PDA

View Full Version : Freezing online , Can it be solved ?

Cholton82
18-03-2019, 19:23
I’m hoping this can be solved somehow as I want to start playing online more but my patience are all but gone.
I play 99.9 % offline and it’s fantastic , you’ll get very few complaints from me with regards to offline.
I would like to play a bit of online but I seem to have a terrible issue with the game freezing which seems to be as people join or leave the lobby. I can be directly behind a car when suddenly it freezes for anything up to 4 seconds and then upon resuming I have lost that amount of time in game and that car right in front of me is down the road.

I have a wired connection, My router is a netgear router provided by my SKY and I have SKY Superfast broadband. On average I get between 60 and 68mbps .
Nothing else or no one else is using the internet.
I have tried all the other games I own online and even have had Netflix streaming whilst doing so to try and stress the connection and I have zero problems , it’s perfect.

Is there anything I can do or am I flogging a dead horse ? PC1 works actually a lot better as I tried it before typing this up .

Edited to say that I understand mods that this may be more suited to another part of the forum but in the interest of getting it the most exposure and the highest chance of being resolved I popped it in this part. Hope that’s ok

gotdirt410sprintcar
18-03-2019, 20:41
Try too reinstall the game. I don't think it runs good on Xbox anyway good luck

Cholton82
18-03-2019, 20:54
Try too reinstall the game. I don't think it runs good on Xbox anyway good luck

I works perfectly well on the One X even set on Enchanced visuals with large grids.
This is when people join and leave the lobby , when it shows that someone joins or leaves that is when these hang ups happen.

Bliman
18-03-2019, 22:38
Maybe look at post 34 of my thread here
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?63449-Major-Stutters/page4
Hopefully it helps.

Cholton82
19-03-2019, 06:34
Maybe look at post 34 of my thread here
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?63449-Major-Stutters/page4
Hopefully it helps.

Thanks Iíll give that a try tonight , Why is it only this game for me that requires this ? PC1 and AC seem ok.

cpcdem
19-03-2019, 07:09
Thanks I’ll give that a try tonight , Why is it only this game for me that requires this ? PC1 and AC seem ok.

PC1 and AC do not have LiveTrack, it's only PC2 that has it so has to transmit a lot of data between players to keep it in sync.

Cholton82
19-03-2019, 07:49
PC1 and AC do not have LiveTrack, it's only PC2 that has it so has to transmit a lot of data between players to keep it in sync.

No they donít but should you have to mess around with router settings to get a stable online experience?
Iím certainly willing to do that but your average person who picks up a copy will not.

When I get back from work Iíll look into the settings on my router and hopefully sort it out.
I must admit though I was quite enjoying my U rating last night as it puts a cat amongst the pidgeons when you spank an S class opponent with your newbie U rating.

Thanks for all the advice guys

cpcdem
19-03-2019, 08:46
No they don’t but should you have to mess around with router settings to get a stable online experience?
I’m certainly willing to do that but your average person who picks up a copy will not.

I agree of course, and no, you should not need to mess around with such stuff. I only answered to your question what makes the difference in PCARS2 compared to other games :)

When I get back from work I’ll look into the settings on my router and hopefully sort it out.
I must admit though I was quite enjoying my U rating last night as it puts a cat amongst the pidgeons when you spank an S class opponent with your newbie U rating.

Having an "S" has absolutely nothing to do with how fast someone is, this is only the safety ranking, indicating that a driver is relatively clean/fair. In one of the groups I race with, all of us have an S safety license, but lap times of people we can do vary a lot, with maybe 5 seconds difference from the 1st to the last guy.

Cholton82
19-03-2019, 08:51
I agree of course, and no, you should not need to mess around with such stuff. I only answered to your question what makes the difference in PCARS2 compared to other games :)

Yes mate I understand that and I appreciate your reply :)

Having an "S" has absolutely nothing to do with how fast someone is, this is only the safety ranking, indicating that a driver is relatively clean/fair. In one of the groups I race with, all of us have an S safety license, but lap times of people we can do vary a lot, with maybe 5 seconds difference from the 1st to the last guy.

Of course , I forgot itís the number after that dictates the skill level. DOH
Oh well currently reading up and watching YouTube videos on how to sort it so fingers crossed that U will soon be a bit better .

Cholton82
19-03-2019, 17:44
Can UDP make a difference ? I use RS dash with PC2

cpcdem
19-03-2019, 20:14
Can UDP make a difference ? I use RS dash with PC2

It's very possible, it has made a big difference to a lot of people, none to others, it probably depends a lot on the router you use and other traffic in the network. Doesn't RS Dash support Shared Memory as well?

hkraft300
19-03-2019, 23:08
You might be doing 60+mbps but what type of connection do you have? I can get 40+ mbps if I tether my mobile phone (4g), but it's inconsistent when I run a bunch of speed tests in sequence. It also pings higher.
My wired connection is ~40mbps with a low ping and its stable and consistent. Ps4 via WiFi to the router which is hard wired. The freezes are almost imperceptible since the last few patches. I'd say nonexistant when someone leaves the lobby mid race, even when the Mrs is streaming in 4k downstairs.

Cholton82
20-03-2019, 18:29
You might be doing 60+mbps but what type of connection do you have? I can get 40+ mbps if I tether my mobile phone (4g), but it's inconsistent when I run a bunch of speed tests in sequence. It also pings higher.
My wired connection is ~40mbps with a low ping and its stable and consistent. Ps4 via WiFi to the router which is hard wired. The freezes are almost imperceptible since the last few patches. I'd say nonexistant when someone leaves the lobby mid race, even when the Mrs is streaming in 4k downstairs.

Iíve just ran 6 consecutive speed tests and have gotten between 60 and 65 with a ping of 19-21 ms.
I have just tried PC2 with no RS dash and unfortunately it is still happening. I also tried a wireless connection hoping it may be a problem with the cable but itís just as bad.
I will continue to try and solve it .

cpcdem
20-03-2019, 19:38
I’ve just ran 6 consecutive speed tests and have gotten between 60 and 65 with a ping of 19-21 ms.
I have just tried PC2 with no RS dash and unfortunately it is still happening. I also tried a wireless connection hoping it may be a problem with the cable but it’s just as bad.
I will continue to try and solve it .

Did you disable UDP form the game settings? It is not important if you have an app running or not, if UDP is enabled, it will be transmitting data anyway.

Cholton82
20-03-2019, 19:42
Did you disable UDP form the game settings? It is not important if you have an app running or not, if UDP is enabled, it will be transmitting data anyway.

No I didnít , Thank you for that I will give it another try with it turned off.

Cholton82
21-03-2019, 18:21

Beers are on me guys , Thank you very much for your help itís massively appreciated.
I have turned UDP off and itís working like a dream.
Turned it back on and stutters so itís definitly UDP.

Thank you all

hkraft300
22-03-2019, 13:05
If you still want udp functionality you can increase the number (I think it reduces the rate of broadcasts) and work your way back.

Cholton82
22-03-2019, 17:24
If you still want udp functionality you can increase the number (I think it reduces the rate of broadcasts) and work your way back.

Thank you , Think I had it set on 3 . I’m just happy online is working now and I can race without both the fear of ending up in the wall or ruining someone else’s race.
Maybe it would be a good idea to sticky the UDP issue for others experiencing the same issue.

Edit : spoke too soon ! Tonight it’s just as bad as before , AC it is for online for now !