PDA

View Full Version : Clipping through car when adjusting seat position?

OurJud
03-03-2019, 17:43
I like to play in cockpit mode, and have my driver pushed back as far as possible. In the first game this was fine, but with 2 there's no limit to how far you can adjust the driver's position. If I move back too far I start to clip through the car's model, and more often than not I'm not as far back as I would like to be when this happens. Even if I stop before the clipping starts I find that when I use free-look to monitor the other drivers by my side, my view clips through the head rest.

Is this a bug or by design? It's a flaw in my opinion.

Thanks in advance.

Cholton82
05-03-2019, 12:09
This is the same on Xbox and I imagine PC , Are you trying to sit in the back seat :D.

OurJud
05-03-2019, 14:38
This is the same on Xbox and I imagine PC , Are you trying to sit in the back seat :D.

:D Not quite but the default position feels far too close to the wheel. It’s also very annoying how it doesn’t save your position. I suppose that’s because no two interiors are the same, but it’s a real pain having to adjust it each time you climb into a new car. Especially when you’re trying to get it set right before the green light. Half the time I’m still trying to adjust my position as I'm approaching the first corner.

Actually thinking about it, if I assign seat backwards to the L1 shoulder button I will be able to reposition must quicker, instead of having to keep tapping down on the direction pad as it is now.

Cholton82
05-03-2019, 18:55
:D Not quite but the default position feels far too close to the wheel. Itís also very annoying how it doesnít save your position. I suppose thatís because no two interiors are the same, but itís a real pain having to adjust it each time you climb into a new car. Especially when youíre trying to get it set right before the green light. Half the time Iím still trying to adjust my position as I'm approaching the first corner.

Actually thinking about it, if I assign seat backwards to the L1 shoulder button I will be able to reposition must quicker, instead of having to keep tapping down on the direction pad as it is now.

Yeah I have seat adjustments for forward and back and up and down mapped to a button box as I adjust them slightly per car , I have mine set with an FOV of 52 so my wheel sits pretty much perfectly with the dash of the car . I canít race sitting further back anymore

OurJud
05-03-2019, 21:48
Yeah I have seat adjustments for forward and back and up and down mapped to a button box as I adjust them slightly per car , I have mine set with an FOV of 52 so my wheel sits pretty much perfectly with the dash of the car . I can’t race sitting further back anymore

I forgot to mention I'm on controller. Anyway, assigning seat backwards to L1 didn't resolve anything as I still have to tap it (thought I could hold it). At least I can steer while adjusting it this way, so it helps slightly.