PDA

View Full Version : :cool: :cool: DLC Favour

MISTER WU
20-03-2019, 20:43
Can i ask any of the devs or even Ian if maybe they could allow the DLC to be played by people who dont own it like we used to have in pcars1.
I ask this because its a long wait till the next game and a lot of mates i race with are getting sick to death of GT3 and the standard boring tracks that are done to death.

I went out and got all the DLC before the game release but there are some who wont pay any more money into pcars2 after patches and updates stopped last year.

This will open a whole new playing field with new tracks and cars for people who only have the base game for the next few years?

Who else agrees. This is really fun in pcars1 when people finally got to try a car or track.

Saleen_S7
21-03-2019, 06:00
That's sound cool alright.

Konan
21-03-2019, 06:07
So let me get this straight...
The game is not good enough to put any more money in it but it suddenly becomes good enough if you get the DLC for free?

E_Luckow
21-03-2019, 06:29
Really?

In case that was a joke, well, almost good...

Sankyo
21-03-2019, 07:41
I went out and got all the DLC before the game release but there are some who wont pay any more money into pcars2 after patches and updates stopped last year.

I'll try that at my car dealer next time: "It's going to be a while before you guys bring out a new car model, can I get free accessories for my current car now?" :)

FS7
21-03-2019, 11:29
It's kind of silly to ask the developer to give out DLC for free.
I wouldn't mind a free weekend on Steam, though. PCars2 demo gave me a bad impression of the game but from what I heard the demo is based on an older version of the game.

MISTER WU
21-03-2019, 20:38
What the hell is wrong with you people.
I didnt say give it to them for free, where did i say that???????. I simply asked for it to be like pcars 1 where someone could play a track if the host had the DLC.

Why is it called FREE now when it was in the first game?

FFS, the next game will be years away and if you havnt noticed the numbers are declining on pcars2 and this will reinvigorate the whole game back to life.

Ohh and Dirt rally 2 is doing this very same thing now after the failed launch as a good gesture to its customers!

Konan
21-03-2019, 21:05
I didnt say give it to them for free, where did i say that???????. I simply asked for it to be like pcars 1 where someone could play a track if the host had the DLC.

Why is it called FREE now when it was in the first game?

FFS, the next game will be years away and if you havnt noticed the numbers are declining on pcars2 and this will reinvigorate the whole game back to life.

Ohh and Dirt rally 2 is doing this very same thing now after the failed launch as a good gesture to its customers!

The number one requirement to run a business is making money...

Possible scenario:
The DLC in pCARS 1 didn't sell as planned because everyone could get a free ride-along (pun intended) with the host.

Solution:
Let's not do that next time.

Common business sense IMO...

DinoM
22-03-2019, 05:45
Can i ask any of the devs or even Ian if maybe they could allow the DLC to be played by people who dont own it like we used to have in pcars1.
I ask this because its a long wait till the next game and a lot of mates i race with are getting sick to death of GT3 and the standard boring tracks that are done to death.

This will open a whole new playing field with new tracks and cars for people who only have the base game for the next few years?

Who else agrees. This is really fun in pcars1 when people finally got to try a car or track.

As long as you wait for PC3 to appear, you could even buy DLCs one by one. ;)

Sankyo
22-03-2019, 13:03
You didn't phrase it like that, everyone read it as if you were suggesting to give DLC away for free (especially framing everyone's minds with the "my friends won't spend more money on pC2"). Maybe your OP wasn't as clear as it could have been? It's not always the world that's wrong ;)

FFS, ...
No need to get agitated, just say that you didn't mean what people read in your OP.

Obviously they had something to make up for, so not a very good argument there ;)

Malcstar
22-03-2019, 13:31
I miss that feature. Did that also include the dlc cars too? Don't remember.

cpcdem
22-03-2019, 14:16
a lot of mates i race with are getting sick to death of GT3 and the standard boring tracks that are done to death.

I really do not get that. The original game has aronud 60 tracks? And the DLCs have added 4? Out of which one can be driven in Ferraris only, and another one can't be more boring than anything else (but has great historical value of course)? I really do not understand how so many standard tracks are boring for anyone and the 4 DLC tracks will make such a huge difference...

Juxtapuh
22-03-2019, 16:23
get you and your mates together and host a lobby?

MISTER WU
23-03-2019, 01:58
Im talking about the porshe track and mugello etc etc, a lot of people i know are sick of monza, spa, and GT3.
These are personal preferences thats why i been racing the old 68 camero a bit because its a beast and why i also love the 78 lotus.
I like GT3 but when its all people do all the time it has to get boring lol

cpcdem
23-03-2019, 02:03
Im talking about the porshe track and mugello etc etc

I agree about Mugello, and the Porshe track (not as much as Mugello), but what does "etc etc" stand for? :)

Konan
23-03-2019, 07:44
Guys... It's Porsche :p

(but if you're Ross from friends it's "Porscha" lol)

cpcdem
23-03-2019, 13:59
Guys... It's Porsche :p

(but if you're Ross from friends it's "Porscha" lol)

Oops, sorry!

But it was Joey, not Ross :)

TorTorden
23-03-2019, 14:08
GT3 is probably the least interesting cars in game.

Maybe try anything else?

E_Luckow
23-03-2019, 15:38
So have you tried ALL tracks/cars combinations offered by Pcars2? Online?

Amazing.:rolleyes:

Konan
23-03-2019, 17:53
Oops, sorry!

But it was Joey, not Ross :)

Ah yes true... Should have gone with my first idea: Alan

http://youtu.be/BDvPeBGFVZw

cpcdem
23-03-2019, 18:01
Ah yes true... Should have gone with my first idea: Alan

http://youtu.be/BDvPeBGFVZw

Somehow I hadn't seen that episode! Nice!

cpcdem
23-03-2019, 21:55
Btw: Konan...it's "Alan"!

:p

Konan
24-03-2019, 05:04
Btw: Konan...it's "Alan"!

:p

Haha too late mate, i corrected that as soon as i noticed :cool:

cpcdem
24-03-2019, 10:28
Haha too late mate, i corrected that as soon as i noticed :cool:

Heh, I wouldn't had noticed it at all, if I had not seen you edited it also in my post :)