after wreck. And not everyone might not get a yellow flag because it be cleaned up or every one has to complete a lap then the yellow would be lifted on that part of track. And if a guy crashed out he could not exit the track too have a yellow for that for a lap then the game returns him to the lobby. Be something cool yellow too for the first turn pile up so you might save your race lol. It has to be simple you start putting too much stuff in game like pcars has already there could be problems how the game runs imo

gj_ozracer
24-02-2019, 07:53
Tech support which extends the life of the game!!
ala iRacing.

Life of Game to be extended with downloads and updates.
Downloads are chargeable and enhance the original game by adding new content, cars and tracks (dirt oval racing, monster trucks, FormulaE, etc)
Updates improve the basic functionality of the game, by keeping it up to date.

Basic game is still full of tracks and cars that keep sim racers occupied, and attract new Racers.
With a career mode that allows people to race, progress, learn and improve themselves to the point where they are willing to get involved in online racing too, and come back for more and more!

Licensing system that allows for the "crash & bashers" to be segregated to a separate rank, so as not to disrupt new online racers, that just want to get involved and improve themselves.

breyzipp
24-02-2019, 09:20
More friendly to new players / controller players. It should be easy to pick up (granted with assists on) for the casual players. Dirt Rally 2.0 is a fine example, out of the box, pick up a controller and go. As I get better I can turn off assists I don’t want anymore.

Much more in-game tutorials & explaining what the effects are of the weather, temperature, more help with explaining tuning etc.

REXPITVIPER1
24-02-2019, 09:38
if I could suggest another thing, the idea of bring back year locked classes, example: Group GT3 2014 (filled with the most popular 2014 cars) or Group GT4 2019 or LMP1 2006, it makes the multi-class system more refined and easier to work with, and while we're on the multi-class system, can I also suggest the idea of a less restricted multi-class sytem, allowing us to choose what cars race, their teams, drivers, even their strategy too (and BoP), this could work into the custom championship idea aswell, it'd be nice to actually run every class at VLN instead of only 4.

also it'd be nice to customize our cars more (this can factor into regulation restrictions in the custom championship mode):
headlight color
livery
driver names
number plates
led lighting
digital position boards and position lighting
endurance packages (in PC2 Endurance cars are just reskins of normal GT3 cars, so it'd be nice if the endurance package actually changed some things about the car instead of liveries and lights)
wheel types
tire branding
sponsors
driver suits
crew suits
I think I got everything.

Cladandadum
24-02-2019, 13:23
It's been mentioned before but time trial leaderboards that actually correspond per car. I know that this is related to consoles but there is nothing more frustrating than wanting to post a time in the Lotus 25 and then being compared to Formula X! Properly synced leaderboards would have a significant impact on longevity.

Jurld
24-02-2019, 14:45
With constant advances in GPU processing power, there is no reason not to have our cake and eat it too. Unless they come up with a way to offload the tire physics or AI driving-decision calculations onto GPUs there honestly isn't that much that the GPU is useful for anyway. Maybe they will have some extra incentive to figure out these things with their own console. That is one thing that would help set it apart from other platforms.

But, aside from pretty stuff to look at, I'd like to have:

AI that is far more consistent, realistic and predictable, and under the same watchful eyes of the track stewards as I am.
Better AI pace in rain, or an option to set weather in single-player career mode. Right now racing in rain in career is pointless tedium because the AI are so slow. Except that they can totally ignore puddles.
AI that knows how to negotiate a hairpin. So many tracks are totally ruined in single-player by this weakness.
A track-penalty system that doesn't penalize you for cutting the track when it doesn't actually gain you any time or position, or when it is not avoidable (the AI punts you, track is entirely blocked, etc).
Less drops in multiplayer. As you can probably tell from my comments about AI, I don't do this mode much, but I've already experienced it more than I'd like.

Content wise, I have my favorite cars and tracks and series that I feel are sorely missing or inadequately represented that I won't bore you with. But I will say any game claiming to be a diverse racing sim that does not include stock and racing-spec Mazda MX-5 should take a long hard look in the mirror and ask itself if it really wants to get serious.

Also, Barber Motorsports Park. ;-)

Jurld
24-02-2019, 14:47
One other thing... they do a pretty good job with their online help at explaining things like changing setups, etc. But about 1/2 the time I still don't know for sure which way I am adjusting the brake bias. 45/55 towards which end?

Zaskarspants
24-02-2019, 16:07
'A track-penalty system that doesn't penalize you for cutting the track when it doesn't actually gain you any time or position, or when it is not avoidable (the AI punts you, track is entirely blocked, etc).'

If you go off you will only get a penalty when you gain time. Collisions are treated as both being at fault so some may feel unfair.

cpcdem
24-02-2019, 16:22
If you go off you will only get a penalty when you gain time. Collisions are treated as both being at fault so some may feel unfair.

Come on, you know this is not true. Did I gain any time here https://vimeo.com/291330152 or here https://vimeo.com/291332971 when I went intentionally in the grass in the straight, losing time and speed on the way? Or even worse here https://vimeo.com/291375403 , where not only I lost much time, a car passed me as well, and then had to let another 5 cars pass for already losing time in the first place?

About collisions, he refers to ones that have nothing to do with the player. Two cars in front crash together and end up covering the full width of the track. You were following them and in order to avoid them, in the last moment you steer outside the track to avoid the crash and get awarded a warning, so have to wait until (if) those guys come back on track and let them pass you to avoid getting a drive through penalty. It can cause you lose 20 or more seconds, and it gets even worse if that happened in the main straight and there was someone in the pits, then you have to wait until he passes you as well!!! I know, this never happens in single player, it's only multiplayer that gets ruined by this system.

Stewy32
24-02-2019, 17:10
I personally can only recall having one online issue with overtaking outside track limits, and this one is different to any cpcdem mentioned.

I was doing a league race at Snetterton 300 and running a lot better then I expected, I hadn't been able to practice due to family reasons and are one of the slowest guys anyway. One of the drivers in front of me, out of the final corner, left the session without retiring to the pits. A few seconds later when I arrived at the corner I ran wide on the exit, and was off-track at the place they had left. The game then, even though I had lifted entirely off throttle(to avoid a penalty) made me give a position back. I had to lose up several seconds to give up this place, and as this put me into a multi-car battle I got shuffled back, meaning I essentially lost 4 places due to this bug.

cpcdem
24-02-2019, 17:14
I personally can only recall having one online issue with overtaking outside track limits, and this one is different to any cpcdem mentioned.

I was doing a league race at Snetterton 300 and running a lot better then I expected, I hadn't been able to practice due to family reasons and are one of the slowest guys anyway. One of the drivers in front of me, out of the final corner, left the session without retiring to the pits. A few seconds later when I arrived at the corner I ran wide on the exit, and was off-track at the place they had left. The game then, even though I had lifted entirely off throttle(to avoid a penalty) made me give a position back. I had to lose up several seconds to give up this place, and as this put me into a multi-car battle I got shuffled back, meaning I essentially lost 4 places due to this bug.

Yeah, that's practically the same bug as with having to give back the position to a car that's in the pits, same root cause. Apparently the game simply checks previous and next position only, does not check at all what is the state of the cars that have been "passed".

Sentry87
24-02-2019, 17:56
if I could suggest another thing, the idea of bring back year locked classes, example: Group GT3 2014 (filled with the most popular 2014 cars) or Group GT4 2019 or LMP1 2006, it makes the multi-class system more refined and easier to work with, and while we're on the multi-class system, can I also suggest the idea of a less restricted multi-class sytem, allowing us to choose what cars race, their teams, drivers, even their strategy too (and BoP), this could work into the custom championship idea aswell, it'd be nice to actually run every class at VLN instead of only 4.

also it'd be nice to customize our cars more (this can factor into regulation restrictions in the custom championship mode):
headlight color
livery
driver names
number plates
led lighting
digital position boards and position lighting
endurance packages (in PC2 Endurance cars are just reskins of normal GT3 cars, so it'd be nice if the endurance package actually changed some things about the car instead of liveries and lights)
wheel types
tire branding
sponsors
driver suits
crew suits
I think I got everything.

I second to all of that. Custom offline championship/ grid is almost a must for me to buy pc3

seb02
25-02-2019, 12:22
I second to all of that. Custom offline championship/ grid is almost a must for me to buy pc3

The same here....

UkHardcore23
25-02-2019, 17:21
Tbh us console guys badly need the better graphics. We need much better AF, Way less Jaggies / Better AA. AI cars need vastly improved and much less transforming from diff poly levels. Graphically PCARS 2 dropped from PCARS 1 i dread to think it dropping again from PCARS 2 to PCARS 3.

Stewy32
25-02-2019, 17:24
Tbh us console guys badly need the better graphics. We need much better AF, Way less Jaggies / Better AA. AI cars need vastly improved and much less transforming from diff poly levels. Graphically PCARS 2 dropped from PCARS 1 i dread to think it dropping again from PCARS 2 to PCARS 3.

Personally I am on console and I think graphics are fine.

gotdirt410sprintcar
26-02-2019, 16:26
It will be coming out on the new console so I say you should be happy with the changes lol.

Konan
26-02-2019, 17:41
It will be coming out on the new console

...You mean the MadBox right? :p

gotdirt410sprintcar
26-02-2019, 19:59
...You mean the MadBox right? :p

Don't confuse them now they might go mad crazy lol.

Konan
27-02-2019, 12:52
Don't confuse them now they might go mad crazy lol.

Good... Than i won't be the only one... :p

RyokoMaruyama
27-02-2019, 17:38
Driver customization, let me play as a male or female and let me choose different models ala Codies games and give us a ton of firesuits and gloves and helmets to customize :D

Cholton82
27-02-2019, 21:11
Ill add sounds to my previous post , Just turned a few laps in the 911 GTE and I just can’t put up with it which is a shame as it would be my favourite GTE car . I’ve been driving the Aston GTE recently and the 911 sounds like a wasp in a can in comparison. Doesn’t sound like it’s real life counterpart at all imo.

Twinz
28-02-2019, 12:14
If we could enable mics on PC, that would be awesome. -Maybe be able to map a "push to talk" button and the option to mute everyone to allow us to cut down on chatter.

Typing while driving is hard enough when using screens and impossible for me in VR.

Tank621
28-02-2019, 12:26
My main want is a more in depth career and custom offline championships, aside from the general expected improvements across the game that is all I desire

xtro
28-02-2019, 14:52
- more focus on the car engine sounds
- more "life".. tiny details that make the sim feel real
- more user friendly multiplayer

freeon
28-02-2019, 15:07
If we could enable mics on PC, that would be awesome. -Maybe be able to map a "push to talk" button and the option to mute everyone to allow us to cut down on chatter.

Typing while driving is hard enough when using screens and impossible for me in VR.

For me the push to talk would have to be mandatory. I played PC1 on PS4 and absolutely hated the chat feature. Besides the pointless yaping there was also the static noise from all the cheap mics, the heavy breathing and the guy eating chips. The no chat on PC is what I love most about it. Push to talk would eliminate some of those issues.

Twinz
28-02-2019, 16:22
For me the push to talk would have to be mandatory. I played PC1 on PS4 and absolutely hated the chat feature. Besides the pointless yaping there was also the static noise from all the cheap mics, the heavy breathing and the guy eating chips. The no chat on PC is what I love most about it. Push to talk would eliminate some of those issues.

Maybe some sort of "speech to text" system could be implemented. This would fix the typing issue and avoid noise issues. Heck a "push to engage speech to text" button to avoid random noise and outbursts from becoming walls of text in the chat box. (Although I'm sure allways-on speech to text would provide a lot of comic relief)

RomKnight
28-02-2019, 20:42
I just want a working driver swap with proper netcode to match (stability).

I still say that 24h cycles and every possible weather imaginable are worthless without this. And no, accelerated time is not the same.

MillieG420
28-02-2019, 21:27
I just want a Lancia Delta.

DaWorstPlaya
01-03-2019, 02:17

If you want Push To Talk (PTT) use Discord chat instead of Steam chat. Discord allows you to set PTT on your wheel, while Steam doesn't. We moved our league to Discord because of that and better sound quality in general.

B1rdy
01-03-2019, 08:46
I'd rather have a bug free and working as intended PCars2.

TorTorden
01-03-2019, 09:34
Only game online where don't use discord or teamspeak would be dcs that uses SRS.
But that's also a third party system that ties into your aircraft's radio's and encryption.
I don't think that support voice engaged.

We often use discord on top of it for shooting the shit.

RyokoMaruyama
02-03-2019, 22:50
Most of the drivers and teams from the D1GP series :D

kagurazakayukari
08-03-2019, 02:14
Good networking without steamAPI

suffered a lot in mainland China. Now canceled all championship plan in my league. Almost 30 people+

REXPITVIPER1
11-03-2019, 04:51
I seriously hate EA over that game (as if I didn't before). It's the best racing game on mobile, but the pay-to-play element is just absurd. It'd cost me thousands to play it as much as I do pCARS 2.

the pay to play isn't an issue.. I played Real Racing 3 before and managed to progress quite far without paying a dime and was able to upgrade every car in my garage with out spending a dime, I got bored and downloaded CARX 2.

Smoker
11-03-2019, 05:19
Some dirt on the windshield.

Asturbo
11-03-2019, 19:34
In the suggestion thread i posted my full wish list (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?66183-NO-CHAT-Project-CARS-3-Wishlist-amp-Ideas&p=1561982&viewfull=1#post1561982) for PCARS3. Most of the things was already commented many times, but I think others don't.

Only comment things that usually are not mentioned:

Why our virtual starting lights are so ugly and are inverted (from down to up)?. I never understood that and I don't have any logic explanation.
We need something like Assetto Radar to substitute the arrows. It would be a good solution to prevent contacts. Arrows has a blind zone where doesn't work.
Ingame helps (not cars help) controlable in online lobbies. It's important that we can control the steering assist or the manual clutch i.e. that could give advantage and we can't control.
Sorting grids was fully commented, but an option to save lobby status after qualifing, would help to restore that point if disaster happens (hope not so ussual in future).
Option to rejoin session before green lights, even allowing player starting from pit lane or last position.
Autosave replays. I understand it doesn't exist in consoles by hardware limitations, but I think in PC should be automatic. Now if host closes fast, you can't save the replay or can forget it.
Controls profiles or double key assigment for each action. Doesn't make sense that if you have shifter you have to redefine controls to change from paddels to secuential shifter. You could assign both inputs to same action and change of shift method without edit asigments.
Shortcuts for many ICM actions. I.E. reduce o increase fuel in pit stop button assignment. After your pit stop if you have already load the fuel for the rest of the race, if you need to pit again for an accident, it's nightmare reduce the litres with ICM. Or rotating between predefined strategies.
Option to change litres and tyres before any race without creating and saving a new setup, even with fixed setups (this one sure it has been commented).
Leave pit box manually while repairing, with partial repairs/fueling. We can leave before job was done, pressing one button or engagin 1sr gear i.e. Now is all or nothing.
Fast pit stop option for short races. Now the time loose pitting is too high in short races. Higher speed limit in pit lane and fast refueling/tyre change/repairs (5x i.e.) would be nice for short races.
Sign Mr_Bellowsky for Crewchief integration and Jack Spade to add his flavour in the game in all platforms.
WMD3 of course.

The rest of the things like driver swaps, weather, custom libraries, custom championships... I think all of us agree.

See full list here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?66183-NO-CHAT-Project-CARS-3-Wishlist-amp-Ideas&p=1561982&viewfull=1#post1561982)

JasonSandwich
12-03-2019, 02:48
@Asturbo - Some damn good suggestions from the man who aggregated the issue lists. Nice job!

Saleen_S7
12-03-2019, 06:22
In the suggestion thread i posted my full list (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?66183-NO-CHAT-Project-CARS-3-Wishlist-amp-Ideas&p=1561982&viewfull=1#post1561982) for PC3. Most of the things was already commented many times, but I think others don't.

Only comment things that usually are not listed:

- Why our virtual starting lights are so ugly and are reverse as normal light (from down to up)?. I never understood that and I don't have any explanation.
- Something like Assetto Radar to substitute the arrows would be a good solution to prevent contacts. Arrows has a blind zone where doesn't work.
- Ingame helps (not cars help) controlable in online lobbies. It's important that we can control the steering assist or the manual clutch i.e. that could give advantage and we can't control.
- Sorting grids was fully commented, but an option to save lobby status after qualifing, would help to restore that poing if disaster happens (hope not so ussual in future).
- Option to rejoin session before green lights, even allowing player starting from pit lane.
- Autosave replays. I understand it doesn't exist in consoles by limitations, but I think in PC should be automatic. If host closes fast, you can't save the replay.
- Controls profiles or double key assigment for each action. Doesn't make sense that if you have shifter you have to redefine controls to change from paddels to secuential shifter. You could assign both inputs to same action.
- Shortcuts for many ICM actions. I.E. reduce o increse fuel in pit stop button assignment. After your pit stop if you have already load the fuel for the rest of the race, if you need to pit again for an accident, it's nightmare reduce the litres with ICM.
- Option to change litres and tyres before any race without creating and saving a new setup, even with fixed setups (this one sure it has been commented).
- Leave pit box manually when repairing, with partial repairs if we leave before job was done, pressing one button or engagin 1sr gear i.e. Now is all or nothing.
- Fast pit stops option for short races. Now the time loose pitting is too high in sort races. Higher speed limit in pit lane and fast refueling/tyre change/repairs (5x i.e.) would be nice for short races.
- Sign Mr_Bellowsky for Crewchief integration and Jack Spade to add his flavour in the game.
- WMD3

The rest of the things like drivers swaps, weather, libraries,... I think all of us agree

Wow, that was a way long list. But I agree.

Exige.S1
13-03-2019, 07:50
- more clubrace cars (firs on wishlist are cars from Lotus, second Porsche, then KTM, Radical etc.)
- laser scanned tracks
- better ai

Nick86ITA
13-03-2019, 08:38
I know that most of the things people want are impossible to achieve, I just need a working netcode without bugs and the penalty system to make sense, ramming people should be cast away. Also a user rated license would be usefull.

Asturbo
14-03-2019, 18:11
Another suggestion...

I hate when somebody shares his personal setup, he has to capture 5 screens and upload it, and when other wants to use it, has to copy manually or print on paper. You can see in the "Request Setups" threads of this forums with thousands of captures to pass a few data. Example (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?64820-Setup-Requests-for-Consoles(pictures)-Post-Patch-7-0&p=1562292&viewfull=1#post1562292)

My proposed solution is integrate a QR Code in the setup screen that stores all the values of the setup. In a 101x101 QR it's possible store more than 3000bytes that could be enough for all the data of your setup and you could pass it to your smartphone without using paper. Then you can read it from your phone when you need it.

You'll undestand me better with an example:

If you use you smartphone, you scan that QR (QR apps are free) and you get all the data in an ecological way. And you only have to post a small image with all your setup data or the ascii results of the scan. It would be specially useful for console users, that can scan his own setup from their screen, and send it in text mode thought Whatsapp to a friend before the race i.e.

The QR code could be in steady position as in the first picture, or we can add a button "Get QR code" and then appears as an overlay (easier to capture for console players). After clicking anywhere desappears again getting a cleaner interface:

In these examples the QR was generated manually with fictional data, but you can scan it with you phone to see how it would work (open as text, not with browser).

It could be used also in the results screens for data for sharing & publishing..

cpcdem
14-03-2019, 20:54
Wouldn't it be much easier if they were simple .txt /cfg files that people can share? Then you could even use a file comparer tool to quickly spot the changes...

I realize they tried to crypt absolutely everything in order to avoid exploits, but wouldn't it be much simpler when loading such a file in the game to make a check against the allowed values there?

Asturbo
14-03-2019, 22:28
Wouldn't it be much easier if they were simple .txt /cfg files that people can share? Then you could even use a file comparer tool to quickly spot the changes...
For PC user, may be but think also in console users. With the proposed system is the fastest way I can imagine. You only need to make the photo of your TV, scan the code and send the result as text by WA/mail. From the QR code you should get the same info contained in CFG file if it would be plaint text, but without browsing the file system.

The process as described would take only 5".

Javaniceday
14-03-2019, 23:25
Another suggestion...

I hate when somebody shares his personal setup, he has to capture 5 screens and upload it, and when other wants to use it, has to copy manually or print on paper. You can see in the "Request Setups" threads of this forums with thousands of captures.

My proposed solution is integrate a QR Code in the setup screen that stores all the values of the setup. In a 101x101 QR it's possible store more than 3000bytes that could be enough for all the data of your setup and you could pass it to your smartphone without using paper. Then you can read it from your phone when you need it.

This is the kind of suggestion I created this thread for. You see, graphics not only take processing power, but also programming time. Sure, the programmers that work on graphics are probably experts in that field, but they are programmers nonetheless. The point is to find ways to use these resources (not just cpu power, but man power) in other areas where they may be needed. These guys might be freelancers as well, so even more so. With these ideas, instead of hiring one kind of programmer, you hire other kind of programmers.

Nice idea!

cpcdem
15-03-2019, 00:10
For PC user, may be but think also in console users. With the proposed system is the fastest way I can imagine. You only need to make the photo of your TV, scan the code and send the result as text by WA/mail. From the QR code you should get the same info contained in CFG file if it would be plaint text, but without browsing the file system.

The process as described would take only 5".

Oops, right, sorry indeed I did not think about consoles!

Sankyo
15-03-2019, 07:33
This is the kind of suggestion I created this thread for. You see, graphics not only take processing power, but also programming time. Sure, the programmers that work on graphics are probably experts in that field, but they are programmers nonetheless. The point is to find ways to use these resources (not just cpu power, but man power) in other areas where they may be needed. These guys might be freelancers as well, so even more so. With these ideas, instead of hiring one kind of programmer, you hire other kind of programmers.

Nice idea!

People who work on graphics will always work on graphics. A render coder will not do gameplay code, and neither will an asset builder. Simple as that really. The only option would be to hire more gameplay coders. Game development has become so complicated that you don't have people anymore who can do everything, nor is is efficient to have people switch tasks all the time. Someone who has been working on render code for 4 months will have to spend significant time familiarizing him-/herself again first with the gameplay code before being able to add anything useful.

Besides, it already starts with prioritizing of what is needed and when. Even though I like the QR code idea, when a decision is needed whether to put a programmer on optimizing render code or improving AA, or to have him/her implement a QR code system, the former will always be decided to be more important for the game.

Asturbo
15-03-2019, 08:04
Besides, it already starts with prioritizing of what is needed and when. Even though I like the QR code idea, when a decision is needed whether to put a programmer on optimizing render code or improving AA, or to have him/her implement a QR code system, the former will always be decided to be more important for the game.
For sure we all know that we can't get everything and I obviously prefer improving AA, as you have said. But if we are now in the brainstorming stage (not sure), everything could be suggested and add it to the list. The creativity manuals says that even from crazy ideas you could get good results. After colleting all the ideas, the design team has to analize the convenience and the viability of each proposal. Then they have to estimate the cost and beneficts that it brings to decide to tackle or discard it.

About this particular feature, the cost would't be high. The coding algoritms are standart based and public and probably the libraries needed are free. You have to read the values in memory of the setup parameters and pass it to the QR script to make the QR code. More UI job than codding job.

Obviously I don't say it's easy (nothing is), but I see much more complicated the driver swap i.e. (and DSwap is more important for the game, no doubt about that).

Asturbo
16-03-2019, 09:55
I'm giving another turn to the QR idea.

Somebody knows if the setup parameters are avaliable with the shared memory option in PCARS 2?

If it's true, it would be possibe create an external app running in background and with a hotkey it could read the desired memory positions and generate a QR code externally, even for PCARS2...

cpcdem
16-03-2019, 14:04
I'm giving another turn to the QR idea.

Somebody knows if the setup parameters are avaliable with the shared memory option in PCARS 2?

If it's true, it would be possibe create an external app running in background and with a hotkey it could read the desired memory positions and generate a QR code externally, even for PCARS2...

Unfortunately not. If it was, I would had done something like that long ago :)

Asturbo
16-03-2019, 14:21
Unfortunately not. If it was, I would had done something like that long ago :)
Yeah, I asked by PM Mr_Belowsky and he confirmed me that that info is not in the shared memory.

norteenick
18-03-2019, 17:43
In replay have the ability to select the lap to watch.

I wish I could select the lap I want to watch the replay of,
rather than have to go fast forward for several minutes
just to see what idiot crashed me out in the finish race.

+1 for this.

As an OTL admin that has to judge incidents reported to me by Lap#, this becomes a chore when the incidents are well into a race. More so when it's an endurance race :sorrow:

Javaniceday
18-03-2019, 19:11
you know what... I'd also add Quality of Life improvements to the game.

Simple things that in the context of a simulation seem unimportant, but in the context of using the product, it is.

Like, if a car has different aero packages for LeMan or Oval or Road, those should be part of the Set Up screen and not separate cars. You shouldn't see AIs using Oval aero on a road course when doing a Group C or Indy race, for instance.

Formula cars should have DRS zone rules built in.

and again, the AI difficulty really needs to be balanced to perfection. You should feel confident that you are in fact getting better/faster, and not have that nagging feeling that the AI is nerfed in that one corner or track - or seeing the AI be super quick somewhere, and be left wondering "wow do I suck? or is it the AI"?

yannara
19-03-2019, 05:59
- Customizable championship with points
- Option to select stand / rolling start in a race in Career or Championship
- Remove the requirement to be at least 3rd to move forward in Career. Make it 9/16 or 12/24.
- Remove the fuel bug where the amount gets resetted in a Pit when you go to customize or select setup
- Make AI do more mistakes, they drive always clean race (GT3, GT4, TC).
- Make AI try max. best times at Practise, same attitude as in Qualify
- Add option to dashboard view, to see what tyres are currently in used

Class800
20-03-2019, 08:55
An option in settings to reduce the quality of replays-Some circuits give me less than 20 fps while watching replays with a large grid, so It's ot really enjoyable. Same with monitor mode.

Zaskarspants
21-03-2019, 14:43
I have an idea for the HUD in pcars3. I run my HUD quite empty with most widgets out of my racing view at the top of my screen, but I keep the delta widget just above my wheel base, what I would like is an option to sticky HUD widgets to the car movement. I would find this more immersive.

I appreciate this is probably an issue few share but it does slightly distract me to have the car moving and not adjacent HUD items.

Urban Chaos 2.0
21-03-2019, 16:29
I would like to see RANDOM mechanical breakdowns (offline only).

What makes more sense, is for every operation by the mechanics, to require time. When you crash the car, it should take time to repair (which can be sat through in real-time, while you watch other cars race/practice on-screen, or sped-up in the menu, like PCARS1). The more damage, the more time required for the repair. Also, diagnostics and other things should take time. If you rush the mechanics, and force them to complete a 25 minute job in only 10 minutes, the chance of some kind of failure about the car will increase greatly. A reason, a player might want to get the mechanics to work quicker, while sacrificing potential reliability, obviously is the preservation of practice time, or the limitation of damage done to average lap-time for endurance races.

There should also be heavy penalties imposed on players for restarting sessions. This will disincentivise people from circumventing the system.

Also: Returning to the garage, should require you to DRIVE there (or walk, if you crashed the car), and go through the necessary shut-down procedures in the garage.

All of this, should be optional, of course.

PostBox981
21-03-2019, 16:43
What makes more sense, is for every operation by the mechanics, to require time. When you crash the car, it should take time to repair (which can be sat through in real-time, while you watch other cars race/practice on-screen, or sped-up in the menu, like PCARS1). The more damage, the more time required for the repair. Also, diagnostics and other things should take time. If you rush the mechanics, and force them to complete a 25 minute job in only 10 minutes, the chance of some kind of failure about the car will increase greatly. A reason, a player might want to get the mechanics to work quicker, while sacrificing potential reliability, obviously is the preservation of practice time, or the limitation of damage done to average lap-time for endurance races.

There should also be heavy penalties imposed on players for restarting sessions. This will disincentivise people from circumventing the system.

Also: Returning to the garage, should require you to DRIVE there (or walk, if you crashed the car), and go through the necessary shut-down procedures in the garage.

All of this, should be optional, of course.

:confused: This is exactly how it works already. I had a Lotus 49 race at Spa Historic the other day and engine wear was terribly high. So you either had to manage the engine or go for a stop to get it repaired. Some of my mates who came in late with a high percentage of engine wear stood there for minutes watching the yellow loading bar move like a snail..........

EDIT: Whoops! Sorry, I forgot about the [NO CHAT] in the headline for a minute. :o

Konan
21-03-2019, 17:48
Whoops! Sorry, I forgot about the [NO CHAT] in the headline for a minute.

No worries...moved :cool:

4dri3l
26-03-2019, 11:12
actual good anti-aliasing solution
The rear end of my car in cockpit camera, so when racing in vr my car would't be all lit inside as if it had a giant light bean just behind my back.

Zeratall
30-03-2019, 19:49
Probably in the minority here (but thought i'd voice my want anyways). While the physics in pcars 2 are quite good. The car chassis is modeled as a rigid body (All sims do currently), I'd love for pcars 3 to account for chassis stiffness implementing chassis torsion as no other sim currently does, think it'd be great chance for SMS to keep pushing the physics boundary.

Twinz
30-03-2019, 20:54
actual good anti-aliasing solution
The rear end of my car in cockpit camera, so when racing in vr my car would't be all lit inside as if it had a giant light bean just behind my back.

I think this is a settings thing. When I have detailed shadows at the lowest settings (off?), I get the effect you are describing. But when I turn up shadows, the cockpit lighting varies as I drive.

Sankyo
01-04-2019, 09:36
Probably in the minority here (but thought i'd voice my want anyways). While the physics in pcars 2 are quite good. The car chassis is modeled as a rigid body (All sims do currently), I'd love for pcars 3 to account for chassis stiffness implementing chassis torsion as no other sim currently does, think it'd be great chance for SMS to keep pushing the physics boundary.
For me the refinement of this rigid-body modeling would be a significant physics improvement as well. Including chassis torsion could first be done on calculation level only I think, without also showing it graphically. It would 'just' be a modification of the lateral mass transfer (I think...).

Also regarding collisions I think that the cars being mostly rigid bodies like billiard balls should be improved so that cars aren't bouncing around and being airlifted so easily when colliding.

Tank621
01-04-2019, 17:12
For me the refinement of this rigid-body modeling would be a significant physics improvement as well. Including chassis torsion could first be done on calculation level only I think, without also showing it graphically. It would 'just' be a modification of the lateral mass transfer (I think...).

Also regarding collisions I think that the cars being mostly rigid bodies like billiard balls should be improved so that cars aren't bouncing around and being airlifted so easily when colliding.

Aye I agree with that second point, I do find collisions to be a tad jarring. It almost feels like not enough force is dissipated through the body of the car and they then launch more than I'd expect.

Zeratall
01-04-2019, 18:13

I hadn't even thought of that for collisions thats actually a really good point.

Sankyo
02-04-2019, 07:29
Aye I agree with that second point, I do find collisions to be a tad jarring. It almost feels like not enough force is dissipated through the body of the car and they then launch more than I'd expect.
I know that there is some modelling of dissipating elements regarding collisions, but it doesn't cover the whole chassis, only parts of it. I think that the model could already be improved by applying some dissipation factor to collisions in general to compensate for the fully rigid collision models. That should then also prevent cars being easily scooped up by other cars (I know it happens in real life, too, but in-game it happens too easily IMHO that cars get lifted up when contacting other cars).

Back in the early days of pCARS 1 we had very convincing collision and damage modelling, but it had to be toned down because of licensing agreements/requirements. I wonder how much better we're allowed to make collision physics in the game given all the restrictions from manufacturers.

Polaris
05-04-2019, 10:30
I would like to see position lights on GT’s LMPS and DPIS and flag lights.

MrGold
05-04-2019, 19:59
A very big on for me would be consistency between content. Went to do an online race just for fun and by mistake chose the mercedes sls gt3 car insted of the amg gt3. I don't know how to say this butbI had zero grip, zero feeling of the car. It was like i was driving on ice. Increased camber and bit and it did help a bit but if I so much as touched a kerb i would be sent spraling into oblivion. That car is trash in this game. Maybe if I spend half an hour setting it up it will be half decent but i don't know. The ffb felt completely different than all the other cars. The AMG GT3 for comparison geels absolutely amazing.
This lack of grip wasn't just for show either since I was struggling to come within 6 seconds a lap of the midfield. It was like the car was weightless skating on ice.

So yeah, focus on improving consistency between cars. If i had this experience as my first i would've probably uninstaled project cars 2 without giving it a chance.

Zaskarspants
06-04-2019, 08:02
The cars in pcars2 feel different by design, like in the real world. No cars feel like driving on ice except when they are on ice, another fun thing you can try in pcars. I think your description above is ott...

MrGold
06-04-2019, 08:53
The cars in pcars2 feel different by design, like in the real world. No cars feel like driving on ice except when they are on ice, another fun thing you can try in pcars. I think your description above is ott...

Sure cars feel different and that is a good thing. What I meant was there was something wrong with that particular car. It doesn't feel or drive like a car. It feels like a weightless paper car driving on ice. You have zero grip and no feel for the car through the wheel. Maybe it can be tuned out with setup but as I said, if that had been my first experience I would've dropped the game. It is not the only car that feels wrong. The Formula 1 car is also bad. It is quite a contrast when you compare the IndyCar, which is one of the best Indycars in sim racing imho, that feels amazing to drive super responsive and is generally amazing (yes I am totally in love with that car) or the AMG GT3 or the Renault GT3 and the SLS GT3. No exaggeration here,they feel like 2 different games. It needs to be improved.

cpcdem
06-04-2019, 10:59
Variety is extremely good in this game, but I also think there are some cars that are simply bad. Some of the GT4 cars come directly into mind and some others (Formula C, one of the radicals etc), I think they are just wrong. But it's maybe 10 cars out of 200 or so, so not a problem really I think.

MrGold
06-04-2019, 12:01
Variety is extremely good in this game, but I also think there are some cars that are simply bad. Some of the GT4 cars come directly into mind and some others (Formula C, one of the radicals etc), I think they are just wrong. But it's maybe 10 cars out of 200 or so, so not a problem really I think.

Yeah. Overall game is great and some of those cars with slight setup changes (Formula C comes to mind) are actually decent. However, if someone just wants to try the game out and catches one of these lemons, I can understand why they would never pick up the game again.

Zaskarspants
06-04-2019, 13:47
Sure cars feel different and that is a good thing. What I meant was there was something wrong with that particular car. It doesn't feel or drive like a car. It feels like a weightless paper car driving on ice. You have zero grip and no feel for the car through the wheel. Maybe it can be tuned out with setup but as I said, if that had been my first experience I would've dropped the game. It is not the only car that feels wrong. The Formula 1 car is also bad. It is quite a contrast when you compare the IndyCar, which is one of the best Indycars in sim racing imho, that feels amazing to drive super responsive and is generally amazing (yes I am totally in love with that car) or the AMG GT3 or the Renault GT3 and the SLS GT3. No exaggeration here,they feel like 2 different games. It needs to be improved.

Which car feels ' like a wieghtless paper car driving on ice'. I just don't recognise that as applying to any car except when you are on ice.

cpcdem
06-04-2019, 13:54
Which car feels ' like a wieghtless paper car driving on ice'. I just don't recognise that as applying to any car except when you are on ice.

For me the BMW GT4 car and the Radical SR8-RX were two obvious such samples. Although I haven't driven them for a long time, don't remember if the last time was before the last patch and don't know if that improved them. Also the Formula C felt very wrong to me, at least in default setup.

Zaskarspants
06-04-2019, 14:15
For me the BMW GT4 car and the Radical SR8-RX were two obvious such samples. Although I haven't driven them for a long time, don't remember if the last time was before the last patch and don't know if that improved them. Also the Formula C felt very wrong to me, at least in default setup.

Yes I recall the discussions but this on ice talk is ridiculous. Lurches to hyperbole are not helpful to constructive discussion. As for formula c I never understood the more extreme criticism except befor one patch when he tyres were wonky, I think.

MrGold
06-04-2019, 14:42
Yes I recall the discussions but this on ice talk is ridiculous. Lurches to hyperbole are not helpful to constructive discussion. As for formula c I never understood the more extreme criticism except befor one patch when he tyres were wonky, I think.
It is not hyperbole. Take out the mercees SLS GT3 car and it feels exactly like driving on ice. So much so another guy on the server commented on how i had zero grip. To the point where corners you could take 4th gear on a 488 or a renault im that car with 2nd gear i was skidding all the time. Just like driving on ice. Will try again and see if it was just a bug or something but it felt LITERALLY like driving on ice.

rich1e I
06-04-2019, 14:58
It is not hyperbole. Take out the mercees SLS GT3 car and it feels exactly like driving on ice. So much so another guy on the server commented on how i had zero grip. To the point where corners you could take 4th gear on a 488 or a renault im that car with 2nd gear i was skidding all the time. Just like driving on ice. Will try again and see if it was just a bug or something but it felt LITERALLY like driving on ice.

I tried the SLS a few times and it was ok. No ice, no sliding. What were track temps? Tyre compound? You guys on PC very often are reporting issues i've never experienced, and I think many issues must be hardware and performance related, to the point of me abandoning the idea of switching to from console to PC because it's a LOT of fiddling here and there. Not sure if it's worth it just to be able to play other simulation games.

MrGold
06-04-2019, 15:07
I tried the SLS a few times and it was ok. No ice, no sliding. What were track temps? Tyre compound? You guys on PC very often are reporting issues i've never experienced, and I think many issues must be hardware and performance related, to the point of me abandoning the idea of switching to from console to PC because it's a LOT of fiddling here and there. Not sure if it's worth it just to be able to play other simulation games.

On the other hand, I am using a custom ffb file on pcars2 that makes the game even better. Compound was slick softs. Dunno track tenperature but no one else on the server was having issues.

PC is worth it. Without a PC for instance you can't get access to the best f1 car in sim racing ever (the rss f1 2019). You generally don't need to fiddle a lot. hence my comment that if that had been my first experience in pcars 2 I qould've probably nevr bought the game. Instead my first so was an lmp2 car (ligier Nissan) in a 45 min Le Mans race with 30x time compression where a thunderstorm happened. That was truly an amazing combo.

Cristi
06-04-2019, 15:27
Custom race builder. Allows you to choose the cars taking part (either choosing an entire class, or choosing individual vehicles) and the number of vehicles. Allows you to change the race structure, adding as many practice and qualifying sessions as you want (up to a limit, i suppose). A maximum race length of 24h. Needs to support multiplayer. Would be easy to also extend this to a championship builder, where you describe the individual race structure, then choose the tracks. If we're going up to 24h races, should allow people to be in teams, where they can take turns controlling an individual car.

There is no game that currently supports this, as far as i know. Even if we throw out the multiplayer bit, it would still be unique, and would allow players to recreate any racing event out there.

Gregz0r
06-04-2019, 15:34
It is not hyperbole. Take out the mercees SLS GT3 car and it feels exactly like driving on ice. So much so another guy on the server commented on how i had zero grip. To the point where corners you could take 4th gear on a 488 or a renault im that car with 2nd gear i was skidding all the time. Just like driving on ice. Will try again and see if it was just a bug or something but it felt LITERALLY like driving on ice.I had this issue a few days ago.
Racing at Mugello, nothing I did setup-wise fixed the issues. Corners taken in 3rd, I had to take in 2nd, just to get the car rotated.
I jumped in to the Porsche 911 GT3 and it felt like a hack, so good was the default handling.

Gregz0r
06-04-2019, 15:40
Custom offline grids and championships, with the ability to rename the a.i drivers, per car skin.

Cristi
06-04-2019, 15:41
Come to think of it, also a more robust API, putting out more variables.

cpcdem
06-04-2019, 17:17
Compound was slick softs. Dunno track tenperature but no one else on the server was having issues.

That's probably because they didn't use soft tires :). Softs are for cold track temps only, if you use them in normal temps, they will quickly overheat and cause exactly that feeling, driving on ice. Put hards on and you should be fine, unless it is a cold track (<20C).

Btw, a lot of real race drivers describe the behavior of their car as "driving on ice" when it does not have the grip they expect, so it is a realistic term actually :)

MrGold
06-04-2019, 18:08
That's probably because they didn't use soft tires :). Softs are for cold track temps only, if you use them in normal temps, they will quickly overheat and cause exactly that feeling, driving on ice. Put hards on and you should be fine, unless it is a cold track (<20C).

Btw, a lot of real race drivers describe the behavior of their car as "driving on ice" when it does not have the grip they expect, so it is a realistic term actually :)

Not quite. Softs were better than hards here. Difference would be erosion but they were up to temp so they should have the grip. This was clearly abnormal behaviour so I am going to try the car again and see if the same happens. As I said, quite different to other cars who are just bad or meh like the formula 1 or the formula C.

Xx-Rickdj82-Xx
07-04-2019, 07:55
Please let the host be in charge of the lobby, not being able to vote to kick has ruined online lobbies

faranhor
17-04-2019, 13:05
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, search didn't reveal it but:

Pre-warmed tires for Private Practice at least. What is the point of getting COLD tires when pitting in Practice? Why must we spend 5-10 laps to warm tires just to see if a minor setup change is positive/negative? Tires are pre-warmed on tracks that are A-B or no pits such as Norschleife or Azure Coast, but setting up cars on these tracks seldom translates to a good setup on circuit. I understand there are ways to get around this, but it's not intuitive for all players and we shoudn't have to "cheat" the game to get this basic thing down right. Things are not made better by the fact that the tire pressure increases to no end while in the menu screen. Also, no way to tell what the final pressures will be by making changes in the setup screen, this should take into account track conditions and give an approximation, then fine tuning would be up to the user based on experience and driving a few laps. I understand starting with cold tires during Race Practice / Qualifying is preferred for realism, however in Private Practice, we need an option to avoid this.

Usable suspension setup by default: none of the current cars are any close to critical damping. The damper setups are horrible by default and there is NO tools in the game to make things better without knowing in-depth mechanics.

DYNO: Seconding any mention to this. I mean... Need For Speed Underground 2 had it, and that was eons ago in PC gaming. What gives?

Private Practice: ability to either turn off penalties or choose how they get applied. A minor mistake on shorter tracks will invalidate lap time for current AND next lap. Why? Give me a slow-down penalty and let me continue racing.

Radiator and break duct openings: these default values for ALL cars make ZERO sense to me. Why would a Formula type car and a GT4 have exactly the same rad/duct openings?

In-game telemetry analysis post-lap with lap-to-lap comparison: I know there's a healthy ecosystem of third-party apps but this shouldn't be the case. The game should tell me everything I need to know about my driving. It provides telemetry, so it follows it should also display it in a way we can use it while NOT driving. Dunno about everyone else but when I'm hooning I don't have time to focus on what my rear right spring is doing.

Online: ability to show only human-player names on cars, instead of ALL or NOTHING.

cluck
17-04-2019, 14:07
^^^ re. radiator, brake duct and a few other settings in car setups, these are %ages of the maximum for that vehicle, they are not "absolute" numbers. As such, 50% radiator on one car won't equate to the same opening on another, it is simply 50% of the maximum radiator opening :)

PostBox981
18-04-2019, 04:35
Pre-warmed tires for Private Practice at least. What is the point of getting COLD tires when pitting in Practice? Why must we spend 5-10 laps to warm tires just to see if a minor setup change is positive/negative? Tires are pre-warmed on tracks that are A-B or no pits such as Norschleife or Azure Coast, but setting up cars on these tracks seldom translates to a good setup on circuit. I understand there are ways to get around this, but it's not intuitive for all players and we shoudn't have to "cheat" the game to get this basic thing down right. Things are not made better by the fact that the tire pressure increases to no end while in the menu screen. Also, no way to tell what the final pressures will be by making changes in the setup screen, this should take into account track conditions and give an approximation, then fine tuning would be up to the user based on experience and driving a few laps. I understand starting with cold tires during Race Practice / Qualifying is preferred for realism, however in Private Practice, we need an option to avoid this.

Couldn´t disgaree more. I use private practice a lot for race preparation. And as in a race I hate surprises I don´t want it to work any other way as it is now. Heating up tyres and finding the correct race tyre pressure for me is part of the game. If you are capable to do it better than your opponents - there you are.

PawelK
19-04-2019, 04:54
I'd like online races NOT to crash. I just was in a really goodrace, a public GT3 race but surprisingly good in terms of driver's behavior (which public GT3 races usually are not), and in lap 6 or 7 out of 9 it just crashed, everyone was kicked to the lobby and everyone lost points. Interestingly, my HUD display remained on even in the lobby and all game menus, but only in my VR headset not on screen. So SMS please fix whatever causes such crashes.

Asturbo
19-04-2019, 08:28
About the online, there are some new features introduced in PC2 that hasn't the desired effect. Most of them, not for it's not working properly, but for other things that makes that this feature doesn't work as designed. I.E. we have now a reputation system, but I've checked yesterday, and from 144 lobbies, only 51 has reputation enabled. And most of them has set the reputation filter to U100. Or weather conditions, in 99% of the lobbies weather is always clear, not taking advantage of all the qualities of Livetrack and weather system. So they are not working as intended and it's disappointing because there was a hard effort to introduce in the game. In the next lines, I analice some of this functions and why I think it's not beeing used in online.

Livetrack & Weather

Situation: No lobbies with weather different to clear. It’s sad because SMS did a hard job to implement that features, but they are being ignored by users.

Reasons:

Real Weather doesn’t work and Random always get extreme scenarios.
Weather change makes you pit, and when you pit could get wrong tyres, busy pit or whatever that ruins your race.
Track flooding too fast even with light rain and poodle’s physics exaggerated.

Solutions:

Repair real weather and make a random weather more logical.
Improve poodle’s physics.
Make pit stops more reliable.
Redesign strategies to make it easier and confident.

Online reputation & Damage

Situation: In PC2 was introduced the online reputation. But it hasn’t the expected result because most lobbies reputation is disabled or U100, so isn’t being used for it was designed (filtering players).

Reasons:

Rammers ruins online experience and host can’t kick them, so it’s easy that they could make your reputation decrease. Then people prefer unranked lobbies.
Rewards for doing well are too low.
Disconnection penalty is too hard, so people preffer disabling REP to avoid loosing points by disconnections (very usual).
In most lobbies damage is disabled, probably to prevent people get race ruined by rammers. But that makes they can hit everyone during all the race because they don’t destruct their car.
High ranked players don’t want to compromise his ranking in random lobbies where disconnection or rammers could reduce his reputation.
High ranked players don't want to play with low ranked ones. No options to improve and if something goes wrong, they loose a lot of points.

Solutions:

Allow host kick rammers to keep lobbies clean, so reputation will be fair. That would help to reenable reputation and damage.
Increase point rewards and reduce penalties for disconnections. That would help to retore reputation and we will have more differences between player's REP.
Force public lobbies reputation and damage always on, keeping the option of disabling it only for private and password lobbies.

Penalty System

Situation: Live penalties (slowdowns) are ignored and people prefer receiving time penalty. We ussually see in the final standings, many time penalties, because players ignore slowdowns. Also many lobbies decided to disabled the live penalty system and online reputation.

Reasons:

The time loss to accomplishing a penalty is too high.
Time penalty for ignoring penalties is lower than time loose for accomplishing it.
You don’t know how much you have to slow and the time you have to do it.
Many times, penalties disappear without reason, so it's prefered ignoring slowdowns and wait see.
With launched start you could receive penalties before you take control of the car.
Unfair penalties received by i.e. overtaking incidented cars.

Solutions:

Introduce a penalty system HUD: time you have to loose, time you have to do the slow down, and time left to accomplish.
Penalties according with the unfair advantage taken by the infraction.
Don’t penalize when loosing time or avoiding damaged cars.
Penalties must not disappear in next turn without doing anything.
Strike system, with 2 warnings before penalty for light violations (as IRL).

As commented, the impossibility of kick rammers is in the center of many of these problems, and it's seriously damaging the online of PC2. Yes we can't play in private leagues, but it's not an option for casual players.

cpcdem
19-04-2019, 11:23
Nice list Asturbo, just to add a couple under the license thing:

- Please allow us to enable only the safety part for online races and disable the skill rating if we want. This way we can keep trolls out, require a certain racecraft level etc, without having people not join (or leave after quali if they see they are not the fastest) due to being afraid of losing their points.
- Make it acquiring an "S" license waaaay more difficult than it is now. As it stands, if you now get an "F" (so you do have even basic skill to race without crashing everyone), then it is only a matter f time to get to S. This has the result that even drivers who consistently "push to pass" a few times in order to overtake in every race, still get an S after a big enough amount of races. IMO it should be much more difficult to get E, than it is to get F, same for D etc.
- Do not make points distribution so unbalanced. Right now, new players are given a hug boost, so a new player with skill can easily reach to 1800, 1900, 2000 points or more by winning several races, no matter if they lose some as well. But after a while, their "seniority" increases, they start losing points, and that's when they stop racing (or only join unrated lobbies), to maintain their points. I know, it is pathetic, but happens over and over the time again.

PostBox981
19-04-2019, 12:39
As for the use of Online Reputation System, I think there is another reason why people often use U100: As long as it is a non-GT3 race it is a hard task to get a full grid. So hosts go for U100 because they don´t want to exclude any people willing to join. Not sure what the solution could look like - it most likely is a question of popularity pf PC2´s multiplayer. A while ago I hoped that the non-GT3 cars would become more popular after a while when people find out how awesome they are - but that never happened. :(

Asturbo
19-04-2019, 15:47
Nice list Asturbo
Remember that the full list is here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?66183-NO-CHAT-Project-CARS-3-Wishlist-amp-Ideas&p=1561982&viewfull=1#post1561982). Previous post are some thoughts on why I think some of these features aren't working as planned.

- Please allow us to enable only the safety part for online races and disable the skill rating if we want. This way we can keep trolls out, require a certain racecraft level etc, without having people not join (or leave after quali if they see they are not the fastest) due to being afraid of losing their points.
Agree, but we can set the filter to B100 (but no one does). We don't care of slow drivers if they are clean. They usually don't cause problems and they must not be afraid of losing performance rating if we don't use that to filter them.

- Make it acquiring an "S" license waaaay more difficult than it is now. As it stands, if you now get an "F" (so you do have even basic skill to race without crashing everyone), then it is only a matter f time to get to S. This has the result that even drivers who consistently "push to pass" a few times in order to overtake in every race, still get an S after a big enough amount of races. IMO it should be much more difficult to get E, than it is to get F, same for D etc.
Agree again. I've compete with "S" players that don't deserver that status. Soo it's to easy to get it, and too easy to mantain. A clean driver is "S", but not all "S" are clean drivers, so high letter now, doesn´t guarrantie clean races as it's supposed to be.

- Do not make points distribution so unbalanced. Right now, new players are given a hug boost, so a new player with skill can easily reach to 1800, 1900, 2000 points or more by winning several races, no matter if they lose some as well. But after a while, their "seniority" increases, they start losing points, and that's when they stop racing (or only join unrated lobbies), to maintain their points. I know, it is pathetic, but happens over and over the time again.
Yes that's happening because 95% of the players are in the 1400-1700 interval. With two disconnections you are in the low part of the interval and you need a good amount of good results to recover your previous level. In chess with a similar ELO system, best players are arround 3000 points. A good player is about 1200, and that gap represents the difference between players. In PC2 represents more, the number of recent disconnections, than driving performance.

As long as it is a non-GT3 race it is a hard task to get a full grid. So hosts go for U100 because they don´t want to exclude any people willing to join. Not sure what the solution could look like - it most likely is a question of popularity pf PC2´s multiplayer. A while ago I hoped that the non-GT3 cars would become more popular after a while when people find out how awesome they are - but that never happened. :(
True. You only can filter with GT3 cars in Monza or Spa. If you select another combo, your lobbie will be empty. And that's sad because there many funny cars, that are raraely seen in online. With other cars, setups has a huge impact in lap times, and people don't wan't to log that sessions, because they don't have setups and they'll loose points.

Other thing that happened in PC2 is that DLC's circuits and cars can't be used if you don't own the DLC. In PC1 was different because you can join session even without the DLC, and that sessions was very populated of people that don't own it. From SMS POV it's reasonable to think that if they want to use it, have to pay, but the result is different because now in PC2, there aren't lobbies with DLC cars or tracks.

I'll bought anyway DLCs for PC3 if avaliable, but a "normal online player" probably decide not buying DLCs because he can't use it in online. So users that don't support DLCs, will remain with his politic, and other disposed to do it, will rethink about spending money in cars/tracks they can't use in online. I think this question needs some rethink in SMS.

David Wright
19-04-2019, 16:06
You could argue that letting someone race a track or car they are not familiar with is not a good idea on-line.

When the Le Mans DLC came out, many streamers ran races with subs on the vintage track and there didn't seem to be a shortage of people racing.

TBH, vintage Le Mans and Mugello are the only DLC tracks with broad appeal and given the lack of popularity of older cars its perhaps not surprising the LM track doesn't feature online much.

Asturbo
19-04-2019, 16:22
Yes, but that DLC lobbies in PC1 was always very populated. Yesterday I tried to find any in PC2, and I could't. Even more, I've never raced online in Mugelo.

From the experience in my comunity, in PC1 we race in DLC circuits. The DS was live all the week with the combo of the week's race, and people can practice (with or without DLC) for the race. Finally most of them bought the DLCs to use time trials and private races, but no one was excluded from the races and we used the whole DLC content (most finally paying for it).

In PC2, 20 of 40 players of my comunity owns the DLCs. But how we can't exclude "non DLC players" of the comunity, we have to race only with original content. So no more DLC was sold, and many people who originaly bought seasson pass, would not have done it if they know he can't use it. For PC3 probably only most fanatic players will get the DLC (me included), compared with 70% that finally bought it for PC1. So this politics could reduce DLC sells instead incresing it, specially for online players.

cpcdem
19-04-2019, 19:45
Agree, but we can set the filter to B100 (but no one does). We don't care of slow drivers if they are clean. They usually don't cause problems and they must not be afraid of losing performance rating if we don't use that to filter them.

Yes, but still a B100 will make people win or lose points, and many are afraid of losing them. A Simple "B" lobby would make sure crashers will not join it, and will also not prevent people from joining, fearing of losing points.

True. You only can filter with GT3 cars in Monza or Spa. If you select another combo, your lobbie will be empty. And that's sad because there many funny cars, that are raraely seen in online. With other cars, setups has a huge impact in lap times, and people don't wan't to log that sessions, because they don't have setups and they'll loose points.

Heh, maybe fist time I disagree with you on something :). I think there are indeed a few cars that need setup adjustments to be competitive with them, but for the wide majority of cars I do not think setup make a big difference (less than a second per lap in my experience). On which cars do you feel that setup has a huge impact?

Asturbo
19-04-2019, 21:37
Don't worry, we don't disagree at all. A good setup could give you 1 second, no more. Only in some specific tracks could make more difference.

But yesterday in a race with Ford V8 in Mount Panorama, two guys made times 3" faster that the rest of the pace in qualifing session. The rest of us from 3th to 8th of 16 in total, were in the same second and 3 seconds behind them. Someone asked in the chat if they have setups, and when they confirmed, other hi ranked players left the lobby for not loosing points (I can't understand).

In another race in Snetterton some drivers made 30" faster times in qualy that the rest. It was obviously some hack I don't know (perhaps a sortcut somewhere), but we all left the server. I can live with engenieers that takes advantage of developing good setups, but not with cheaters.

Edit: I have to correct myself, because yesterday I captured that strange qualifing results in Snetterton. Now I searched for it, and by the names (yesterday I don't pay attention to this), I see that are AI players. Looks the problem is that it's registering only first sector times (very poor times indeed), as whole lap times. So no human cheaters, but a probable bug:

The other lobby in Mount Panorama, they was real players because answered in the chat box :)

cpcdem
19-04-2019, 23:47
Well, it made sense being ridiculously fast anyway, since the guy in first was Ben Collins :)

Seriously though, 3 seconds faster than everybody else especially in a track like Bathrust is not that extreme, I am sure some very fast people (with a lot of experience with those cars) can do it even with default setups. I think also in the SMS-R qualifiers, in one of the tracks you were yourself 2-3 seconds of the pace in the beginning, but after a lot of practice you almost made it to the finals (well, actually you DID make it!).

OK, to be honest I have never driven those cars, so I have no idea, maybe there does indeed exist a good setup trick with them. Also looking at time trial, I see that indeed the first default time is 3 seconds slower than the top time. Guess it makes sense to try the setups of the top entries in TT and see if they really make such a difference.

Asturbo
20-04-2019, 08:24
I think also in the SMS-R qualifiers, in one of the tracks you were yourself 2-3 seconds of the pace in the beginning, but after a lot of practice you almost made it to the finals (well, actually you DID make it!).
No doubt that practice makes more difference than a good setup. As you've said in SMR-R I finally achieve times that I would think are impossible for me after 1 hour of practice. With many hours you could get that impossible times. The V8 is a nice car but very delicated in the downhill of Barthust. Other cars that setups affects more, are open wheels (from Formula Renault), and all the LMPs. Probably that makes that are not very used in online.

Cholton82
20-04-2019, 08:30
I’m like a broken record with this request but hopefully some others feel the same and there is a chance of it making the game. More ai action / mistakes / spins / lockup’s and failures . I’m talking a small percentage here as we don’t want only a handful to finish cleanly but it’s a little sterile at times.

Also a proper working flag system with slow zones and full caution yellows , this would go hand in hand with the the above request.

Please don’t overlook this SMS , part of racing is about managing these periods and negotiating accidents.

David Wright
20-04-2019, 09:27
For PC3 probably only most fanatic players will get the DLC (me included), compared with 70% that finally bought it for PC1. So this politics could reduce DLC sells instead incresing it, specially for online players.

I am curious how console titles such as Forza and GT handle this. Do they have tracks in DLC or just cars? On PC I know in AC, R3E, rF2, and iRacing, they do not allow you to race on tracks you do not own.

Tank621
20-04-2019, 09:30
I am curious how other titles such as Forza and GT handle this. On PC I know in AC, R3E, rF2, and iRacing do not allow you to race on tracks you do not own.

Forza does not either

SB83
20-04-2019, 15:11
Proper stick shift modeling. It's unrealistic to be able to use a stick shift and go from 5th to 1st in a GT3 car. It should only be possible in cars that support it in real life.

cpcdem
20-04-2019, 15:18
Proper stick shift modeling. It's unrealistic to be able to use a stick shift and go from 5th to 1st in a GT3 car. It should only be possible in cars that support it in real life.

You can't go directly from 5th to 1st though. If you try to do that, the game will (slowly) downshift gears one by one from 5th to 1st, it will take more time doing that than normally using the paddles to do the downshifts.

PawelK
20-04-2019, 16:06
Unfair penalties received by i.e. overtaking incidented cars.

Don’t penalize when loosing time or avoiding damaged cars.

TRU DAT! Just yesterday I had to give "back" a position to a car that crashed and was rejoining with no regard for oncoming traffic and I had to pass them on the shoulder. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBiAaHLg_Go

Not sure how kicking rammers would work, they should be kicked right after they ram someone, and most of the time others (including the host) are busy racing at the time, the host may have not seen the incident unless he/she was involved in it.