Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: [PLEASE READ] How to report issues

Platform
    PC
    Hey guys,

gave the title an edit, so that people immediately know what the thread is about, even if they never heard of WMD.

Keep up the great support throughout the forum Team Gold
    The following user likes this Post: IJOJOI

Quote Originally Posted by Sik180sx View Post
    Hey guys de we have some dev acknowledgement about the 911 series wheels playin up on ps4?
    It's been reported often enough to warrant an investigation, I'm chasing this.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box
    Texture Res HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA MSAA Medium | Reflections HIGH | EnvMap HIGH | Vehicle ULTRA | Track ULTRA | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur OFF | Particle Quality HIGH | Particle Density HIGH | Crepuscular Rays ON | Heat Haze OFF | Stretched Headlights ON | Detailed Grass OFF
    With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say. || Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.
    The following user likes this Post: Sik180sx

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    It's been reported often enough to warrant an investigation, I'm chasing this.
    Thankyou very much mate,i definately appreciate all the effort you guys are putting in post release.
    The following user likes this Post: ironik

Platform
    PC
    Hello guys,

I would like to ask few questions regarding certain imperfections or missing features in the game. I would like to know whether SMS have plans to address them in the future and what is the current state or priority of fixing them. Since some of these are a tiny details, I'm not sure whether SMS are even aware of it and plan to fix it. But I believe that people who bought triple 4k G-Sync screens and two NVIDIA Titan Z cards connected in SLI solely for the purpose of maximal enjoyment of virtual cars in Project CARS would heavily appreciate it.

Thanks.

Disabling drops of water only on lenses of around-the-track cameras
    It's great we have these water effects, but that does not mean it have to be everywhere. Real-life cameras have their lenses protected from rain drops.

Showroom or virtual 3D garage in the game
    In early builds, there was a 3D garage. In later builds, there was a "dev note" in car selection menu that teased something like a showroom. More can be found in this Steam forum thread.

In-game music player for locally stored audio files
    More can be found in this Steam forum thread.

Structured buglist and wishlist with user votings
    More can be found in this Steam forum thread.

Proper masking of car lights and other effects
    It is still present even in the latest builds of the game. Example here. Another here.

Smooth motion when the camera is making a turn
    Why is it impossible during gameplay to look around the car so smoothly as in photo mode? The current choppy and non-smooth movements look ugly. Is it something on purpose that I do not understand?

Similar ugly movements are also present in many replay views, for example in this video:

Time 18:05
    Time 18:14
    Time 21:06
    Time 21:29
    Time 22:21
    Time 22:45
    Time 23:01
    Time 26:08

Proper reflections of (brake) lights on the dry surface seems exaggerated
    It makes an impression it is wet. Yet it is dry. It can have negative impact on gameplay.

Improved smoke effects
    Although smoke effects got better in latest builds, it still look strange, artificial. Smoke particles in other games look much more realistic.

Sloppy camera in the start of the race
    Have a look at this frame-by-frame GIF (that frame with external view is always the 1st) from the start of this video. The timing of the fade in effect/HDR compensation is wrong. Another car and similar, but not identical, bug.

More sophisticated cockpit animations
    I'm aware that manual shifting animations can't be as brief as the shifting itself, since animation take some time to be performed, while shifts needs to be registered by the game immediately in order to reduce input lag. I would love to see optional "predictive preparations for manual shifts" system to prevent sloppy shift animations. It is very well visible on this video. On only one sligthly-strange-looking situation, there are dozens of cases when predictive shifting looks absolutely natural and far better in comparison with pCARS.

In this video of build 887 at 2:25, mainly the rapid and multi-level downshifting looks absolutely terrible. If the hand stay on the gear stick for some more miliseconds, it won't hurt anyone and will look much more natural.

The same video at time 1:26: the steering wheel of LMP2 prototype car has barely 500 degrees, yet the driver tend to raise his hands in utmost positions, which is unrealistic.

In another video at 00:40, the right hand collide with steering wheel while making a shift at the same time.

Why does the driver raise his hands even when it is not needed?
    Last edited by andrewz; 08-05-2015 at 10:48.
    The following user likes this Post: wwwHolmiz

Rookie
    First - the game itself rocks! But the Oculus Rift support must be a lot better!
    I think I read somewhere that GUI for VR are on the way - and that I like!

But I want more from replays and "ingame-videos". Today they are at most "ok".

Examples:

When a race starts, the camera is fixed, so when you move your head the world is "following you". Feels very strange. The camera can still move in its position but where the "lens" is pointing - should be handled by the rift.

Replays: Same here as described above. Never force the camera in a direction... For us in VR it's a perfect way for us to get ill and puke...

Replays: I want more alternatives. Helicopter-view, passenger-view (when it's possible. Would be great to be a passenger and know the driver..., close-to-left-front-wheel and so on...

Garage: With VR and the games so well made cars I really want the possibility to "walk-around" the cars. Take a closer look at all the details, look under the car and under the hood. Please!!!! I am a car-junkie - I know.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: andrewz, CptAhnungslos, Fendar, IJOJOI

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by TenthDan View Post
    That's a terrible attitude. You could provide some questions first as there are many helpful and experienced Project CARS people here that will help you get it working correctly (which it should).
    I bought this game primarily on the basis of it having Oculus Rift support.

As far as I can see there is no 3D VR support in the in-game menus. Because I have to start the Rift before I start the game, this means the two halves of the menu overlap each other when viewed through the head mounted display and can't be navigated through. The only way to get into the driving seat is by doing a 'dry run' of the keystrokes required to get to a race using a monitor, close down the game and fire it up through the Rift, playing back those keystrokes. Once in game the 3D VR seems fine (although because it's so difficult to get to I've barely tested it).

To this end the VR experience is effectively broken, and Project CARS should really think about pulling any mention of Oculus from their promotional material until they fix it. I've just paid full whack for a game that promised VR gameplay, and it's not there.

Sadly I might have to see if I can get a refund, not sure if this is possible with Steam. Quite annoyed and very disappointed.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rodti View Post
    I bought this game primarily on the basis of it having Oculus Rift support.

<snip>

To this end the VR experience is effectively broken, and Project CARS should really think about pulling any mention of Oculus from their promotional material until they fix it. I've just paid full whack for a game that promised VR gameplay, and it's not there.

Sadly I might have to see if I can get a refund, not sure if this is possible with Steam. Quite annoyed and very disappointed.
    I would urge you to stick with it, while it is being worked on.
    In game OR support is great, VRFocus loved it but yes the menus are not OR friendly at the moment. Like the OR itself, support is still in development.
    i5 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 | MSI GTX970 TF V OC 4GB | 8 gig ram | Win7 Home 64bit | BenQ 27" 1080p | T500RS wheel & pedals | DIY 'H' & sequential shifters via Bodnar BU0836 | Symprojects DLC-247 controlled gauges | Buttonbox via Bodnar BU0836X

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” - Aldous Huxley

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by ironik View Post
    Try to reduce the Force feedback parameter.(80-75%)
    Is your gamepad firmware up to date?
    yes mate ive updated my pad still having the same problem ive tried changing the force feedback to what you said and im still getting random steerink lock to the left or right sometimes the steering feels delayed and then it will be ultra sensitive.

Rookie
    is there any chance of a patch coming out soon cuz if no im gonna have to get a refund i cant afford to spend 50 pound on something that is unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Petethefeet View Post
    is there any chance of a patch coming out soon cuz if no im gonna have to get a refund i cant afford to spend 50 pound on something that is unplayable.
    Please go to the appropriate thread. There are already plenty of suggestions for Xbox controller configs.
    WHEEL: Thrustmaster T500RS, CSWv2 CASE: Zalman Z11+ ll MOBO: ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO ll CPU: i7 2600K @ 4,5 Ghz ll GPU: R9 390X @ 1200Mhz ll RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz ll SSD: SAMSUNG PRO EVO 250GB ll HDD: SAMSUNG Spinpoint 2TB ll Windows 10 x64 ll