PDA

View Full Version : Can i use my own design when i play online?

vivaldi
15-05-2019, 14:48
Hi all

My question is if i can use my own design when i play online with other players.
Does the other players can see my design?

Thanks in advance for your responses and best regards.

DatHuski
15-05-2019, 19:52
Currently to the most of my knowledge, no. Yes you can select custom livery HOWEVER other players will not see it. So shortness; no

PostBox981
16-05-2019, 10:07
Yes you can, but only you will see it. All others will see a white car.

Bealdor
16-05-2019, 10:19
Yes you can, but only you will see it. All others will see a white car.

...or their own custom livery for this car, if they have one.

vivaldi
18-05-2019, 07:13
Thanks for your replies.

Thinking about the possibility of players having their own designs in online game, i can't belive a good product like PC2 has this handicap.
Sure this will be exciting for players and affect to grow the community.

Imperial Sardaukar
30-05-2019, 15:00
Can players not share and sync up their livery folders so that it shows the same and correct for everyone? Might not be the best for online pickup races but maybe for organized events?

PostBox981
30-05-2019, 19:48
You can only save one individual livery per car. So if everybody in the league uses a different car then you can synchronise them like you suggested. If though all drivers have to use the same car (or even some people use the same car) then it wonīt work as all individual liveries of a special car will look the same for you. You will see the livery that is saved on your computer even though people may have chosen completely different liveries.

vivaldi
31-05-2019, 08:01
really incredible that's not working in a game like PC2. i can't believe it. Only needed to send the livery with player code!

dault3883
01-06-2019, 16:09
really incredible that's not working in a game like PC2. i can't believe it. Only needed to send the livery with player code!

the problem is that the livery is saved onto your computers program files not into the games save file or an online file. Therefore its quite simple you have the file but some one else might have a different one. They dont have access to your program files its just the way SMS did it i know Sony and Gran turismo do it differently but thats just the way it is. I dont see this as a major issue though who cares what other peoples liveries look like, you dont see it for long when your passing them anyways. Pay attention to your marks so you can keep hitting them and clicking off fast lap times

vivaldi
02-06-2019, 04:51
the problem is that the livery is saved onto your computers program files not into the games save file or an online file. Therefore its quite simple you have the file but some one else might have a different one. They dont have access to your program files its just the way SMS did it i know Sony and Gran turismo do it differently but thats just the way it is. I dont see this as a major issue though who cares what other peoples liveries look like, you dont see it for long when your passing them anyways. Pay attention to your marks so you can keep hitting them and clicking off fast lap times

Obviously, the better solution is to not see the other cars :cool: Good solution!
The liveries can be on PC2 server and all is done.
Big fail for PC2.

Niki_T
11-05-2020, 14:27
I disagree! Any other sim which uses custom liveries has reached greater sales! People want to be recognized personally and when you see their car to now who that is. It is a statement. Also, in my opinion, once CODEMASTERS have overtaken SMS PC3,4,...8,9 WILL BE ARCADES AND NOT A SIM!

PawelK
11-05-2020, 14:40
I dont see this as a major issue though who cares what other peoples liveries look like, you dont see it for long when your passing them anyways. Pay attention to your marks so you can keep hitting them and clicking off fast lap times

^THIS

If you care so much about looks, play https://store.steampowered.com/app/878520/Sallys_Salon_Kiss__MakeUp/ not a racing sim.

Peregriner
24-05-2020, 00:03
^THIS

If you care so much about looks, play not a racing sim.

I disagree with this. I love racing, I love sim racing, but I am also a graphic designer. I have spent A LOT of time perfecting my liveries, and I would really like it to be seen by others when I am finished with it. I imagine a lot of livery designers want to show off their work when they're done. Its not game breaking by any stretch of the imagination, it would just be nice to have.

Peregriner
24-05-2020, 00:05
I disagree! Any other sim which uses custom liveries has reached greater sales! People want to be recognized personally and when you see their car to now who that is. It is a statement. Also, in my opinion, once CODEMASTERS have overtaken SMS PC3,4,...8,9 WILL BE ARCADES AND NOT A SIM!

How about we give them a chance before we take a huge dump on them.

satco1066
24-05-2020, 21:51

WRONG.
Very popular Raceroom has not one custom livery and it sells very well.
PCars does not officially support that but as you can check, the first custom MP compatible skin packs for AMS2 are popping out on Race department.
And this is definitely the same skinning system like pCARS 1/2.

PostBox981
25-05-2020, 07:18
WRONG.
Very popular Raceroom has not one custom livery and it sells very well.
PCars does not officially support that but as you can check, the first custom MP compatible skin packs for AMS2 are popping out on Race department.
And this is definitely the same skinning system like pCARS 1/2.

What do you mean with the bold parts? How can it be MP compatible when it is the same system as in PC2 where nobody sees your skin unless he loads it into his game files as well? Donīt get me wrong, not complainig about your post, only asking of which way the AMS2 system works.

satco1066
25-05-2020, 14:24
you'll have to exchange a full bff library. in AMS2 still one, in pCARS they use 2.
its is mp compatible, when you copy and replace in your folder. Not automatically. But it still works.
In public a bit hard, but great for leagues.

Watch here. It works ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCTshDGN35Y