Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Career Mode Discussion Thread

Platform
    PC

Career Mode Discussion Thread

The Career Mode is the single player core experience of Project CARS.

It's the place for YOU to make history in the world of motorsports!

To give you a good start, head over to the Career Section of the official Project CARS website or watch the latest In-Depth Career video:

If you have any questions or want to share your career stories, post them here!
    Last edited by Bealdor; 07-05-2015 at 20:54.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Shinzah, ukfan758

Platform
    PC
    When I start a new career I'll try to post here with my career progress ^^; On controller for the next weeks so it might be difficult o.o;
    Self Proclaimed Captain of the WMD Debate team. Unofficial WMD spellchecker. I once corrected The Stig!

Gaming System 3rd Generation Intel Core Processor I5 3570k @ 4.2ghz (Corsair H60), Asus P8z77-v LX, 640gb WD Caviar Blue Primary, 1tb WD Caviar Green Data/Backup, 1tb Toshiba Tertiary backup, 8gb Corsair Dominator 1333mhz DDR3 (@1600mhz), Galaxy 4gb Geforce 680GTX
    New Blackberry Playbook Charger/Project Box Acer 3613LCI (Celeron M 370 1.5ghz, 2gb ram, 40gb hdd) Windows XP
    Wheels: Fanatec GT3 RS V2 (RIP) Logitech Driving Force GT (RIP)
    Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Edition
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Sony Dualshock 3

SteamID:Shin321

SBJS Team Driver in NCS PC Division

The following user likes this Post: James99

Platform
    PC
    Looking forward to it!
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit

The following 2 users likes this Post: Shinzah, ukfan758

Superkart Pilot
    I just entered my first non-race session, in this case a practice session. It's an invitational event, the Road TD Brands Showdown.

But the Monitor option during practice is greyed out and can't be used, even when cars are out on track? I've seen in videos that you can view other cars on track while in your garage so why is this greyed out?

Also in the pause menu for races I've done so far, the Retire To Pit/Box option is also greyed out. Are we unable to simply retire from a session via the pause menu? Seems odd.

Platform
    PC
    1. The pit monitor option will only be available when you where on the track for once at least
    2. The retire to pits option becomes available after ~1 lap

Superkart Pilot
    Ah damn, feel a bit daft now.

Thank you.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Joethe147 View Post
    Ah damn, feel a bit daft now.

Thank you.
    You don't have to. It's not explained anywhere. I just know it from experience playing the game (which you can't have obviously).

I do have one question; I know career mode at the moment is primarily single player, although I've heard rumours here and there of the mention of co-op career. For me, and friends I play with, the biggest disappointment for us is the lack of drivers we can have on track when playing together. We both play on the Xbox One, and online you can have a maximum of 16 drivers, either players or AI. In single player however, you can have more than double that, making the single player far more appealing to play. It would be nice to see either an increase in the number of AI allowed in private matches online, or to implement a co-op career feature to allow two players to play either against, or with one another whilst in a more dense grid of cars - which was actually one of the factors within the game that caught so many peoples interest.

Is there any news on anything like this being implemented or in the works? Would love to know!

Superkart Pilot
    I'm going to guess that increasing the field number online might make for a less smooth experience and that's why there isn't more. I'm sure in an ideal world, there would be more.

Who knows though, maybe in future.

Quote Originally Posted by Joethe147 View Post
    I'm going to guess that increasing the field number online might make for a less smooth experience and that's why there isn't more. I'm sure in an ideal world, there would be more.

Who knows though, maybe in future.
    For online I could imagine this being an issue, for co-op career, or even just allowing additional AI cars in online private races - it would be nice. Having 40+ players in a session I can imagine causing huge problems, but AI drivers? - Even 2 player career with AI, I can't imagine much problems with that. I don't know though, just something that would be awesome to have. Multiplayer feels a bit empty at the minute.