PDA

View Full Version : G29 brake pedal problem.

GTR RACER 67
27-05-2019, 22:19
Hi guys, i was playing pc2 yestetday when all of a sudden the brakes engaged without me pressing the pedal. I recalibrated the pedals but issue persists. Tried pc1 and all is fine. Any advice much appreciated

Mincepie10
07-06-2019, 13:25
I had the same problem a while back. It was dirt in the actuators (? - whatever they are called). The solution was to take apart the pedals (I know, daunting) and spray some WD40 into the place where the electronic gizmo thingy is. There are a couple of videos on YouTube. Fixed the problem immediately. It's happened to me twice. Same fix, same happy result. There are lots of screws on the G29 - which I have, but otherwise it is a pretty easy job if you follow the YouTube video, anyway. One time I had to take apart the whole mechanism and clean the electronic whatevers (as you can see, I'm not very technical). The other time, I just sprayed in WD40. There seemed to be a debate about whether to use WD40 or something else. It worked for me and I've had at least a year of use since the last time I had to do it.

hkraft300
07-06-2019, 16:34
Electrical cleaning fluid is probably better. Like wd40 but doesn't leave a residue (ethanol-based I think).

Xx-Rickdj82-Xx
20-07-2019, 08:50
I have the same problem with my brake pedal, I used a product called Air Duster, basically compressed air in a can but its for use on computer equipment ethanol based like hkraft300 mentions, also started using his ffb settings the other week and my wheel feel a lot better for it, thanks hkraft300 for sharing them

Zaskarspants
20-07-2019, 09:08
Have a look at the HUD with the Speedo on. The red lines around the dial show the pedal input, if either are filickering you need to clean those pots. I found I had to do mine every six months roughly.

hkraft300
20-07-2019, 11:17
Have a look at the HUD with the Speedo on. The red lines around the dial show the pedal input, if either are filickering you need to clean those pots. I found I had to do mine every six months roughly.

I haven't cleaned mine in >1year!
I vac around the rig often though.

Zaskarspants
20-07-2019, 12:00

No cat I bet, it was mostly cat fur that bunged mine up.
My fanatec pedals are much more fluff resistant, no pots, hall effect sensors.

hkraft300
20-07-2019, 12:30
No cat.
We get dust though. Concrete supply place up the hill and lots of recent roadworks. Horrible to keep cars clean and my dumbarse has gone bought 2 black cars hadn't I :rolleyes:

MartinMWWebb
22-07-2019, 07:51

Dont think i have cleaned mine since having them :) (2-3 years ago now) we have dog + cat + children & they are stored in a dusty garage :D i must be pretty lucky