PDA

View Full Version : Playseat® SMS-R Series Challenger

Asturbo
18-02-2019, 21:58
Nice first qualifing session Playseat® SMS-R Series Challenger (http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard/event?event=1526). I'm very surprised to see more than 800 players on this event (http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard/event?event=1526), with incredible fast times.

Some thoughts that I want to share with you:

I didn't expect so many players. Probably awards helps, but it's a good move to keep comunity alive. I encorage organizer to continue in the future with more events like this.
In the top of the list, only 3 of the 15 fastest players uses in-car camera. It's very extrange because in-car camera players are most, but the top of the list are players with external camera.
With this car and circuit, I've seen than stable setup was slightly faster than loose. I could improve my times about 0.5 seconds after changing to stable setups, but too late for me because I discovered in the last minute.

I don't know if fastest players uses external camera, or external camera for some reason makes you faster, but I'm intrigued. I don't know the camera they are using, probably bonnet camera. Also I recomend you to try both default setups for next event, because that could make some differences and loose isn't necesarely the fastest, as I thought. I'll try yo test both things for the next event and post my impressions for if it helps someone.

You can post your comments in this thread.

Next combo now active, is Red Bull Ring GP with same car. Good luck!

cpcdem
19-02-2019, 01:38
Yeah, nice to see many players! External camera is slightly faster, because you can see more of the road. Not bumper camera though, they (and I, for TT) use bonnet or roof, although I would not be very surprised if some people even use the chase camera!

SRI Bricco
19-02-2019, 10:52
Hi, I'm one of the three qualified who used the inside view. In my opinion with the external view you have no advantage, it's just a matter of habit and points of reference. Good luck for next qualify rounds, I hope we will see at the shootout in algarve.

Asturbo
19-02-2019, 11:12
As one of the fastest in the list, could you confirm if you've used stable setups for your lap?

SRI Bricco
19-02-2019, 11:13
Stable setup confirmed but times are very close between two setups

Asturbo
19-02-2019, 11:15
Thanks. It will be interesting in the next track (a very fast one), if it happens the same.

Invincible
19-02-2019, 12:29
Many of those listed as "external" cam use the bonnet cam, which should be in a separate category. External should only be bumper cam or behind the car.

David Wright
19-02-2019, 12:53
With external cams being central, they may help judge track cutting better as, in theory at least, you have to keep the centre of the car inside the outer edge of the kerb.

Roel de Meulder
19-02-2019, 20:17
Lovely competition, I was blown away by the speed of the top guys. In my opinion FWD is easy-mode for both drivers and car designers, my mistakes were much safer than the ones I would have made in an RWD car. But it doesn't take away from the racing in the end.
I don't think stable would have helped me though, I never got the back end out.

My preference in pCARS2 is bonnet cam at 90 degree FoV in my current setup. It seems like other people got that to work as well. Everyone has a different screen, they should be able to set a FoV that fits that setting.

cpcdem
20-02-2019, 22:08
Got 16th place so far, with 5 of the guys above having already qualified from the previous round. With a lap just a couple tenths faster I think I should probably be in at the end, but how to find this extra time...So near but yet so far!

Konan
21-02-2019, 10:40
Watch the track guide for Qualifying Round 2 in the Playseat® SMS-R Series. Courtesy of @Yorkie065. Drivers: Please don't forget to also register at https://t.co/tbXpDvrhd7 to be eligible to progress beyond the qualifying stage of the tournament. https://t.co/oT8DwZvQ7j

De Tweet bekijken van @projectcarsgame: https://twitter.com/projectcarsgame/status/1098204351401807873?s=09

Asturbo
24-02-2019, 22:18
I made mid 36s at 1 second of the leaders. It could be possible for me gain another 0.2, but never 1 second to be with them.

I don't know if it could be a placebo effect, but I think that with manual clutch I'm a little bit faster (but not using the pedal to shift). It not makes sense because this car has semiauto gearbox, but I improved with this "hack".

cpcdem
24-02-2019, 22:43
I don't know if it could be a placebo effect, but I think that with manual clutch I'm a little bit faster. It not makes sense because this car has semiauto gearbox but I improved with this "hack".

Yes, it is faster (most cars) if you disable autoclutch in PCARS2, that includes cars that have a sequential gearbox, like GT3s, GTEs and Touring Cars. The difference is around 2-3 tenths per lap, gained through the upshifts, which happen faster this way.

cpcdem
25-02-2019, 05:07
Yes, it is faster (most cars) if you disable autoclutch in PCARS2, that includes cars that have a sequential gearbox, like GT3s, GTEs and Touring Cars. The difference is around 2-3 tenths per lap, gained through the upshifts, which happen faster this way.

Oh God, it gets better! A very kind and extremely fast soul just told me that he is using the clutch while cornering in order to keep the revs high and so have a better exit speed. In cars with sequential gearbox, and he says it works great in this sim...!!! I did not try this myself and never will, I refuse to use things like that.

Asturbo
25-02-2019, 06:52
I know it happens with manual gearboxes, but I thought that has no effect with auto gearboxes where you don't have to use clutch to shift.

Oh God, it gets better! A very kind and extremely fast soul just told me that he is using the clutch while cornering in order to keep the revs high and so have a better exit speed. In cars with sequential gearbox, and he says it works great in this sim...!!! I did not try this myself and never will, I refuse to use things like that.
That expains how fast are some guys are on corner exit.

cpcdem
25-02-2019, 13:44
I know it happens with manual gearboxes, but I thought that has no effect with auto gearboxes where you don't have to use clutch to shift.

In reality of course it does not have any effect. In the sim, it has.

Not only that, of course it is also talent and better coordination than ours. But now that I learned this, I lost all my motivation to practice to get better and better as I've been doing for two years now. Way too many unrealistic exploits need to be used...

cluck
25-02-2019, 15:55
...I lost all my motivation to practice to get better and better as I've been doing for two years nowDon't let this do that to you. With any competition there will always be people exploiting (for want of a better word) every possible advantage within a system to gain an edge on their opponents. No matter what the game, as soon as money or other prizes are involved, some people will play by what they see as an immovable set of rules, others see those exact same rules as "negotiable". If you are wanting to actually compete in this arena, rather than simply take part, you are either going to have to find all these little advantages and use them to your own advantage or do the best you can within your own set of rules and be proud of it. Believe me, there are few things sweeter than being near the top of the pile when you are playing by the spirit of the rules :).

cpcdem
25-02-2019, 16:20
Thanks cluck, I agree, it feels nice being near the top, with what I consider as "normal". Although of course what one person perceives as "normal" may be already way over the line of another's, or way before their line :).

But I am not blaming people using this particular technique, it is a valid one for certain cars, although definitely not for cars like GT3s and Touring Cars. I imagine they use that even for LMPs... But not their fault, they know how to do that in other cars, so they apply it here, it's natural for them. IMO it's the game (since it is a sim...) that should had made sure that you cannot drive LMP1 cars like 70s rally cars, the clutch should be having no effect whatsoever in GT3s, TCs, LMPs etc, apart from the race start.

Once you leave open exploits like that, people will of course use them, and nobody can really tell them that they are doing things "beyond what the devs intended". Because if they intended to make it realistic, they would had simply made this clutch usage obsolete in those classes...

Asturbo
25-02-2019, 16:23
Agree with cluck.

It happens IRL with all team looking for holes in the rules to take advantage (burningin oil in F1 i.e.). The important thing is that we must try to discover all that little hacks to have a competition as equitative as possible. Then everyone can decide if using or not.

Other thing about this combo, I've seen that the outrack limits of last turn are more relaxed than usual. You can cut in the apex more than any other turn, and you can go wider also on the exit. I prefer this way that other turns that are too much restrictive.

Edit:
IMO it's the game (since it is a sim...) that should had made sure that you cannot drive LMP1 cars like 70s rally cars, the clutch should be having no effect whatsoever in GT3s, TCs, LMPs etc, apart from the race start.
Agree with that. Manual clutch should't give any advantage in cars with no clutch.

cpcdem
25-02-2019, 16:33
Agree with cluck.

It happens IRL with all team looking for holes in the rules to take advantage. The important thing is that we must try to discover all that little hacks to have a competition as equitative as possible. Then everyone has to decide if using or not.

Exactly what I was about to say! Yes, I think all possible exploits should be known to everybody. This way not only everyone can decide if they want to use them or not, but also the devs can decide if they want to close those holes or not. I have been mentioning the manual clutch = faster thing often here. Also that closed brake ducts do not offer more speed, things like that.

I.E. I've seen that the outrack limits of last turn are more relaxed than usual. You can cut in the apex more than any other turn, and you can go wider also at the exit.

It's most corners in Red Bull Ring, the limits are way more lenient than any other track. First corner, second corner, last two corners. But it is one of the very few tracks where you can enjoy great racing similar to real life because of that, SMS please do not change this!

Asturbo
25-02-2019, 16:39
It's most corners in Red Bull Ring, the limits are way more lenient than any other track. First corner, second corner, last two corners. But it is one of the very few tracks where you can enjoy great racing similar to real life because of that, SMS please do not change this!
Yes I comment it as a good point, not as a thing to fix. I'd preffer that all circuits works like this one.

Asturbo
26-02-2019, 10:39
I've read that it will be an overall standings for this competiion, but I can't find it anywhere.

I took the average position of first two events and looks that the first places are very consolidated.

(only players with 2 results)

Asturbo
26-02-2019, 14:04
One clarification I've received by PM:

The top 8 of each of the Qualifying Rounds, progress to the Shootout race.

I don't know what happens when in the second round some of the firts 8 are already qualified in previous round. May be scroll-down in the list to complete 8 players in each round, but not sure. In example, in the second round of the competition, 6 of the first 8 qualifiers, have already access to the shootout race from the first round results.

Also remember that you’ve registered your details at the pCARS.games/challenger19 to be elegible.

Project CARS Esports
26-02-2019, 14:42
One clarification I've received by PM:

The top 8 of each of the Qualifying Rounds, progress to the Shootout race.

I don't know what happens when in the second round some of the firts 8 are already qualified in previous round. May be scroll-down in the list to complete 8 players in each round, but not sure. In example, in the second round of the competition, 6 of the first 8 qualifiers, have already access to the shootout race from the first round results.

Also remember that you’ve registered your details at the pCARS.games/challenger19 to be elegible.

Yep. This is correct. The top 8 in each Qualifying Round go straight through to the Challenger Shootout race which will take place later in March. Then the top 10 in that race will go through into the main tournament.

If there are repeat drivers in the top 8 from one Qualifying Round to the next, then the organisers will scroll down the list to find the next new drivers.

Successful drivers will be contacted with more information about the Shootout race after the final Qualifying Round has finished.

The rules are explained on the terms & conditions page (https://www.projectcarsesports.com/smsr2019terms.html).

Dameyon
27-02-2019, 02:20

This is interesting, I haven't tried it myself but I was doing 1:35.8s consistently and a few times I was up on my time but messed up. Checking my sector times from various runs if I got them all done together I would say it would be possible for me to have taken .2/3 off.. So I wouldn't necessarily say that's why some guys get a better exit. Although I don't think so, I wouldn't swear for anyone because on visiting the backend server I can see the site shows steering assist on for some individuals which is worrying.

Dameyon
27-02-2019, 02:38
would that be an error on the backend?

Asturbo
27-02-2019, 06:49
on visiting the backend server I can see the site shows steering assist on for some individuals which is worrying.
Yes I have seen too. 2 of the fastest 4 places in last round, used it. Don't know if it helps, but I'm not going to use it, when I never used before. I think that this option should be disabled in the competition, as the driving line.

Project CARS Esports
27-02-2019, 09:11
Yes I have seen too. 2 of the fastest 4 places in last round used it. Don't know if it helps, but I'm not going to use it, when I never used before. I think that this option should be disabled in the competition, as the driving line.

That is likely an error as it is not the fastest way to drive in the game. We'll keep an eye on it though.

It will definitely be forced off when we reach the main series of races, beginning with the Challenger Shootout.

Dameyon
27-02-2019, 11:19
Hi, I'm one of the three qualified who used the inside view. In my opinion with the external view you have no advantage, it's just a matter of habit and points of reference. Good luck for next qualify rounds, I hope we will see at the shootout in algarve.

Although I agree that good technique and proper use of reference points remain the same despite the view, using some external cam views such as the chase cam can give a slight advantage in that the field of view is a lot wider and the driver can see a lot further ahead. This slows things down quite a bit for an individual making it easier to react to all the information on track. Using cockpit cam the correct thing to do would be to focus on the apex while depending on peripheral vision to pick up references such as braking and turn-in points. Using chase cam this is easier, you can even see the exit for some corners that are meant to be blind lol but on the other hand chase cam feels weird and disconnected but that's only for me but that in itself is enough disadvantage to maybe balance it out I guess lol. I do understand however that there are some people who can not play in cockpit mode because it makes them literally sick so for that reason I don't see anything wrong with anyone using it. Whatever makes you comfortable, to be fair it still takes skill and a level of commitment to be fast no matter which camera view is used.

cpcdem
27-02-2019, 15:32
That is likely an error as it is not the fastest way to drive in the game. We'll keep an eye on it though.

There has been a discussion here about it some time ago, some of the fastest people in the game are using it, in community events, in time trial and mostly in their league races. Maybe it does not make much of a difference for one lap time, but it helps with consistency. Also I do not think the game has an option to enforce to turn this off, or am I wrong?

Asturbo
27-02-2019, 15:42
Also I do not think the game has an option to enforce to turn this off, or am I wrong?
Yes, I think it's considered a personal setting, not a driving help, because I don't remember any option in the online lobby setup about this.

Dameyon
27-02-2019, 19:07
In any case it's cause for concern. The description for the setting states that it automatically ensures there is enough steering input to make it around "any" corner, while ensuring that the driver retains control of the car's steering. It definitely needs to be looked at.

cpcdem
27-02-2019, 23:22
In any case it's cause for concern. The description for the setting states that it automatically ensures there is enough steering input to make it around "any" corner, while ensuring that the driver retains control of the car's steering. It definitely needs to be looked at.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?63970-Steering-Assist-Clear-Advantage&highlight=steering+assist

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?65088-Steering-Assistance-in-TT&highlight=steering+assist

Project CARS Esports
28-02-2019, 08:07
As mentioned yesterday, we'll monitor this over the course of the competition. In Qualifying Round 3, only 2 drivers in the current top 50 have the box for this checked on the leaderboard. If you wish to provide any further comments on this towards our dev team, please use one of the threads linked above by cpcdem.

Asturbo
03-03-2019, 14:23
Many people is asking about who is qualified. I took the 3 rounds and discounted those who was already qualified in previous ones:

Notes:

This is an unofficial list (it's my fate).
Drivers in green of two first rounds are supposedly classified.
The 3th round has not finished. Provisional times from Sunday 15:00
Don't know if in the list are any Pro drivers that already have place. That's why I post 4 more drivers in each round (in red).
May be there are also players who make time but didn't inscribed, so are not elegible for the Challenge.

Cut time Round 3 Sun at 16:00 : 1:24:040
Livetiming: http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard/event?event=1528

Project CARS Esports
03-03-2019, 16:20
Yep, the above is mostly accurate so far, pending final driver registrations etc as you have noted.

Drivers: please remember that alongside setting your time, you must also register at http://pcars.games/challenger19 by March 11 to be eligible to progress to the next phase of the competition.

We and the organisers will publish the final list of qualified drivers for the Challenger Shootout Race around March 13-15 - after Qualifying Round 4 has finished, and the registration deadline has passed. The organisers will then contact the successful drivers by email, with information about what happens next.

Asturbo
03-03-2019, 17:02
Thanks. I'll update after 3rd leg finishes (I'm still fighting).

Two questions:

Do you know if any of these players are "Pro players" ?

Could you confirm that in the final round in Laguna Seca, only 7 times passes to the Shootout race?

Project CARS Esports
03-03-2019, 17:10
Thanks. I'll update after 3rd leg finishes (I'm still fighting).

Could you confirm that in the final round in Laguna Seca, only 7 times passes to the Shootout race?

Yes. That's correct.

There are 31 places in the Shootout Race in total, as the organisers need to keep one lobby slot free for adjudication/observation.

Top 8 from Qualifying Round 1.
Top 8 from Qualifying Round 2.
Top 8 from Qualifying Round 3.
Top 7 from Qualifying Round 4.
= 31 drivers.

This is explained under "Entry Process - Challenger Series" in the competition terms (https://www.projectcarsesports.com/smsr2019terms.html).

None of the top drivers so far in Challenger Qualifying are registered as a primary or reserve driver for a Pro Class team.

Konan
03-03-2019, 18:51
Will there be backup drivers in case one or more of the qualifiers are a no show?

RSe guibZ
03-03-2019, 19:03
Good evening everyone :)

I saw something weird on the ghost of the first one on SMS-R round 3.

I have a video but I can't post it because I'm new :D

Project CARS Esports
03-03-2019, 19:04
Will there be backup drivers in case one or more of the qualifiers are a no show?

AOR (who will organise the online races) have access to the database of registered drivers, so this is a possibility. We'll double-check this with them before the end of the final Qualifying Round on March 11.

Konan has let us know about this already. The organisers will check ghosts for anything unusual, and ask the driver for additional video footage of their lap if necessary.

Slawek_9
03-03-2019, 19:07

yes I do not understand also :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IscSd4umbVA&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2_8wI-bmQEtDTpW0bdPOhU5f7sWEbjIdlcwiZNgTsLW6SzNjcdo0cbO4Q

Slawek_9
03-03-2019, 19:15
Konan has let us know about this already. The organisers will check ghosts for anything unusual, and ask the driver for additional video footage of their lap if necessary.

RSe guibZ
03-03-2019, 19:19
AOR (who will organise the online races) have access to the database of registered drivers, so this is a possibility. We'll double-check this with them before the end of the final Qualifying Round on March 11.

Great thanks for the answer :)

Asturbo
03-03-2019, 20:48
Yes, I also have seen a problem with leader's ghost and comented with Konan.

Looks like he starts the lap 0.2 seconds ahead. But his lap is consistent and even without initial gap, he would be already on the top 8.

Project CARS Esports
04-03-2019, 15:45
Yes, I also have seen a problem with leader's ghost and comented with Konan.

Looks like he starts the lap 0.2 seconds ahead. But his lap is consistent and even without initial gap, he would be already on the top 8.

Hi guys. After analysing video evidence and discussions with our dev team, our QA testers, & the driver; the organisers have concluded that he used a small exploit at Oulton Park. Therefore his time will not be counted in the Qualifying Round 3 results.

As stated in the rules (https://www.projectcarsesports.com/smsr2019terms.html);
“lap times which involved any in-game warnings or penalties (including, but not exclusively, for corner cutting) or involve any game exploit or foul play will be discounted.”

Drivers: Please try to record footage of your fastest laps during the final round of qualifying so that you can make it available to the organisers should they ask to see a video for any reason.

Also, regarding back-up drivers in case of any no-shows in the Challenger Shootout race...
After the final Qualifying Round has finished, the organisers may contact a small number of extra drivers by email to ask them to be available on the day of the Shootout, in case a Qualified driver drops out. For example: if a driver who qualified via Round 1 is unable to attend the Shootout race, then the 9th place driver from Round 1 may be invited to replace them, and so on for any drivers from Round 2, 3, etc. If necessary, the organisers will confirm this to individual drivers by email after qualifying has finished.

Konan
04-03-2019, 15:57
Highlighting this important bit:

Drivers: Please try to record footage of your fastest laps during the final round of qualifying so that you can make it available to the organisers should they ask to see a video for any reason.

Asturbo
05-03-2019, 06:48
Final standings after thirth round:

Very close times in the limit zone. See you in Laguna Seca...

Asturbo
07-03-2019, 22:40
Updated 03/08 0:00

Updated 03/09 0:00

Updated 03/09 12:00

John Ralph
09-03-2019, 11:03
So this clutch trick that can be done to get faster exits speeds, I assume everyone has now decided to start doing this on this round as well? All of a sudden people in the .6s are faster in a straight line.
Does anyone know how to do it?

Asturbo
09-03-2019, 11:56
I'm now in 1:28.080 without using the clutch. I probably can get other 2 tenths, but I don't think I can improve enough to be in qualifing zone.

Obviously if that gives advantage, nobody will tell you how use it. I supose it consists in pressing the clutch to rev the engine while taking the turn, and release when you are exiting get extra power.

When I reach my limit, I'll try weird things.

John Ralph
09-03-2019, 13:39
Well I think the fastest possible without the hack is a 27.5, would need to be a perfect lap I think. You can easily tell who is using the little trick.

I stopped playing pcars because of all these tricks and exploits people always used to go faster in TTs. I thought it would all be patched by now :-(.

I guess you can't really call it a hack, it is just pressing the clutch I guess, nothing wrong with that as it is technically not cheating.

Asturbo
09-03-2019, 14:04
I guess you can't really call it a hack, it is just pressing the clutch I guess, nothing wrong with that as it is technically not cheating.
Yes. I agree with that. People who use it are not cheaters, they only try to get best performance using how the game was designed. Nothing to reproach them.

John Ralph
09-03-2019, 20:31
I have worked out it isn't corners I lose time, it is gear changes. I am using Biz's ghost and I can do every corner faster, get to a straight and change gear his car pulls away, he has a tenth on me before I even get to turn 1...

Any ideas anyone? I have auto clutch off.

Asturbo
09-03-2019, 21:28
I have the intuition that in some turns, the fastest guys use the brakes while keeps the gas pedal on the floor.

I.E. in turn 4, I'm faster than other's ghost but loose in next straight a lot of time. I release a bit the pedal entering the turn, but I've seen that the ghost ahead, presses the brakes shortly. Probably he reduces the speed in this way and keeps accelerating at max while breaking to have the turbo at max pressure for the next straight. Those who lifth (as me) probably take the turn faster, but exits with less power. I think it happens the same in the Rainey curve (left after corkscrew). In the straights after this two turns, I loose the most of the gap of whole lap.

Anyway I give up. I need 3 tenths and I think it will impossble for me without doing things I'm not used to.

Update:

OMG, 12 players in 0.2 seconds arround the target time.

PS: I see you in, Jonh. Congrats, but probably you still need to improve a little bit to be safe...

cpcdem
09-03-2019, 21:44
I have the intuition that in some turns, the fastest guys use the brakes while keeps the gas pedal on the floor.

I do that as well, it definitely helps (although not keeping the gas on the floor, but giving a little input to keep the car stable). I was also worried this is another unrealistic technique used only in (all) sims, until somebody told me that real race drivers do that, too, which made me feel better about it. He had shown me a real life video on this, will search for it and post it.

Asturbo
09-03-2019, 21:54
Yes it's used in IRL, specially with turbo engines to reduce the boost lag. So nothing to say about, only suggesting John the trick.

In these two turns you only have to lift up a little the gas peddal, so if you brake a bit, probably you can keep gas peddal on the floor gaining extra power for the next straight.

Asturbo
10-03-2019, 21:16
Update 03/10 23:00

cpcdem
10-03-2019, 23:15
Damn, two tenths...just two tenths!

bigj_pcars
11-03-2019, 06:56
i wonder:

khaki in round 2 and TX3_Seemon in round 4, both used steering assist
so is it allowed in the community event rounds but definitly not in the races?

Project CARS Esports
11-03-2019, 07:17
i wonder:

khaki in round 2 and TX3_Seemon in round 4, both used steering assist
so is it allowed in the community event rounds but definitly not in the races?

Yes, that is correct. As previously discussed in this thread.

bigj_pcars
11-03-2019, 07:56
ah, didnt know

thx for clarifying ;)

Konan
11-03-2019, 12:00
It’s the final day of Qualifying for Challenger Class in the Playseat® SMS-R Series. It’s also the final day of sign-ups, so please make sure that you are registered at https://pcars.games/challenger19 to be eligible to progress to the next stage of the competition.

Asturbo
12-03-2019, 06:43
Final standings:

Observe that are unofficial results from the time board. Organizer will make a official list ASAP.

Congratulations to the qualifiers and the rest of the players for such a good competition.

Hope see more Challenges like this in the future...

Project CARS Esports
12-03-2019, 08:19
The organisers (Events House & Apex Online Racing) will now spend some time checking all of the qualifying leaderboards, to compare them to their master list of driver sign-ups. Once that has been done, we will publish the final list of qualified drivers at projectcarsesports.com/news. Hopefully later today or tomorrow. Thank you to everyone who took part!

John Ralph
12-03-2019, 08:46
Pelucaa has stuck a last minute time in, 1:27.447 WITH auto clutch turn ON. If that doesn't prove there is some trickery to go faster then what does...

RIP to anyone who doesn't know what the trick is to get a slightly quicker car, including me. We are going to be sitting ducks in the qualifying race.

Konan
12-03-2019, 09:19
Rest assure that IF there is indeed any sign of "cheating" it will be investigated and the results of that investigation will be reported over here...
No news will mean everything went according the rules.

Project CARS Esports
12-03-2019, 09:32
Rest assure that IF there is indeed any sign of "cheating" it will be investigated and the results of that investigation will be reported over here...
No news will mean everything went according the rules.

Correct. It is also worth noting that Pelucaa already qualified via his P8 time in the first Qualifying Round. Therefore his Round 4 lap will not effect the final list of qualified drivers. The highly experienced Apex Online Racing adjudication team will keep an eye on everything as we move forwards into the online racing phase of the competition, and they will deal with any issues appropriately.

cpcdem
12-03-2019, 09:41
Just a note, you cannot know for sure if a certain lap was done using autoclutch on or off. Possibly autoclutch was on when pressing "START" and he/she turned it to off before actually starting the lap. Or maybe he started with autoclutch off, but while driving he quickly pressed the assigned button for toggling it twice, to make sure it is indeed off. In both cases the lap would be registered as done with autoclutch on, while practically it was done with it off.

It's the same thing with TC, ABS and SC (for the events/time trial combos that allow them), you can not know if a certain lap was done with them on, when it's indicated as such, or it was just a quick toggle during/bebore the lap.

John Ralph
12-03-2019, 10:03
Just to be clear, I am not saying there is cheating. Just I know for a fact there is a trick to go faster in a straight line, I think it is in the gear changes. These tricks are just using what the game will let you do, for example in Pcars 1 letting your tires cool down before a hotlap made alot of cars up to a good half a second faster.
As I mentioned before I lose around a tenth by the time I got to turn 1 at Laguna... TX3 Biz seemed to be the fastest in a straight line and the ghosts always pulled away from me changing to 4th and to 5th.
I just could not work out what I was missing :-(.

cpcdem
12-03-2019, 10:15
Yeah, I've also noticed that with the gear changes, with several ghosts, being exactly at the same spot with the ghost, but then losing time to them at the gear shifts. Also wondering how that happens.

With cars with an H pattern gearbox, I know that it is faster when you do use an H shifter for your upshifts, rather than using the paddles, but that is done on purpose, to give a disadvantage to the (easier) method of using the paddles, compared to the (more difficult) method of using an H shifter. But that's for cars with an H pattern gearbox, I assume this doesn't work faster with cars with a sequential gearbox like the TC ones. Although actually I have never tried it, you never know...

Asturbo
12-03-2019, 10:20
But that's for cars with an H pattern gearbox, I assume this doesn't work faster with cars with a sequential gearbox like the TC ones. Although actually I have never tried it, you never know...Yes that's what logic says. But also the user clutch configuration should't make differences and it does (even with cars with semiatomatic gear box).

John, I would not be worried. If that small tricks works (if exist), could be important for a hotlap but not for a race that are many other factors.
Even if someone is faster with any trick, in online with slipstream he will not pull away from you.
Regularidad, traffic, tyre management, would be more important for a multiplayer race.

John Ralph
12-03-2019, 10:22
I am going to try and have a play around before the qualy race, see what I can find. Judging by the ghosts I am losing a total of roughly .2 over the lap due to the gear changes.
I did try the H Shifter last night but that was slower in the A45 TC, it was like driving with auto clutch on.

Konan
12-03-2019, 10:57
https://www.projectcarsesports.com/news/playseatr-sms-r-series-challenger-qualifying-results

Nik Romano_Edge
12-03-2019, 14:39
I just checked the standings and I'm not listed, even though I'm 3rd for round 4. What gives? I signed up though the website, what an I missing?

Project CARS Esports
12-03-2019, 15:09
I just checked the standings and I'm not listed, even though I'm 3rd for round 4. What gives? I signed up though the website, what an I missing?

Hey Nik. There may have been a technical hiccup with your signup at the website. The organisers have tried to contact you via Steam. Send them a message at sms-r@apexonlineracing.com and they'll try to sort it out with you.

Konan
12-03-2019, 20:09
Question i got:

Is there anyway of getting lobby setting for the big race so people can practice?

Project CARS Esports
12-03-2019, 20:19
Question i got:

Is there anyway of getting lobby setting for the big race so people can practice?

Look at the "Race Settings" section here: https://www.projectcarsesports.com/smsr2019terms.html

AOR will also be able to answer any specific questions the drivers may have over the next week. Drivers will receive direct contact details for the AOR race organisers in the next couple of days, along with all of the other information they may need as the race closes in.

Konan
12-03-2019, 20:22
Thanks for the swift replies BTW this sure helps a lot of people massively...:yes:

GrimeyDog
13-03-2019, 00:56
As i troll the thread i see concerns about Cock pit vs over head View... My Question is what about VR??? Even if VR is Not Visual Eye candy it still gives the best driving POV and allows you to look at and focus on every corner apex l... The same with Tripple Screens vs Single screens etc... So what I'm saying is its Not about what Driving view you use whats most important is finding the view thats best for you...dont forget
peole who race in VR Only people with tripple screens and single screens would complain VR has a unfair advantage....ijs. .

TheSoulReaver03
13-03-2019, 17:17
As i troll the thread i see concerns about Cock pit vs over head View... My Question is what about VR??? Even if VR is Not Visual Eye candy it still gives the best driving POV and allows you to look at and focus on every corner apex l... The same with Tripple Screens vs Single screens etc... So what I'm saying is its Not about what Driving view you use whats most important is finding the view thats best for you...dont forget
peole who race in VR Only people with tripple screens and single screens would complain VR has a unfair advantage....ijs. .

So how about people with steering wheels actually being at a disadvantage due to the instant steering response (therefore instant countersteer) on controllers. Just look at the statistics and you'll see that the fastest people on any track are using controllers. Why is no one complaining about that one?
I own an Oculus, and let me tell you that with the current FOV (110) you are not getting an accurate feeling of speed and the track feels compressed. You're not really getting an advantage with current VR headsets. It's rather for the immersion, not for having a competitive edge.

Konan
13-03-2019, 17:22
Finally someone complaining on the advantages of a controller vs wheel lol

On a serious note... Every setting/input device has its advantages/draw backs.
You choose one and do the best you can with it... If it's allowed there's nothing much anyone can do about it.

cpcdem
13-03-2019, 17:38
Just look at the statistics and you'll see that the fastest people on any track are using controllers. Why is no one complaining about that one?

That's very far from being true, it's quite the opposite in PCARS2 and any other sim. I have absolutely nothing against people using a controller or keyboard, but if (most of) the fastest times were done using a pad, IMO this would indicate that something is very seriously wrong with the physics of the game. Like for example in Grid Autosport, where pad drivers get extra grip, to compensate for the less precision, so in it yes, pad users are always first in the leaderboards. I assume the same happens also in GT, Forza etc, although I have never played those games.

cluck
14-03-2019, 10:27
I own an Oculus, and let me tell you that with the current FOV (110) you are not getting an accurate feeling of speed and the track feels compressed. You're not really getting an advantage with current VR headsets. It's rather for the immersion, not for having a competitive edge.Let me tell you that yes, you absolutely DO get an accurate feeling of speed. Having driven Brands Hatch, Snetterton, Donington, Cadwell Park, Oulton Park and Castle Combe in my time I can tell you that driving on a racetrack feels glacially slow at times (never more so than Silverstone) and the Rift recreates that very well. Race tracks are wide, wider than any normal UK road (motorways excepted), and then you have grass/gravel beyond the track and then you get the barriers and finally maybe some track furniture or trees behind those barriers. All those objects are a long way back from your peripheral vision, giving you precious little visual clue as to your actual speed. 140+mph down hangar straight at Silverstone was the most boring experience I've encountered on a race track, it felt like I was doing 50 or 60mph.

All of which is waaaaaaaaaay off topic, sorry mods.

gregc
14-03-2019, 15:58
That's very far from being true, it's quite the opposite in PCARS2 and any other sim. I have absolutely nothing against people using a controller or keyboard, but if (most of) the fastest times were done using a pad, IMO this would indicate that something is very seriously wrong with the physics of the game. Like for example in Grid Autosport, where pad drivers get extra grip, to compensate for the less precision, so in it yes, pad users are always first in the leaderboards. I assume the same happens also in GT, Forza etc, although I have never played those games.

Just to back this up - the fastest controller times in these 4 qualifiers were mostly 2-3 seconds off the ultimate pace, with the only exception being at Oulton where yours truly* (yeah, sound of own trumpet being blown :p) got within 1.7s. That was also the best finishing position for a pad user across the 4 rounds, which was 70th.

*I'm pretty sure I'm not the quickest out there with a pad, but I'd like to think I'm not that far away either

John Ralph
20-03-2019, 12:31
So how about people with steering wheels actually being at a disadvantage due to the instant steering response (therefore instant countersteer) on controllers.

With all due respect, this is absolute rubbish. You shouldn't be counter steering, if you are counter steering then you are losing time.

Asturbo
20-03-2019, 21:16
Well, tomorrow is the Shootout race for the amateurs. I finaly was convoked as reserve. No much time to practice because received confirmation yesterday, but hope that nobody who deserve fails.

The shootout race is in Algarve, that for what little I've tried, will be a troubled track with this car (extreme tyre overheating).

The times are close, but some of the fastest didn't score times in TT, probably to hide his performance. http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard?track=3878349996&vehicle=3019822479

The race starts at 20:00 (I think it's GMT, so 21:00 for most european contries) but don't know if will be streamed. If some player is going to broadcast, please link your channel to follow you.

Project CARS Esports
20-03-2019, 21:50
The race will be live tomorrow evening at 20:00 GMT (UK) on the AOR YouTube Channel (https://pcars.games/AORlive). Subscribe over there to get ready :)

We'll post on our social pages when we go live too, via...
https://twitter.com/projectcarsgame
https://facebook.com/projectcarsgame

Asturbo
26-03-2019, 09:28
Final Report: https://www.projectcarsesports.com/news/playseatr-sms-r-series-challenger-shootout-results

Good luck for the next races !!!

cpcdem
26-03-2019, 11:47
Final Report: https://www.projectcarsesports.com/news/playseatr-sms-r-series-challenger-shootout-results

Good luck for the next races !!!

Hey, I just realized you were in the race!!! Got a last minute substitution? How was it during the race? Intense to say the least I guess :)

Konan
26-03-2019, 11:49
If it was half intense then it looked, i think it was extremely intense :cool:

Asturbo
26-03-2019, 12:34
Hey, I just realized you were in the race!!! Got a last minute substitution? How was it during the race? Intense to say the least I guess :)
Yes I was convoked to the briefing and was allowed to participate in the last minute. I could't do any practice race before, so not very good result as expected.
Very rought race in the mid pack. I would prefer damage enabled to have more options, but nice experience for everybody.

Asturbo
04-04-2019, 09:24
Supposedly today starts the first race of the PlaySeat Challenge in Hockenheim. Let's pay attention to AOR's Youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/apexonlineracing) tonight...

Konan
04-04-2019, 15:36
Tonight's Shootout race will be at 8PM BST:

https://twitter.com/projectcarsgame/status/1113797502233452547?s=19

Konan
04-04-2019, 19:12
Livestream:

https://youtu.be/hGS8_MSXNr8

Asturbo
04-04-2019, 22:33
Great race and great broadcast. Congratulations to all of participants and commentators.

A little bit sad for Kristian that recover many places to the last turn, and well done Pelucaa for the 2nd place (supporting spanish drivers ;))

Also 27 players ended the race so it looks that no connection issues (29 started, may be 2 abandons). Good news.

Asturbo
06-04-2019, 07:54
Fantastic recovery from Jardier after lap 1 incident. POV live video: https://youtu.be/e0fEeiqC5PM

If someone of the amateur class streamed his race, please share, that I'm sure it was very funny race...

Asturbo
11-04-2019, 18:39
Today's race link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK_CmhRpQMs

Asturbo
11-04-2019, 22:18
Some thoughts:

- Finished 27 players, don't know if any disconnection, but looks that changes commented by Ian improved the online stability.
- Why the stream was in 720p? Also looks a very low bitrate with heavy pixelation. Graphics is one of the strongest points of PC2 and the quality/resolution of the video doesn't make justice.
- Commentators as good as ever, but ACR microphone have some problems during the stream.
- It would be nice that ocassionaly the director shows the standings, specially to see the Challenge possitions. Live standings only shows 16 positions and second class is always below that point.
- Some of the players had problems in the pit stop (not correct tyres or busy box). Sad for them, but if "pros" have also these problems with the strategies, it's clear that it must be looked into (for next game).

As someone commented in the chat, pit stops are always a lottery and that's one of the reasons that in online, nobody wants weather changes that forces you to change tyres. I don't remember logging recently a public lobby with wet or random conditions. Weather & Livetrack is one of the points where SMS puts more efforts, but is not being used by the pit stop issues.

Project CARS Esports
12-04-2019, 09:17
We appreciate the feedback, Asturbo. We'll forward your comments to the organisers as well.

A couple of things to note:

A few drivers chose to retire from this race after they had incidents which dropped them off the back of their Class, and they felt that they wouldn't be able to recover back into the points positions.
We'll review the stream bitrate with the organisers.
We'll ask the organisers to show the overall standings more frequently during the next races.
We're reviewing the pit-stops as well, and some improvements will be looked at for the future.

Asturbo
12-04-2019, 11:21
Yes, I already though that there was retirements, not disconnections. Very good news for all of us.

As spectator, I like the weather change during the race, but with 30 players, probably someone could get the wrong tyre not by his fault or box overlapping. May be if you decide wet conditions for another race, it would be better keep wet conditions for the whole race to avoid pit stops and therefore complaints (they are figthing for an important reward).

Otherwise I'm enjoing the competition and hope there will be more like this in the future.

Asturbo
13-04-2019, 07:25
Here is the pit stop from Jardier:

https://youtu.be/gow-pPfZcOw?t=1056

That usually happens when there is many cars in the pit lane, so it would be better to avoid weather changes that forces everybody pitting at same time or getting wrong tyre mount.

David Wright
13-04-2019, 09:30
It's a tough one. "Fairness" vs "realism". It wasn't "fair" that Jardier lost several seconds in the pits to Magic Michael, but arguably it was realistic. IMO the weather change made the race much more exciting. Static conditions may seem fairer but they are not realistic

I do feel sorry for developers. We demand realism like flatspots and synchromesh simulation, then complain when our wheels vibrate and we don't understand why the car won't change gear. SMS then disable these features. Will they now disable the no-unsafe release feature?

Jardier's stream was interesting because I hadn't realised from the AOR coverage that he had lost the lead before going into the pits. Given Magic Michael's pit was even closer to pit entry than Jardier's, I suspect if Jardier had not lost the lead, he would not have been held up in the pits.

Project CARS Esports
13-04-2019, 09:30
FYI: We discussed the pit-stops with the organisers yesterday. Changeable weather conditions will not be used again in the remaining races or the finals. And as mentioned previously, we will review the pit-stops to make some improvements in the future.

David Wright
13-04-2019, 09:36
FYI: We discussed the pit-stops with the organisers yesterday. Changeable weather conditions will not be used again in the remaining races or the finals. And as mentioned previously, we will review the pit-stops to make some improvements in the future.

While I understand the change I do think its a pity. Perhaps changeable weather is more appropriate for longer races.

Could you consider removing the visible damage in future races? I think its confusing for spectators and indeed the commentators too.

Project CARS Esports
13-04-2019, 09:40
While I understand the change I do think its a pity. Perhaps changeable weather is more appropriate for longer races.

Could you consider removing the visible damage in future races? I think its confusing for spectators and indeed the commentators too.

That’s a possibility. We’ll pass your comment to the organisers.

David Wright
13-04-2019, 09:44
That’s a possibility. We’ll pass your comment to the organisers.

Thank you :)

Asturbo
13-04-2019, 10:52
It's a tough one. "Fairness" vs "realism". It wasn't "fair" that Jardier lost several seconds in the pits to Magic Michael, but arguably it was realistic.
But it was not caused by traffic, I think it was caused by the other player looking for his place (forward and backwards). The white car (don't know why) can't find his spot (may be occupied), and most of the time the pit lane is free. That never happens IRL so not realistic IMO. If the white car didn't move from behind, probably Jardier could't left the box. He only could rejoin when the white car passes him.

IMO the weather change made the race much more exciting. Static conditions may seem fairer but they are not realistic.
That's true all of us would like weather changes, but as competitor you would't like that this kind of things and not your performance or race management, condition your results. It's not racing troubles you have to deal. I.E. if you want yo ruin the race of an opponent to benefit you team mate, you only have to stay close to him in his pit box spot, and he can't left his pit until you move from behind.

Will they now disable the no-unsafe release feature?
IMO it's not a problem of the unsafe release feature, or if it is, isn't working properly. It's the same that happens when you are stuck in the pit box in practice/qualify session and you can't leave until your next box player leaves his own garage. It's not unsafe release, because both are stopped inside the garage and no other cars moving in the pit lane. It's a question that when are two cars too close in pits/garage (even stopped and with a wall between you), one of them can't move (usually the car ahead). Only when the other moves, you can. May be reducing the distance considered unsafe would solve it.

And as mentioned previously, we will review the pit-stops to make some improvements in the future.
That's the good news, and why we have to be so grateful to this competition. Thanks so much.

David Wright
13-04-2019, 12:46
But it was not caused by traffic, I think it was caused by the other player looking for his place (forward and backwards). The white car (don't know why) can't find hit spot (may be occupied), and most of the time the pit lane is free. That never happens IRL so not realistic IMO. If the white car didn't move from behind, probably Jardier could't left the box. He only could rejoin when the white car passes him.

I think we will have to agree to disagree. The pitstop is very confusing, particularly the influence of the white car behind, but IMO the sequence was as follows

At 17 sec into the pitstop Jardier's car has had its tyres changed and is back on the ground but Magic Micheal's car has just been released (view is blocked by the white car) and at 18 secs drives through Jardier's car. I think this is the reason he is initially held. Although its possible Michael was also held, you would expect him to complete his tyre change before Jardier, and in pulling out from the pit-space immediately behind you would expect this to delay Jardier's release.

Then IMO Jardier continues to be held because the blue GT3 car appears, moving a little slowly as it prepares to stop and pulls into the pit-space in front.

Just out of curiosity, do you know how PC2 copes if cars emerge from the pitlane "merged" ?

cpcdem
13-04-2019, 13:00
I agree with Asturbo, this is just a very common bug in PCARS2 online, very often cars are being held in the pits for no obvious reason (well the reason is that there's a car *somewhat* near). In almost all online races you will read or hear people shouting to others to leave the pits, when qualifying starts. This is because it happens very often that when a car remains in the pits, then the game does not allow one of the cars next to him to leave the pits as well. So if that driver is AFK, only way for the stuck cars to contine is to leave the lobby and enter it again, at a different pitstop. This is very common and I am pretty sure it's also the problem behind Jardier being stuck, as asturbo pointed out.

Asturbo
13-04-2019, 13:05
David, the exact cause it's difficult to know, because we don't know the design logic. I think that there was time enough to do a safe release, but the white car looking for his spot, prevents the release for being behind too close to Jardier. We agree in the most important: Pit stops are confusing and unpredictable, so makes sense that organizers try to avoid it for next races. The best one is they have taken note for improve that section in PCARS3.

Also the feedback from Pro drivers would be very important for improvement this and other sections (penalties i.e.). They can suggest changes from other sims that will be very important for PC3.

About the merged cars, I think it doesn't have consecuences during the pit lane. Probably doesn't happen anything until they are fully detached (even after pit exit), but I always release the pedal when ghosting because I don't want to learn how it works in the hard way.

In almost all online races you will read or hear people shouting to others to leave the pits, when qualifying starts.
Indeed!!!

We have to make a rule that everybody has to get out of the garage in qualifing session in 1 minute max. for don't blocking others. They can use return to box option if they need more time to make setups, but only when the rest of the players are on the track.

Konan
17-04-2019, 14:55
Next race this evening at 8PM BST:

https://mobile.twitter.com/projectcarsgame/status/1118440026700906497

Maskmagog
17-04-2019, 15:01
Nope, tomorrow (Thursday) :cool:

Konan
17-04-2019, 15:03
Oh dear, that's the second time today i think it's Thursday :rolleyes:

cluck
17-04-2019, 15:05
Oh dear, that's the second time today i think it's Thursday :rolleyes:That reminds me of a joke my parents told me when I was in my early-teens

There were two hippopotamusses - or hippopotami if you prefer - sitting, nay, wallowing in a mud bath, basking in the glorious African sun. All of a sudden one of them turned to the other and said "Do you know, I keep thinking it's Thursday"

(there is no more to the joke, that's it, and yes I am sorry for going off-topic yet again but Konan started it, he thought it was Thursday)

cpcdem
17-04-2019, 15:20
I liked the joke :)

Konan
17-04-2019, 15:37
On topic again:

I would like to bring something up for improvement to the organisers:

In my opinion the system for no shows should properly be reviewed.
Two examples of what occurred:

- Understanding that it is very exciting to try and qualify for this, there are a lot of entries (which can only be good)
It's after qualifying has finished the troubles started.
I don't think it's the organisers responsability to send numerous emails to one or two qualifiers to ask them if they will attend the shootouts... Because the people who were chosen as backups are kept in the loom until said qualifiers finally answer or (as it happened) don't and the backups get notified at the pretty last moment...

- in a case (also actual) a driver hasn't shown up for the first two races, he shouldn't even get the chance to participate anymore.
In this case the backup raced in his place last week and now gets the news they are waiting for the original driver to maybe show up so he'll just have to wait and see...

There should be clear rules about those situations and IMHO those would reduce a lot of headaches for the organisers.

Project CARS Esports
17-04-2019, 15:51
Cheers Konan. As with all other feedback, we'll make sure that the organisers see your comment.

Asturbo
17-04-2019, 18:11
I was going to ask for the overall standings, but I finaly found it:

https://www.projectcarsesports.com/smsr2019standings.html

It's very close in the ProDrivers class. In the Challenge Class Operator is clear favorite, but the 2nd place it's going to be very disputed.

Continuing with Konan's suggestions, in a short championships like this with so much at stake, I think it would be a good option discard worst result of the 4 (only best 3 results valid). It's to avoid that one player with options runs out of options for a disconnection, or a fiasco. I.E., with that system, players with problems in the pit stop in last race, could discard this race and still have options to progress to the final.

Project CARS Esports
17-04-2019, 18:23
I was going to ask for the overall standings, but I finaly found it:

https://www.projectcarsesports.com/smsr2019standings.html

It's very close in the ProDrivers class. In the Challenge Class Operator is clear favorite, but the 2nd place it's going to be very disputed.

Continuing with Konan's suggestions, in a short championships like this with so much at stake, I think it would be a good option discard worst result of the 4 (only best 3 results valid). It's to avoid that one player with options runs out of options for a disconnection, or a fiasco. I.E., with that system, players with problems in the pit stop in last race, could discard this race and still have options to progress to the final.

The competition rules don't include something like this at the moment, and I imagine that the organisers will be unlikely to change the rules halfway through the tournament. However, we will share your feedback with the Events House and AOR as always.

Asturbo
17-04-2019, 21:05
Of course, rules must not change during a competition. Everybody who is compiting accepted how is designed. I was thinking about future ones.

Asturbo
18-04-2019, 19:01
Race Live now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFQt-1hTsiU (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFQt-1hTsiU)

Slawek_9
19-04-2019, 17:41
When we see the number of accidents last night, it's not very beautiful.
Unfortunately, it is still high time to punish a conduct that is not worthy of esport. The pilots have no brains when they are on the track ?

I'm not surprised that many people go elsewhere to ride online. It's really sad. I like this game, but the esport was really anything last night.
When I think that some have received an invitation for the SMS-R PRO...

Maybe the lack of punishment gives the impression that everything is allowed on the track?

https://apexonlineracing.com/community/forums/stewards-enquiries.1385/page-2

Konan
19-04-2019, 17:48
There isn't a lack of punishment, every reported incident will be investigated and acted upon accordingly...

Project CARS Esports
19-04-2019, 17:56
There isn't a lack of punishment, every reported incident will be investigated and acted upon accordingly...

All reported incidents are already being discussed between the independent stewarding team, the event organisers, and the team managers & drivers. This takes place after every race in emails and in the private teams/drivers Discord for the competition. The process will continue over the weekend as normal. The race blog & results will published early next week as usual at projectcarseports.com/news. This will be on Tuesday this time, due to the extended Easter weekend.

Asturbo
25-04-2019, 17:28
Tonight last race of the series.

If I'm right, the 4 best teams of the Pro class and 8 best players of challenge class, will advance to the superfinal.

I didn't make the calcs, but I think ACR is already qualified with a great regularity in previous races. Redline & VP are also in a very good position to get the place.

But the last place will be very disputed, with the 3 teams in 6 points. Everything can happen...

In Challenge class Kristian is already qualified. All of the rest have still options and they depend of today's results.

Overall Standings (https://www.projectcarsesports.com/smsr2019standings.html)

It's a pity that we can't see them separate races, because the fight will be epic in both classes.

Good luck everybody.

Asturbo
25-04-2019, 18:12
The link to the broadcast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UrYKl3UwJs

Konan
11-05-2019, 11:42
Final today people...I'm gonna relay a message from Yorkie that he posted on his discord:

A message from Yorkie:
@everyone so I'm off for the weekend, but make sure to tune in today at 16:30 BST on the AOR YouTube Channel for the 2019 Playseat SMS-R Championship final. I'll be commentating on the livestream alongside Actrollvision providing you guys the racing action as some of the top drivers in Project CARS battle it out for a 20K prizepool. For those of you attending the event, I shall hopefully see you there. For those who can't make it, keep an eye out for a livestream link on my Twitter (https://twitter.com/Yorkie065) shortly before the Livestream is due to start. I shall try and post links here too if I can, otherwise I'm sure someone who is online will. Cheers.

Asturbo
11-05-2019, 11:54
I'll be in the stream. We have the list confirmed players?

Good luck everybody!

Konan
11-05-2019, 14:18
https://twitter.com/projectcarsgame/status/1127202783399153664?s=19

Project CARS Esports
11-05-2019, 14:19
Here's a driver list for you.

Pro:
ACR Jardier
ACR LeonTheSickOne
VP Darwin Daume
VP Isaac21
Veloce James
Veloce Storm
Oscaro Rotax
Oscaro BBence*

Challenger:
FA Kwietniewski
Khaki
WilliamsJIM Popsu
ACR Mr Van Ommen
FA Dornieden
Pelucaa
THR Dalking
THR Operator

*Oscaro replace Team Redline who were unable to attend due to a scheduling conflict on their side.

Konan
11-05-2019, 17:29
New stream link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQuUVSStF-E

Asturbo
12-05-2019, 07:33
It has been a great competition, so congratulations for winners and organizers. Yesterday's races was amazing. The outside passes in turn 1 of Isaac over Jaames in second race, was incredible:

https://youtu.be/iQuUVSStF-E?t=2684
https://youtu.be/iQuUVSStF-E?t=3840

Some comments:

I was expecting that in these finals, Pro and Challengers use same car, but they was still in different categories and no fight between them. I would like to see some Challengers with same cars with the Pros. Sure that Khaki i.e. could win the event because was incredible fast. But probably there is any restriction with Pro class, then I think it would be better they race in different splits. Then the best 2 players of the challenge class could pass to pro split. That would allow more players in both classes, and espectators could watch many interesting battles that probably we missed yesterday.

Any plans for more official events in the future?

Project CARS Esports
12-05-2019, 09:17
Yes, we will have some more competitions in Project CARS 2. Keep an eye on our social media pages and http://projectcarsesports.com over the next few months :)

Konan
12-05-2019, 09:21
NICE!

Asturbo
12-05-2019, 10:39

David Wright
12-05-2019, 10:56
Really enjoyed the races. One area for improvement would be sound/microphones.

Maskmagog
12-05-2019, 17:10
Well done Yorkie, top job!
The right team won I think, both fast and respectful.

cpcdem
29-05-2019, 22:21
I agree with Asturbo, this is just a very common bug in PCARS2 online, very often cars are being held in the pits for no obvious reason (well the reason is that there's a car *somewhat* near). In almost all online races you will read or hear people shouting to others to leave the pits, when qualifying starts. This is because it happens very often that when a car remains in the pits, then the game does not allow one of the cars next to him to leave the pits as well. So if that driver is AFK, only way for the stuck cars to contine is to leave the lobby and enter it again, at a different pitstop. This is very common and I am pretty sure it's also the problem behind Jardier being stuck, as asturbo pointed out.

Sorry to revive this thread, but same thing happened again today in GZR's race, cars were stuck in the pitbox just because others were near. Needs to be taken care of for PCARS3 at least

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW6wn1bPO90