Page 146 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148 LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1472

Thread: Welcome - Introduce Yourself!

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Welcome to the forum
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

Rookie

Hi. I just dropped by to thank the SMS family. I'll be honest, I didn't like the first game but I've been playing PC2 for the past couple weeks and I have to say, it's better in every way. I used to casually lap around at Nordschleife with my friends back in GT5 days. No racing, just roaming around with friends. Back to back like 8 straight hours. Sadly one day my G27 had enough of my long ass sessions and decided to die. That was a sad day. It felt like I lost a big part of me. I lost the joyment I get to experience with my friends.. Years have passed without sim driving.

Anyways, I got a Oculus Rift S couple months back and I've been enjoying VR eversince. I tried PC1 in VR (with an xbox controller) but the physics of that game didn't feel right. For instance, I was lapping around the California Highway (I think it's called?) with an Audi R8. Couple times my car caught air and when I landed, my car would go from 200 to 0 in an instant and get stuck into the track. I had that issue couple times then I decided to uninstall it. But my sim racing itch needed scratching. I read some of the PC2 reviews on Steam and decided to get it. I put it on my wishlist and waited patiently. Couple weeks back it went on sale and I got it immediately. I started driving around in VR and oh boy! This game feels amazing, even with a gamepad! Especially when it's raining! I started playing the career mode and I completed like 5 championships on my first week. But something was missing. Something round shaped. At one point I went like "okay I have to do this properly".

So 2 days ago, I ordered a Thrustmaster TMX and wow, the difference it made.. It's hard to describe (especially when you consider my English is more like Engrish). All I'm gonna say is that PC2 gave me that feeling I had when I used to play GT5 and I can not thank you guys enough. A friend of mine, who is also into sim racing was bugging me to install Assetto Corsa for a long while. He was like "install this mod manager. then these mods. get this, get that". And I don't like doing that. I just want to launch a game and lap around. I mean hooking up the wheel and putting on the VR headset is hassle enough. I don't want to bother with installing mods and updating them on top of that. We were talking and I told him to go read my PC2 review. I'm just gonna quote a small part of it (well, when I say small... you probably noticed by now, I love rambling).

Anyways, on this one race, I started at practice. The weather was cloudy and it was drizzling. I drove around a bit and when I felt like I was ready, I went to qualifying. This time it was raining. I set a lap time and moved onto the race. But this time, it was heavily raining. I started the race and I was using the same brake points as I did in qualifying. Three laps in, I was leading the race but all of a sudden, I hit a standing water -which wasn't there the previous lap- and I spun out.

I lost 8 places and I only had 3 more laps to go. I decided to keep at it. Towards the end of the race more and more puddles started forming on the track and if I would go over them on full throttle, I would lose control of the car. So I had to adapt my driving style as the race progressed. In the end, I managed to come first and let me tell you, winning that race was so rewarding and satisfying.

The next race was in Nurburgring, combined track (the one with 154 corners and is roughly 25 KM's long). I skipped right into the race since I know that track like the back of my hand. I started at the back of the grid and by the time we were out of the GP circuit, I was in the lead. But the 2nd guy was right on my ass. Anyways, halfway through the first lap, my race engineer radios in and tells me that they're expecting rain. Towards the end of the first lap, it starts raining and my race engineer calls in again and advises me to pit in. In the last corner, my car starts sliding since I'm on slicks. We all are. I take his advice and pit in to switch to wet weather tires.

No one else pits in.

By the time I'm out of the pit lane I'm dead last with 45 seconds gap to 15th place. But the rain is getting heavier and they're on slicks. So couple minutes later, I catch up with P15 and the overtaking festival begins. After a while, I overtake everybody and by the time I finish the race, I had a full minute lead to P2.
    I didn't get a reply for a while. Few minutes later I got a message from him saying "I got the game and I'm downloading it right now". After a while we setup a lobby and started our first practice session. The track was Monza and weather was rainy. After the first chicane where you put down the hammer on the long right turn, he took the usual driving line. What he didn't notice was the puddle on the apex. I was right behind him and saw him hit the wall. At that point we were both laughing our asses off. We did like 5 races after that and during this time he was constantly saying "dude this is leaps ahead of PC1". I said to him, "alright so I don't have to install AC right?". He went "naa we're good. we're playing this".

Anyways, thanks for reading this long post and thank you for making an amazing game.
    Last edited by i liek turtals; 28-11-2019 at 22:50.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: cpcdem, Fiyah, Konan

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    And welcome to the forum

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hi! My name is Maria. Hope you will see that girls also can drive
    The following 2 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, PostBox981

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Welcome Maria, i never doubted that

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hey there people, I've been lurking around for almost a week now.
    Also, I feel like I made an introduction but I have posted it on the wrong thread so please accept my apology.
    See you guys around!
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    No problem... Welcome

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hello All. Bart from South Africa. I've been playing quite a few SIMs (PC) but none are as good and well rounded as this one. Congrats to SMS. Many years down the line it's still tops.
    Anyway, glad to be here.
    The following user likes this Post: Sankyo

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Welcome Bart

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Hi. I am expert in civil eng and architect.