Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One Controller: Settings, Problems & Solutions

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I've disabled the wheel/driver in the cockpit view, along with a mixture of settings posted here

for some reason not seeing the wheel turn makes driving easier

slowly starting to like the game now, hated it at first

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    It makes no sense to tinker with the settings as long as the lock to lock ratio problem persists, the only thing we can do is wait for a patch that solves the issue.

Hopefully they have time to fix this before the game is released in US
    Last edited by Ixoye56; 08-05-2015 at 23:16.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    So.. I tried to force the Stability control on OFF and it was better, i don't know maybe someone can try it too? It's late i'll do further test tomorrow!

I also noticed that they were differences in mode 2 and 3 between Xbox one et PC, in Steering deadzone and Steering sensitivity (in mode 3 the number are inverted or so), is it normal?
    The following user likes this Post: cedric1997

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Also,would it be too rude to suggest,maybe putting the controller settings into the pause menu? Making it a lot easier to change things on the fly,rather than exit game,go to menu,change settings,reload practice,drive for a bit to get tyres up to temp,find out the settings didn't work...rinse and repeat.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: cedric1997, Dazza1976, gds1972, Hammerpgh, MuddyGore6

Kart Driver
    Also,would it be too rude to suggest,maybe putting the controller settings into the pause menu? Making it a lot easier to change things on the fly,rather than exit game,go to menu,change settings,reload practice,drive for a bit to get tyres up to temp,find out the settings didn't work...rinse and repeat.

This has been made possible when in an online lobby. Simply press the start button and select help & options. So why not in an offline race ? God only knows.

Thinking about it, it makes sense to use your own private online lobby to do the testing.
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    After going with wired controller instead of wireless it works great for me. Sure, the whole stick travel is not used but no more sudden spin outs, i feel in control now.

Steering DZ and Sens 0
    Throttle DZ 10 Sens 40
    Brake DZ 10 Sens 30
    Speed sens 70
    Controller Filtering 50

Input mode 3 and all advanced settings on except for Opposite Lock Help.

Platform
    PC
    I've just created a guide on Steam, may as well paste it here:

These settings have been created for myself using Pro Handling and manual gears. After hours of experimenting, I'm satisfied they can't get much better, well for my driving style anyway. I hope you have as much success with them as I have.

Steering Deadzone: 5
    Steering Sensitivity: 0
    Throttle Deadzone: 0
    Throttle Sensitivity: 0
    Brake Deadzone: 5
    Brake Sensitivity: 10
    Speed Sensitivity: 70
    Controller Filtering Sensitivity: 55
    Controller Input Mode: 2
    Advanced: Off

During testing I found that Speed Sensitivity and Controller Filtering Sensitivity to be the 2 most important to get right. If the speed sensitivity is too high, you'll not be able to turn enough at high speed, too low and you'll lose control at the slightest of touch.

Controller Flitering Sensitivity is also tricky to get right, what might work fine for high speed cars, might not work for slower cars - especially Karts. Too high and it will feel OK for long, gradual corners, but when you move to karts or other tight turns, you'll not be able to turn in enough, meaning that everyone undercuts you.

As mentioned, I use manual gears and if you do too and use cars that are very powerful, I find that shifting up a gear to avoid high revs will keep the car under control coming out of tight corners.

Hope they help.
    Case: Zalman Z11 Plus CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Graphics Card: MSI Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming 5 RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro Storage: Kingston v300 120GB, Seagate SSHD 2TB PSU: Corsair CX600 OS: Windows 10

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by wraithsrike View Post
    Guys it's nothing to do with how difficult the game or the AI might or might not be, there is a steering issue, the steering either locks left or right or its so sensitive even the slightest touch of the toggle puts the steering on full lock even at low speeds, and snap oversteer is mostly uncontrollable, I've played both PC and console racers for years this isn't a learning curve problem it's a game problem.

People all over are reporting this issue I'm just hoping the development team are listening.

This game is awesome but this is a game killer for a lot of people as it renders it unplayable.
    I have to agree! Hopefully there will be a patch soon.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Well, I've spent 2 sessions trying to get a reasonable result with the steering and am giving up for now until a patch is issued. I've dropped the sensitivity right down, put the most amount of controller filerting on, and slowed the steering rack right down for cars and it is still unbearably twitchy.

I've had to disable force feedback too, as tapping the brakes causes 2 seconds of continued rumble for seemingly no reason, rumble triggers don't work for me either.

Umer Ahmad
    One silver lining: The XB1 controller seems to work fine/better on PCs so you guys won't have to buy anything further. You have the right equipment. It's a matter of the programmer(s) solving this on XB1 consoles.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cedric1997, Yobbo NZ