Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One Controller: Settings, Problems & Solutions

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper8758 View Post
    Every single major game that releases has issues, and I mean every single one. I have been playing console games for upwards of over 15 years. When the 360 came around i dont even remember one game released that did not come with a day one patch, same goes for the Xbox 1 and I have had it since launch. Yes it sucks that they are having issues but you have to understand that the game is approved,packaged and shipped about a month before it ever hits store shelves. Most QA testing is done 3-4 months or longer before release date. Things are going to fall through the cracks, it happens. How the devs respond is what matters. If you think that this game is bad for a release try owning Halo Master Chief Collection on Day 1. Now that from 343 was a colossal failed launch, and its still not fixed.

Be patient even if its hard, I had the same issues and now I have zero problems driving any car in the game as it sits right now. Like I said in a previous post, practice, use some of the guidance in here to get your settings managable and learn how to control the throttle and brake. If you just mash the gas all the time your going to spin out. If you slam on the brake in a turn your not going to turn. Its common sense to be honest. Yes their are things that we cant control(IE wheel lock), but not every car is undriveable trust me. I love this game, yes it has issues that need to be fixed but it looks like the devs are doing what they can to do that. They cant control how long it take microsoft to test the patch and release it, thats on MS. My only real complaint is that I cant find a game online on the Xbox 1 for some reason.

This a true racing sim and their is a learning curve if you have never played one. This is not Forza or even close. My 7 year old niece can turn world record lap times in Forza, thats not a racing sim. This takes time to master and I wouldnt expect anything different
    1. True sim or not there is a confirmed flaw with the controls on xb1
    2. It's a very rare thing when a dev acknowledges all issues, please applaud / encourage this and not shoot it down
    3. The game is huge, let's give them a break for an error which probably happened under (accountancy) pressures we may not be aware of
    4. Damn this should be great once fixed :-)

Finally when complaining about "Wasted money" try to think about hours of entertainment per pound / dollar or whatever currency, even with the issues, I've had more value than I would get from an evening out for a meal or cinema, pub, club etc. once fixed I hope to get hundreds of hours, what else would give you that for 40.00 ish.

Now can we have the patch please ;-))

Dazza
    Last edited by Dazlingdazza; 15-05-2015 at 22:05.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Darth Bambi 83, gds1972, iampwd, TRG INSANE

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazlingdazza View Post
    Finally when complaining about "Wasted money" try to think about hours of entertainment per pound / dollar or whatever currency, even with the issues, I've had more value than I would get from an evening out for a meal or cinema, pub, club etc. once fixed I hope to get hundreds of hours, what else would give you that for 40.00 ish.

Now can we have the patch please ;-))

Dazza
    Three hours of frustration does not amount to good value for me. I will continue writing a bad review each day I get no joy.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Mr Chow vs Yoda, WadidiWadudu

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Have been following this page since purchasing the Xbox One version at launch. I have been a racing game/sim fan for many years and have also had some real life racing experience.

Yes, I understand that due to the more technical nature of games these days, a lot will contain some small issues. However, we are talking about a racing game here. In my opinion, the main draw of a racing game is not the graphics or the car/track roster, it is the handling! Now for a racing game to ship with broken controls is simply unacceptable.
    I have tried many different controller setups with mixed success, some cars are just ok, others are terrible.
    I am not blind, I can see that there is a decent game lurking behind the messy controls.
    I know that this issue had been accepted by the developers on day 1 but we are now over a week later without a fix.
    I was going to trade this in the day after I bought it but the trade in value was already only half what I paid for it!!! Massively disappointing.

So please fix this asap and show you do care for your paying customers.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Birdman, Ixoye56, johnbowler300, Mr Chow vs Yoda

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I absolutely agree. Game is completely unplayable. I can't make the first turn! The steering locks up on me AND all sound cuts out when I hit the brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixoye56 View Post
    It's the same for me, I have tried all suggestions available, but nothing works, the game is unplayable in current status, It is completely incomprehensible that this problem has been unobserved by all "beta testers" !!!!!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Mr Chow vs Yoda, WadidiWadudu

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I've gone through and tried all the suggestions for xbox one controller. I'm going to park it and wait and hope this gets fixed. So sad as I have waiting for a good karting sim for years. Thought I was going to be having a blast today. I really hope this can be resolved. Other games have managed. Forza is playable with controller so I would think it is possible.

Thank you,
    tobias.
    The following user likes this Post: Mr Chow vs Yoda

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I just got the game today, racing is my main genre. Hours of my life spent in forza 2 onwards, and countless other games. I'm hoping this thread works. So disappointed with Project Cars. I have had several different wheel setups through the years, also raced with controller. Using the controller today, and so glad I didn't buy a rig. Went to my best track. Time trial in mitsubishi evo. Car was crash prone, and felt out of control. Steering was over sensitive and ridiculous. Are you freaking kidding me? Thinking about taking the game back but going to give it 24 hours and try again adjusting settings. Looks like a waste of money so far, and that really sucks, I was disappointed with Forza 5 and had high hopes for project cars.

Rating:F
    Main Issue: Unplayable

Tweaky Tuned
    Last edited by Mr Chow vs Yoda; 16-05-2015 at 19:57.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixoye56 View Post
    The Game have overly sensitive steering, I have tried all possible settings, but nothing helps to get rid of the hypersensitive steering, except if I use the "Steering Assistance" then it feels almost like Forza! I hope there will be a fix for the sensitive control, otherwise it is unplayable without using assists for me.
    I agree but Forza with no assist is sweet. Steering assist on project cars feels like trying to run with a wheel barrow full of dirt. Wow, I just read through several pages of complaints, I really had no idea, I thought I might be the only person mentioning something in this thread. I can't believe it either. The recipe for success in this genre is a great racing game, with support for the community. I know like forza , but they have strayed from this model, leaving the door wide open for another game to take over. So disappointed!

It's not like some of us don't have experience. I've been racing some of these tracks 10 years! I got out on Nurburgring, excited...hit the gas in the Evo... Car started twitching and freaking out..lol.. I get things under control and rear end whips out and I spun off into the rail? Rofl, I thought no way! And the same thing keeps happening? Wtf?

Well I hate to be rude, I really do. I had hoped to spend the rest of the day just racing, that latest 30 minutes, lol. I wonder though, is this fixable? I'm not optimistic, but maybe so.. Good luck fixing it, wouldn't mind my money back either.

Way back in forza 3
    http://youtu.be/S1DoM0apJ0c

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbowler300 View Post
    I absolutely agree. Game is completely unplayable. I can't make the first turn! The steering locks up on me AND all sound cuts out when I hit the brakes.
    The only class of cars i've been able to play is the GT3's. stumbled down the list of cars trying every one until i got to the McLaren GT3 and the Jaguar GT3 - first track was Willow Springs but i've also done Imola, Zolder and Laguna Seca. All are fine. I'm using the standard XB1 controller with it set to setting/mapping 3 (near the bottom of the list), all the deadzones to 0, the steering sensitivity to 0, throttle and brake sense to 10, the speed sensitivity to 65 and the filtering to 65 too...advance filtering thingys are off and i've dumbed down the graphics a little with lens flares and a few others off. FFB is also off as thats coming in the patch i think. Gears to manual and afew buttons customised to brake bias and pit confirm.

Until the patch comes out i've found these cars the only ones i can race - i dont mean tip-toe around the track - i mean full on racing, slipstream, outbraking, nimble turns - the way it should be. there are a few setup tweeks needing done to suit each track/car but i've been so happy doing the GT3s i've started racing a career mode.

I cant get the karts, Clio's, road or some other race cars to handle at all, but the GT3's are spot on so there must be something about how they are configured differently from the other cars to make them more playable than the others.
    The following user likes this Post: BlueFin175

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    @pheoenix8000 Spot on, that is a great description of my exact issue as well, however I can race pretty much the entire GT series (GT, GT3/4) all but that damned GT3 RUF which like many others, suffers from what appears to be parkinsons desease. In addition to this, the 'other' cars all suffer from an incurable case of low speed tank slapping, even with FULL assists on, the only way to cure them is to short shift and crawl around in 3rd etc at 2k rpm.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Heres some settings working for me

Assisted steering on
    All other assists off
    Damage tyre wear etc etc on
    All dead zones 0
    Throttle brake steering sensitivity 0
    Filters etc 0 or off