The following user likes this Post: Reiche

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    no, only pc

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    ik doing the son my mac with the dds file and then i put it on my windows pc but it doesn't work?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I have a little problem, whene i go to a race for fun, i can choose my custom liverie, but when i go to my career, one day i run with my custom liverie, and the other, it chage to a random liverie and they dont let me change my skin.
    Why i can change my skin like this, but wont change in my career?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtyuiop07 View Post
    I have a little problem, whene i go to a race for fun, i can choose my custom liverie, but when i go to my career, one day i run with my custom liverie, and the other, it chage to a random liverie and they dont let me change my skin.
    Why i can change my skin like this, but wont change in my career?
    the career skins are pre-assigned to your race team. the only time you can change them is if you are running in an invitational event.
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 980 Ti SC ACX 2.0+ | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | Formula Black Rim
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS (mostly A-10)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Ok...I have doing some of my custom-made livery but unfortunately I'm can't post it here because I'm still really "noob" at this area at the moment but I can give some tips about how to create your own livery especially for noobs...

1. Study the layout of car body first before applying some stuffs. Templates will actually helps you to know what kind of body part of the car.
    2. For the best experience, use the PNG format picture file when loading into the image editor especially when you want to put logo brands and other kind stuffs. If jpg files are used, you might need to remove the white or black background first and save it into PNG file.
    3. You can preview the livery that just applied by viewing it inside the garage and to refresh it, simply select other livery and return to custom livery back. You can use photo mode to observe the livery that you just applied.
    4. You can load multiple layers of image during designing the custom livery but remember that all layers must me flattened or merged down into a single layer image before saving it and don't merging down with the template layer as you might losing it when saving multiple times, means you can't undo that thing!
    5. Make sure that the image layer does not exceed the canvas area of the template layer. Been doing that thing and the result it you found the image stretched and produces such ugly pixel on the livery.
    6. Make backup of the image layer and save it into one layer group and make it non-visible. This is really useful when you can't undo it further just to edit some tiny detail of the livery.
    7. If you want to edit your livery work on next day, better save your work on .xcf or .psd format and don't rely on .dds file to save more layer stuffs because it will remove the rest of unused layers after exporting as .dds file.
    Last edited by amirzaim; 14-08-2017 at 10:59.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Another tip for adjusting wheel liveries:

1. You can only coloring the wheel livery, period.
    2. Study the shape and properties of wheel first before doing coloring of the wheel livery.
    3. Apply the same wheel livery color on both '...WHEEL_DIFF.dds" and "...WHEEL_DIFF_BLUR.dds". Save the color adjustment value so you can save more time to apply on other side.