Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Career Mode Discussion Thread

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I believe this was already mentioned somewhere...

[Bug Report] Car clips pitwall on exit (Historic TC5 UK@Donington, v1.3)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-05-27_00001_small.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	154.2 KB 
ID:	204754

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by jgaganas View Post
    [Bug Report] Player-Car not visible in garage (gets visible as soon car starts to get out). RTC1 UK Cup @ Snetterton 200 (BMW 1M if it's car related).

Attachment 204550
    Can anybody repro this?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Is there a way to disable rain conditions on the personal computer version? I have searched for the ability to turn off rain but could not find an answer. I am having the luck of rain quite often and I want to turn it off.
    PC & XBOX

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by ajd440ex View Post
    Is there a way to disable rain conditions on the personal computer version? I have searched for the ability to turn off rain but could not find an answer. I am having the luck of rain quite often and I want to turn it off.
    Career mode has Scripted weather so can't be turned off

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks for responding Rob. I started my career in GT3 and have been racing in every invitational race. the only races that have had no rain are the 125cc Karts. Rain is a great addition but not in every race weekend and invitational. I am tired of it raining on my career.
    PC & XBOX

Platform
    PC
    Started the WEC Endurance Championship and not having a good time so far! First race in Spa (I set to 4 hours) I lost what could've been an easy GT4 class victory after my engine blew up and had to retire. I think it's the result of me slightly tagging a LMP1 car when it did an emergency brake after Eau Rouge which caught me out after it had trouble lapping another GT4 car! Though the car didn't blow up until 2 laps after the initial contact, strangely on replays it showed smoke constantly bellowing out but I don't see this while I was driving? I would have pitted in otherwise if I seen how severe the damage was!

Second race in Le Mans (set to 12 hrs) was going fine and kept out of trouble for the first few hours. As I needed to do something in between I changed to the AI driver during the pit stop and let it do its stint. An hour and a half gone I was readying up for the change as it was approaching the pit lane with 0.5 litres of fuel... but then it proceeded to carry on to the next lap! "Noooooo pit in!" I yelled as I was scrambling to find the pit in button but it was too late, the car spluttered to a halt at the Dunlop Curves and blew yet another potential class win! Thanks a lot AI Driver!

My question really is whether the AI Driver is aware of needing to pit in automatically when required or does it need manual intervention to send it in? Obviously on really long Endurance races it would really help if the AI knows when to pit in case if I'm not available for say like 2-3 hours and then resume after. Otherwise I better switch the auto-pilot off for the future races (and in turn crank down the hours of the race).
    Last edited by PatchySan; 28-05-2015 at 14:47.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PatchySan View Post
    My question really is whether the AI Driver is aware of needing to pit in automatically when required or does it need manual intervention to send it in?
    In my case it is rather random if the AI obeys your pit request fall. 90% of the time he/she ignores the request, or pits when not told to. It is quite frustrating as a few of my 100% endurance races have met an unfortunate end this way.
    ~Bailey

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Career mode progression
    What sort out of position do you need to be in come end of the championship to progress to the next tier is 5th enough?

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky28 View Post
    Career mode progression
    What sort out of position do you need to be in come end of the championship to progress to the next tier is 5th enough?
    Hard to say for sure as it appears quite random but every time I've finished lower than 2nd (2 times) I've had offers in the same tier next time around.
    Gaming on PS4 XBoxOne PS3 Xbox360 MAC

PSN: slypuss7881
    XBL: slypuss7881

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Is there any way to change your car in the career?