PDA

View Full Version : Impossibly Wet.

Tooma
07-03-2019, 00:00
Is anyone else finding that in some of the Invitation Events and Manufacturer Drives within Career Mode, when the weather is set to rain, snow, or ice, there are no corresponding tyres available? I found the tracks undriveable, even when I turned the FFB right down on my T300RS.

The only way I could win was by turning the AI difficulty down to between 5 and 10, just to get the race out of the way. What is going on? I wonder what happens if I set a race of my own up and select wet weather - must try that.

blinkngone
07-03-2019, 00:29
Is anyone else finding that in some of the Invitation Events and Manufacturer Drives within Career Mode, when the weather is set to rain, snow, or ice, there are no corresponding tyres available? I found the tracks undriveable, even when I turned the FFB right down on my T300RS.

The only way I could win was by turning the AI difficulty down to between 5 and 10, just to get the race out of the way. What is going on? I wonder what happens if I set a race of my own up and select wet weather - must try that.

Hey you can check out CAREER in this post. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?64820-Setup-Requests-for-Consoles(pictures)-Post-Patch-7-0&p=1538531&viewfull=1#post1538531
It is from sloopsmusic, he quit before the 7.0 patch but you might find something useful still.

Tooma
07-03-2019, 01:02
Thanks Blink. Lots of great info there, but I don't see anything about missing wet/snow tyres... I will be back there for the set-up for Track Day at TCOA from sloppyjoe - not managed to win that one yet.

Zaskarspants
07-03-2019, 09:33
I don't do career but in all the races I do the car will be on grid with correct tyres selected by default unless the driver selects different. Rain tyres are available for all cars and so I think are ice/snow. What exact car track combo are you using?

blinkngone
07-03-2019, 09:39
Thanks Blink. Lots of great info there, but I don't see anything about missing wet/snow tyres... I will be back there for the set-up for Track Day at TCOA from sloppyjoe - not managed to win that one yet.

Well, if you are using the Ginetta Junior you only get All Weather, All Terrain and ICE as tire choices. With the Ginetta GT5 you get an additional option of Slicks but no Wets. So, for rain your best choice is All Weather. Other cars don't get Wets as well, like the Civic. You have Pirelli P Zero Corsa(Med) as probably the best choice with the Civic.

Tooma
11-03-2019, 13:48
I have been talking about particular categories within Career Mode, namely, Manufacturer Drives, and Invitational Events. Particular races you can check out are:-

1 - Manufacturer Drives - Bentley GT3 at Silverstone .. it's like driving on ice with slicks.
2 - Invitational Events - Supercars - Torque Riders - Red Bull short .. rain, no wets, car pulls all over the place, even when the FFB is turned right down.

If anyone finds the races are driveable for them, then I have a very singular version of the game. I am curious though. There are other events which I have found impossible, but if anyone checks out just these two, that would be neat. Cheers all.

Azure Flare
14-03-2019, 07:38
I have been talking about particular categories within Career Mode, namely, Manufacturer Drives, and Invitational Events. Particular races you can check out are:-

1 - Manufacturer Drives - Bentley GT3 at Silverstone .. it's like driving on ice with slicks.
2 - Invitational Events - Supercars - Torque Riders - Red Bull short .. rain, no wets, car pulls all over the place, even when the FFB is turned right down.

If anyone finds the races are driveable for them, then I have a very singular version of the game. I am curious though. There are other events which I have found impossible, but if anyone checks out just these two, that would be neat. Cheers all.

1. Consider the track temperature.
2. Semislicks aren't good in wet conditions, and cars will aquaplane, whether you have FFB or not.

PostBox981
14-03-2019, 10:13
What reason are you turning FFB down for in the rain? Just asking, I feel like rain reduces the feedback for quite some amount so I donīt see the point to reduce it even more.

What works best for me in the rain is avoiding puddles wherever possible, no matter what tyres I am on.

Tooma
14-03-2019, 11:37
1. Consider the track temperature.
2. Semislicks aren't good in wet conditions, and cars will aquaplane, whether you have FFB or not.

I agree with you completely on your points 1 and 2, Azure, but, my point is that there are NO suitable tyres available to use, and that the cars are impossible to drive at speed, and I wondered if other racers had the same experience with these particular races.

Tooma
14-03-2019, 11:41
What reason are you turning FFB down for in the rain? Just asking, I feel like rain reduces the feedback for quite some amount so I donīt see the point to reduce it even more.

What works best for me in the rain is avoiding puddles wherever possible, no matter what tyres I am on.

Because the FFB causes the wheel to move, and I am trying to control it and drive the car where I want to go, not be thrown off line. Yes, I do avoid puddles where possible. So, reducing the FFB allows the wheel to be held steadier.

blinkngone
14-03-2019, 13:17
Because the FFB causes the wheel to move, and I am trying to control it and drive the car where I want to go, not be thrown off line. Yes, I do avoid puddles where possible. So, reducing the FFB allows the wheel to be held steadier.

Hey, for rain you can go with higher toe, -0.7 front and 1.0 rear. It helps GT3s in most cases.

Also in a previous post you mentioned trying to drive the Bentley GT3 using Slicks, why? The GT3s have Wet tires as an option, is the Challenge locking out your tire selection?

Super cars don't come with Wet tires. Take the Carrera GT for example, you have to use (Med). R8 V10 Plus has (Soft) as an option. Sorry I don't know what car/track combo is used for the "Torque Riders" Challenge.

Tooma
18-03-2019, 23:40
Hey, for rain you can go with higher toe, -0.7 front and 1.0 rear. It helps GT3s in most cases.

Also in a previous post you mentioned trying to drive the Bentley GT3 using Slicks, why? The GT3s have Wet tires as an option, is the Challenge locking out your tire selection?

Super cars don't come with Wet tires. Take the Carrera GT for example, you have to use (Med). R8 V10 Plus has (Soft) as an option. Sorry I don't know what car/track combo is used for the "Torque Riders" Challenge.

The Bentley needs snow tyres for the race, Blink, and they are not provided. The Torque Riders are Ferraris, 488s if I remember right, in very wet conditions, and - no wets are available.

blinkngone
19-03-2019, 00:34
The Bentley needs snow tyres for the race, Blink, and they are not provided. The Torque Riders are Ferraris, 488s if I remember right, in very wet conditions, and - no wets are available.
OK, it might be just a glitch in Career then. The GT3s come with All Terrain, Wets and Ice(Studs) normally.

Tooma
19-03-2019, 01:13
OK, it might be just a glitch in Career then. The GT3s come with All Terrain, Wets and Ice(Studs) normally.

Yes, thanks blink. What you say is what I have experienced in many other races, but not so in the particular ones I have mentioned. :)