Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One Controller: Settings, Problems & Solutions

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    With joypad connected to One with USB cable, headphones work and improves steering.

Umer Ahmad
    Are people trying to play project CARS with "wireless" controllers? No, absolutely not the correct way.

Platform
    PC
    Umer i would imagine most people are it's the defacto standard on PS4 and XB1, it's obvious that the lag will be an issue now it's pointed out but I didn't even consider it until now.
    CPU: i5 3570 @ 4.2GhZ | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1866 MHz | Board: Gigabyte Z77-DH3
    GP: GTX 960 4Gb
    SDD: Samsung Evo 850 512Gb

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Umer Ahmad View Post
    Are people trying to play project CARS with "wireless" controllers? No, absolutely not the correct way.
    Please explain, seeing as lag isn't the issue and wifi works perfectly well with any other racing / driving game, why for project car's does the controller need to be wired? How will a wired controller alter the lock to lock ratio?
    The following user likes this Post: Initia1 B

Umer Ahmad
    Just everyone bust out your USB cables and give it a restart. I've seen some people post that it fixed a couple issues.

Personally I would not trust "wireless" anything for a sim like this game.

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wraithsrike View Post
    It's the lock to lock that's the problem, the smallest movement on the toggle puts the steering & wheels to full lock even though the toggle is no where near full left or right.

It should be toggle full left steering on full left lock and of course like wise right at the moment it's toggle 3 millimetres to the right and the steering is on full right lock there just isn't enough room to do smooth steering inputs, I'm no software guy but I can't see how this would be difficult to correct, T10 & polyphonic seem to be able to get this spot on even without the need for over complex user settings.
    Are you sure you have the latest software for your controller?
    2500K @ 4.2/ 380X / TX 458, Xbox elite controller / Single 1080p monitor

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Umer Ahmad View Post
    Just everyone bust out your USB cables and give it a restart. I've seen some people post that it fixed a couple issues.

Personally I would not trust "wireless" anything for a sim like this game.
    It could be that, when connected, it installs the latest controller update / firmware. I don't think it always does it automatically though.
    2500K @ 4.2/ 380X / TX 458, Xbox elite controller / Single 1080p monitor

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooseone View Post
    Are you sure you have the latest software for your controller?
    I experience exactly what wraithsrike says, I'm on latest updates for console and pads. There are no lag issues with any other game, there never has been either on 360 or xbox one that I am aware of, pretty sure lag is a thing of the past with wireless pads.

But to ensure facts I've just attached my USB cable (I have plug n play anyway so is connected at least once a week) but still no change, I've adjusted all variables mentioned across multiple sites and still the level of input and the input speed do not match the game result.
    Last edited by HLR Joker; 08-05-2015 at 21:29.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Non, i've always been connected and i have steering problems! One thing i have noticed, in straight line, when tapping the joystick left or right to adjust my line, sometime (1out of 8-10?) it steer way more, resulting in a lost of control, i'll try to make a video of it!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    What!? Is that some sort of excuse?