Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [ANSWERED] Ghosting Issue

Rookie

Angry [ANSWERED] Ghosting Issue

(mod edit: ANSWERED http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...l=1#post897665 )

Hello everybody,

just started Project Cars for the first time and i got to admit, browsing through the menues etc, i was very excited.
    So i jumped into my first race. Just to quit out a few moments later.
    Maybe its an issue with my TV (highly doubt it though cuz its a Samsung UHD TV and games like Driveclub dont have this issue) but the game has terrible ghosting (especially the opponent cars when they drive into a corner).
    For me it looks like.....well....like watching a 3D Movie without the required 3D Glasses. I hope you get the idea, its kinda hard to explain. Its like all moving objects leave outlines?
    In fact this effect is such a strain on the eyes that I dont feel like doing more then a race in a single run....and thats kinda sad because i just shelled out ~70 bucks for the game!
    Anyone else with the same issue?
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Boss_335, casbitton, cfsmooth, Jogi, KillerFox1978, oversonic, Rami

Platform
    PC
    Your Samsung UHD TV should have a "Gaming" mode. Maybe it'll help if you try to switch the display profile to this.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

Platform
    PC
    there was a post about some wierd banding on PS4's , I suppose this might be it,
    is there a way for you to make a screenshot? ( you should be able to press the share button on DS4 )

it makes it easier for people to help when they can see what the issue is

gaming pc |Processor| i7-4930K Ivy Bridge-E 3.4GHz |Motherboard ASUS Rampage IV Gene |Graphics| EVGA GTX1070 |Ram| CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3 2133 Mhz |Controllers|This is how I roll - Xbox360 Controller / DualShock3 PS3 Controller | Fanatec CSW2 + BMW M3 GT2 wheel |homepage| https://plus.google.com/photos/11071...ums?banner=pwa |steam name| nosalisCZ
    The following user likes this Post: Rami

Rookie
    hello

so glad ive seen your post, i too suffer from this ghosting, my eyes are trying to focus the blur into a non blur and they are getting strained, its very similar to when i put someone else's glasses on(i dont wear glasses) my eyes start to hurt as they try to make the blur sharp. i can only last 30mins. it feels like im bogeyed after playing.

side note my t300rs off centers when i choose the old m1 on silverstone large track. as soon as i load into the pits the wheel perm vibrates and goes 45 degrees off centre

Kart Driver
    Nothing to do with the TV, the ghosting is in the PS4 version of the game.

I hope we'll get an option to disable this kind of "AA".

It's not a bug. It's a side effect of the way we do AA on PS4, and is arguably a good thing (hear me out!). It's there, and very noticeable from static images of non-direct feed footage especially, but also undeniably in the game itself (mainly when paused). I spotted it and reported it as soon as it got checked in long ago (so we didn't "miss it" as many would have you believe).

However, I also "spotted" that the PS4 version has really lovely image quality, a very smooth and slightly soft (not low res!), "non-gamey" look, which is very natural, and (imo!) rather fantastic, due to this very clever AA approach. It also greatly minimises the distant "shimmer" you often see in console racing games, which is a side effect of low quality AA on thin vertical objects such as fences.

So yes, the ghosting effect is there, if you look hard enough. The advantages far outweigh this small disadvantage however. Notwithstanding that, if customer feedback demands it, we have a plan to add a UI slider in a future update, which will enable you to tune out the ghosting, at the expense of more aliasing and distant shimmer.
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=8877

Quote Originally Posted by hesido
    On the other hand, here's motion blur on P.Cars:

It's just like two frames blended into one. Actually, on P.Cars videos, this effect is omnipresent across the frame, so at any given time, you are basically seeing two consecutive frames, and always, which would amount to an exposure time of exactly 60th of a second, however, there's no blur along a path, just blending of two frames:

In this gif, you see two consecutive frames, however, there are actually 3 frames visible. You'll see that 1 frame is shared between two frames, beause the motion blur seems to be blending just two consecutive frames, with no linear blur across a motion vector. This does a very poor job of simulating motion blur if that's what it's trying to be doing, as there's no blurring but blending, and since you are always moving, it creates that smudgy look.
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=8564
    Last edited by GTR; 07-05-2015 at 22:30.

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by muggs1 View Post
    side note my t300rs off centers when i choose the old m1 on silverstone large track. as soon as i load into the pits the wheel perm vibrates and goes 45 degrees off centre
    Thats a Problem on some Wheels atm... But the DEVS are allready aware of that.. So a Fix should coming soon
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Hi all, I and several people have this problem too, the picture is double, is not clear and is very annoying to play in the repetitions also happens, rival cars in front of you have this problem, this happens when a fast moving image, turning in corners or moving the free view around your car.
    I tried to put the television in "game mode", but also passes this problem, I hope there is a solution, it's a great game.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS_20150507194554.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	171.0 KB 
ID:	200349Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Project CARS_20150506204724.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	247.8 KB 
ID:	200350
    The following 2 users likes this Post: oversonic, Rami

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GTR View Post
    Nothing to do with the TV, the ghosting is in the PS4 version of the game.

I hope we'll get an option to disable this kind of "AA".
    It would be absolutely fantastic to disable AA entirely and rid the PS4 version of this issue. I'm rarely one to complain but this genuinely is a show-stopper bug.
    Last edited by casbitton; 10-05-2015 at 22:53.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Boss_335, GTR, oversonic

Kart Driver
    If you are I'm a gaming mode be it TV or Monitor you should enable RGB Full in your PS4 options my screen was terrible until i enabled it all games are Just amazing now! Give it a go.

Let us know if it fixes the problem

Platform
    PC
    On my Samsung TV it helps to switch in to the gaming mode and switch off all picture improvement technology. Problem solely appears on PS4. PC doesnt have this issue.
    CPU: Intel Core i7-2600, 4x 3.40GHz • RAM: 12GB • HD: 1064GB (64GB SSD + 1000GB HDD) • DVD+/-RW DL • GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080, Fantatec Turbo S Wheel@750B and1.52; Wheelbase V2 with Porsche 918 wheel| CSR Elite Pedals | Windows 10 64-bit | 75" LG 75“ UHD | Oculus Rift CV1 | Xbox Elite Controller

Famous last words: Who's braking late stays longer fast