Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] Calibrating HPP pedals

Kart Driver

[RESOLVED] Calibrating HPP pedals

I am trying to get PCars up and running on my PC and I am having trouble getting my HPP hydraulic pedals calibrated. I went through the calibration routine in the options but the moment I exit the pits the car stops dead as if there is permanent brake applied. Is there some way I can view my pedal inputs on-screen? Is there any way to use my pedals in this game?

Thanks for your help.

Solution found: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...l=1#post929700
    Last edited by bhobbart; 21-05-2015 at 22:33. Reason: Added link to solution

To see how much input your pedals are doing, go to Options&Help -> Gameplay -> Onscreen Guides and Replay -> Change the HUD-Level to telemetry.
    Now when you go on track you will see all of the input strengths as HUD overlay. This hopefully helps you finding the right settings.
    Last edited by hybrid.art; 07-05-2015 at 21:27.
    "Project CARS - Maxed Out" Facebook page
    My Youtube Channel | How-To: Modding Thrustmaster T500RS Fan | How-To: Modding Thrustmaster T500RS Paddle Shifter Switches

Main PC
    Core i7 2600k @ 5.0GHz | 16GB RAM @ 1866MHz | 2x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU II (SLI) | Samsung SDD 840 PRO | 2x VelociRaptor 600GB Raid0 | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 750W Corsair PSU | Cooling: Corsair H60 | Tower: Corsair 600t white | Apple 27inch Screen @ 2560x1440px | Wheel: Trustmaster T500RS, Pedals in GT-Style, realistic break mod | XBox360 Gamepad | Sound Card: FocusRite Scarlett 2i4 | Audio: Teufel Concept C 300 | Headphones: AKG K 271 MK II

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Or something is mapped on your Handbrake -> Take a look at the Controller Mapping Options...
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...

Kart Driver
    Thanks for help guys. I might be making progress by playing around with the brake deadzone and sensitivity configuration. I'll try to report back if I find a clear solution.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bhobbart View Post
    Thanks for help guys. I might be making progress by playing around with the brake deadzone and sensitivity configuration. I'll try to report back if I find a clear solution.
    Yes, please do. Those pedals are in my dreams
    CPU I7 6850K/MB MSI X99A Godlike/MEM DDR4 G.Skill 3200 MHz 32GB/GPU GTX 1080 FTW 8GB SLI (376.33)/SSD Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB, 850 EVO SATA 1TB/HDD WD Raptor 1TB/PSU Corsair AX1200/OS 10 64 Pro/Display Acer X34 (3440 x 1440) , Oculus/Wheel CSW V2/Pedals V2

Platform
    PC
    Hi Bhobbart, another user reported a similar issue, on different pedals, when they had selected Combined instead of Separate.

Just ensure they are set as Separate in Windows and also that the Profile you have selected for your wheel is designated "separate pedals" and not Combined.

If this is wrong, you will still be able to map them and calibrate them as expected in the menus, but once you hit the track, it acts as combined and the brake either locks on, or will not come on at all
    PC - || Corsair 600C || 1080 TI Founders Edition || AMD Ryzen 7 1800x || 16GB DDR4 4000mhz || Asus Crosshair VI Hero || EKWB 360 + 240 RAD Custom Loop (CPU / GPU) || Corsair AX1200 || Logitech G910 Orion Spectruim || Logitech G700 || Fanatec CSW v2 BMW GT & Formula Rims || Fanatec CSS SQ v1.5 || Fanatec CSP V3 Brake Performance Kit || Fanatec Handbrake || Simvibe || Logitech 5.1 Speakers || 2x Yamaha HS80 || Oculus Rift CV1 ||AOC 34" Ultra-Wide IPS || Synology DS1817+ || Windows 10 Pro x64 ||

Kart Driver
    I'm afraid I'm gonna have to give up on this game. I have tried every possible trick I can think of with the calibration screens and I still cannot get the pedals working correctly. I can eliminate the always-on brake by configuring a deadzone of 50. However, no matter how little brake input I use in the pedal calibration screen I still need to put in a LOT of brake pressure to get to 100% brake in-game. With the throttle the opposite is true. I reach full throttle in-game long before my pedal reaches its max travel. I have tried mucking around with the brake and throttle sensitivity with no luck. Since the game has no documentation on how to use the settings there is a chance I am simply missing something but for now I'm afraid PCars simply does not support high-end sim hardware. Between this and the lack of proper triple screen support I can't help feeling like this is yet another marketing extravaganza ripoff. I hope I'm wrong.

@Morgan, I don't believe there is any "combined" setting for these pedals. I have never come across that and I cannot find anything like it in Windows settings. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bhobbart View Post
    @Morgan, I don't believe there is any "combined" setting for these pedals. I have never come across that and I cannot find anything like it in Windows settings. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    This would depend on the wheel your using. When you choose a CSW for example there is an option for that wheel to set it up with combined pedals or separate pedals. In my case, if I choose combined pedals, it seemingly calibrates, but the throttle is on and the brakes don't work. I really am interested in this because I am really interested in those pedals so I will see what I can find out as well.
    CPU I7 6850K/MB MSI X99A Godlike/MEM DDR4 G.Skill 3200 MHz 32GB/GPU GTX 1080 FTW 8GB SLI (376.33)/SSD Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB, 850 EVO SATA 1TB/HDD WD Raptor 1TB/PSU Corsair AX1200/OS 10 64 Pro/Display Acer X34 (3440 x 1440) , Oculus/Wheel CSW V2/Pedals V2
    The following user likes this Post: Morgan Henstridge

Platform
    PC
    What Beans said

I made this mistake once on a profile reset during development.

Chose a "CSW Combined" profile.
    Mapped my pedals in Edit Assignments, all good and shows as 2 separate axis in there.
    Calibrated the Pedals - all good, both responded as expected
    On Track - 0 brake action at all.

Redid the above with the "CSW Separate Pedals" profile, and works a treat.

Mine are Logitech Pedals via Bodnar cable so that may be why i get 0 brakes and others here with the same mistake get 100% brake.
    PC - || Corsair 600C || 1080 TI Founders Edition || AMD Ryzen 7 1800x || 16GB DDR4 4000mhz || Asus Crosshair VI Hero || EKWB 360 + 240 RAD Custom Loop (CPU / GPU) || Corsair AX1200 || Logitech G910 Orion Spectruim || Logitech G700 || Fanatec CSW v2 BMW GT & Formula Rims || Fanatec CSS SQ v1.5 || Fanatec CSP V3 Brake Performance Kit || Fanatec Handbrake || Simvibe || Logitech 5.1 Speakers || 2x Yamaha HS80 || Oculus Rift CV1 ||AOC 34" Ultra-Wide IPS || Synology DS1817+ || Windows 10 Pro x64 ||

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I have a similar problem with the G25 pedals with the AP Electrix load cell modification.
    The brakes appear to be reversed in the game, ie the harder I push the brake the faster the car goes. Release the brake and the brake locks up the wheels.

When Calibrating I push the brake and it shows about 25 and thats all, let me know if you want this in a separate thread.

The brakes work fine in iRacing on the same computer