PDA

View Full Version : Spa is the most beautiful circuit in the world

PawelK
30-08-2019, 15:46
... or so they say ;-)

hkraft300
30-08-2019, 20:00
I love racing Spa in the wet.
But I'm not a fan of the heavy fog in the game. It's not wrc!

blinkngone
30-08-2019, 20:12
For snow you need to set it up like this.
Or you end up like this.
Heavy Fog is the pits.
Normal.
Blizzard.
Thunderstorm.
As hkraft said, fog is dangerous. It's kind of a toss up though, neither snow nor fog is good but with fog you aren't as traction limited. If I had to pick I'd pick fog.

PawelK
30-08-2019, 21:02
My screenshots are from an online race which changed from nice weather to that rain+fog+snow. Visibility was not so much of an issue for me, I know the track (though once I raced there in the night in a single-seater with no headlights, and the section before Blanchimont was pitch black and that was a problem :-) ).

But I did not expect the weather change, the rain/snow caught me right after La Source, so I had to survive almost a full lap on slicks in these conditions.

The funny thing was that apparently nobody expected the weather change: as far as I can tell everyone pitted for tires (or they quit). I mean, if anyone expected that, they would have started on wets and, with no pit stop, they would have finished far more than 30 seconds in front of those who pitted. But I finished 4th ~30 seconds behind the leader, having pitted for wets. Not sure why whoever set up that weather had to pit but maybe they did random weather.

Anyway, for me the race was even more challenging, because for a complicated reason related to my earlier experiments with fps, I did not start on time and was ~25 s behind the leaders on the 1st lap. So finishing 4th ~30 seconds behind the leader was not bad!

blinkngone
30-08-2019, 21:17
My screenshots are from an online race which changed from nice weather to that rain+fog+snow. Visibility was not so much of an issue for me, I know the track (though once I raced there in the night in a single-seater with no headlights, and the section before Blanchimont was pitch black and that was a problem :-) ).

But I did not expect the weather change, the rain/snow caught me right after La Source, so I had to survive almost a full lap on slicks in these conditions.

The funny thing was that apparently nobody expected the weather change: as far as I can tell everyone pitted for tires (or they quit). I mean, if anyone expected that, they would have started on wets and, with no pit stop, they would have finished far more than 30 seconds in front of those who pitted. But I finished 4th ~30 seconds behind the leader, having pitted for wets. Not sure why whoever set up that weather had to pit but maybe they did random weather.

Anyway, for me the race was even more challenging, because for a complicated reason related to my earlier experiments with fps, I did not start on time and was ~25 s behind the leaders on the 1st lap. So finishing 4th ~30 seconds behind the leader was not bad!

Cool.:cool: At least the ambient temperature was high enough that you could run the wets in the snow since it didn't stick.:)

thomasjohansen
03-09-2019, 21:11
one of my favorite spa pictures

Skylar_Schutz
04-09-2019, 08:56
https://youtu.be/Fz1DcraJx94

Formula C VR On-board at Spa.

murmur
21-11-2019, 16:14
Misty weather makes this circuit so atmospheric.