Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dualshock 4 Controller: Settings, Problems & Solutions

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooseone View Post
    This could be a known bug (although it's usually only present on PC and sometimes on Xbox One, could you try setting Force Feedback to 0 to see if it persists?

The controller input modes differ in more ways then what you can adjust in the menu.
    In your post explaining the different settings you explained the difference between mode 1 and the input modes 2/3 regarding de deadzones. Do you have any idea or could you be more specific about the difference between input mode 2 and 3? Or at least for which kind of player/thumbstick handler it generally is more suitable?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooseone View Post
    This could be a known bug (although it's usually only present on PC and sometimes on Xbox One, could you try setting Force Feedback to 0 to see if it persists? .
    Tried this, feedback stopped completely, when turned back on however it continued to do the same, even if force feedback was very low

Kart Driver
    I have to say that i am getting sick of this game already with its pretentious and inexplicable controller settings. There should be clear explanations of what all of the silly individual settings do.Its ludicrous and I can see why so many on amazon are giving this game such negative reviews. Its impossible to get some cars around the bends on some tracks
    I am currently driving the Clio and it just veered off the road for no reason at all.
    Last edited by jimclark62; 09-05-2015 at 15:37.
    The following user likes this Post: MpN71EMHS

Platform
    PS4
    I switched to mode 2 in settings guys, things are alot better on the pad now!

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    This game is simply unplayable at the moment with a controller, tried damned everything.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    hi i have dualshock 4 on project cars and i dont know what means controler input 1,2 and 3,is better 22 speed sensitivity or 50 and for other sliders wich is best?what is your controller input?wich is easier to play?is any of these inputs for slower cars or faster cars?
    HRVATSKA REPUBLIKA-HERCEG BOSNA

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Okay so I have figured out why my controller was vibrating so much when I brake! For some reason, when I brake, it's like the brake is still partially on. Any fix?

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PuntNL View Post
    In your post explaining the different settings you explained the difference between mode 1 and the input modes 2/3 regarding de deadzones. Do you have any idea or could you be more specific about the difference between input mode 2 and 3? Or at least for which kind of player/thumbstick handler it generally is more suitable?
    Well mode 1 has more of an actual deadzone while modes 2 and 3 have a deadzone which is linked to the steering sensitivity. With modes 2 and 3 you will not have an actual deadzone as easily as mode 1.
    Mode 3 is a bit slower handling than mode 2 yet it centers quite fast when you release the stick. It's kinda hard to explain how they all work exactly though.

If you tap from the center i would use mode 3, i drive with thumb on stick and prefer 3 also while a lot of 'glued thumb' people prefer 2.
    Mode 1 might be useful if all other settings fail to decrease responsiveness around center.
    2500K @ 4.2/ 380X / TX 458, Xbox elite controller / Single 1080p monitor

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by curious_sloth View Post
    Tried this, feedback stopped completely, when turned back on however it continued to do the same, even if force feedback was very low
    I have the same issue. Other than zero, the lowest I can set the FFB to on the DS4 is 5, and the vibration is over the top. To be honest, it feels the same as if the FFB is set to 100.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I have figured it out! And this may work for you as well Formula1269! So it turns out that my Left Trigger on my controller is a little faulty and so gets slightly stuck if i bring it up slowly, so I have turned the deadzone for break up to 60 and that seems to have stopped it! I would suggest trying this, it takes a bit of trial and error to find the point at which it will still be as responsive as possible without getting the vibration but it works!