Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One Controller: Settings, Problems & Solutions

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    There's also no vibration/feedback on the triggers under accel or braking.
    Last edited by r3c14im3r; 08-05-2015 at 02:52.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    What I don't understand with the controller setup is that full steering lock is achieved with the steering joystick only moved about 60%. It gets to full steering lock at 60%, and the rest of the joystick movement has no effect.

Anyway, got mine working using a CronusMax and my old XB360 wireless speed wheel, but had to write a CronusMax script to reduce the full lock throw on the steering joystick axis.

Is there a description somewhere of what the modes 1,2 and 3 are?
    Last edited by tarbat; 08-05-2015 at 00:25.

WMD Member
    if the vibration on the triggers doesnt stop, consistent, turn ffb to 0 to work around. its known.

Make sure the XB1 controller firmware is updated to latest as well.

Some reports of hyper sensitivity on xbox have been resolved by reinstalling the game. YMMV.
    CPU: i7 4790K. MOBO: Asus Maximus VII gene. RAM: 16GB Kingston hyper x @ 1600Mhz. GPU: GTX 780 PSU: Seasonic Platinum 750W CPU COOLER: Corsair H105.Chassis: Lian Li PC-359B OS: Win 8.1 x64 Display: LG 21:9 2560x1080

Current Input
    : G27 | Xbox 360 controller - no assists
    The following user likes this Post: Remco Van Dijk

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by E60MRedFusion View Post
    I managed to work this out guys... Set ur steering deadline to zero. Problem solved...

There is another issue tho... The vibration is all over the place. U can't get a good feel for oversteer or understeer or brake locking. I know the settings can be changed so if anyone has altered them please let us know.
    Yeah Im also having this issue. Was initially thinking it was my controller but Ill give this a go later when I get home. Thanks...

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by DUST2DEATH View Post
    Some reports of hyper sensitivity on xbox have been resolved by reinstalling the game. YMMV.
    Also make sure you let it install fully before launching.
    Windows 7 Professional / Core i7 950 / 12Gb Corsair Vengeance RAM / Asus GTX760 / 240GB OCZ SSD (OS + CARS) / Many other drives / Xbox One Controller / Thrustmaster TX

Project CARS Oceania Facebook Page - for all your future Oceanic region championships and news.
    Project CARS Oceania Website

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by E60MRedFusion View Post
    I managed to work this out guys... Set ur steering deadline to zero. Problem solved...
    Where can I find the setting for Steering Deadline?

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixoye56 View Post
    Where can I find the setting for Steering Deadline?
    Help and Options > Controls > Configuration > Steering Deadzone
    Windows 7 Professional / Core i7 950 / 12Gb Corsair Vengeance RAM / Asus GTX760 / 240GB OCZ SSD (OS + CARS) / Many other drives / Xbox One Controller / Thrustmaster TX

Project CARS Oceania Facebook Page - for all your future Oceanic region championships and news.
    Project CARS Oceania Website

Platform
    XBOX1
    The Game have overly sensitive steering, I have tried all possible settings, but nothing helps to get rid of the hypersensitive steering, except if I use the "Steering Assistance" then it feels almost like Forza! I hope there will be a fix for the sensitive control, otherwise it is unplayable without using assists for me.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    The Game have overly sensitive steering, I have tried all possible settings, but nothing helps to get rid of the hypersensitive steering, except if I use the "Steering Assistance" then it feels almost like Forza! I hope there will be a fix for the sensitive control, otherwise it is unplayable without using assists for me.
    I'm the opposite,I found the assist made it harder to turn.With the Karts,you almost have to stop dead to get it to turn,turning off the assisted steering,the thing turns on a dime.But then it makes it difficult if you start to counter steer,as it's very twitchy.
    The following user likes this Post: the chillmaxx

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    That's because full steering lock is achieved with the steering joystick only moved about 60%. It gets to full steering lock at 60%, and the rest of the joystick movement has no effect. I don't know if this a bug, or if this was a deliberate design decision.
    Last edited by tarbat; 08-05-2015 at 03:13.