Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: calibrate force feedback?

WMD Member

calibrate force feedback?

Well its out and Im having fun.
    Can someone please explain what ALL the sliders do in 'Calibrate force feedback'.
    Ive played about and got a setup that works, humm.
    When reading the ingame explanation Im left confused (tried staring for a while....dont work)
    Just something simple a non-petrolhead might understand.
    My main problems are 1. not feeling the tyres grip and loose grip
    2. Rumble strips Im just not feeling them ( I can hear but no feel)
    3. Car collisions.
    If you help please do.
    Thanks
    (setup in sig)
    Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-990XA-ud3/GPU:r9-290/Processor:AMD FX8350eightCore/Memory:8GB/Windows7/Thrustmaster T500rs

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    2. seems to be mostly by design, i am workign on it myself. the main thing is to bump up the z-forces (in the car setup screen, so you will have to do this for each car) without compromising the rest of the feedback. im not sure the best way to do it yet but hope this thread keeps active, i will post if i have any breakthru.

i personally would like to have surface exaggerated similar to how iRacing does it (they dont admit this, but they do ) or recommended R3E settings. default ffb has practically no surface feel.

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Well, yes...

pCars does feed the FFB directly from the Physic. (Spindle Arm)

So no canned effects...

Upping the Fz Scale is a good way to give more Vertical Forces into the mix...
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...

WMD Member
    Car setup ok thanks, Ill give that a go.
    Will keep a eyeout for your posts.
    Glad its not just me.
    Thanks yusupov
    Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-990XA-ud3/GPU:r9-290/Processor:AMD FX8350eightCore/Memory:8GB/Windows7/Thrustmaster T500rs

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hi all
    Same sensations for me... Im an Assetto Corsa player and I miss grip sensations when I brake and driving straight lines is quite boring...
    I m sure a Good setting can fix it but wich one ?? No time to look for now...

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    zakpak here are some settings i use (g27, and they are heavy so probably too heavy for your wheel but im not sure)

master: ~40
    x: ~50
    y: ~50
    z: ~100

for some reason this works better than just bumping up z, at least i think so. you will definitely feel the road & curbs now. it was recommended i try brands hatch which i also recommend bc there are a variety of curbs including some violent ones, & its also a laserscanned track so bumps should match visuals, you should feel the track w/ these settings, tho if theyre too strong hopefully you can adjust to fit.

WMD Member
    Thanks yusupov
    I had a look at the car setup and its helping! (not the most instinctive place to have more force feedback settings but hey)
    Will try your setting tomorrow, you are a big help thanks again friend.

Platform
    PC
    Lets you have FFB per car. This is important as most wheels have limited torque output and for example to have good ffb settings across all cars and all possible setups of each car you need to be able to control it on a car by car basis. In time this will be seen as one of the games's great strengths. It is a SIM after all so why not expect the steering to change if you adjust the setup? So you need to be able to pull it back within the capability of your wheel.
    CPU: i5 3570 @ 4.2GhZ | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1866 MHz | Board: Gigabyte Z77-DH3
    GP: GTX 960 4Gb
    SDD: Samsung Evo 850 512Gb
    The following user likes this Post: BULLYT

WMD Member
    Thanks WMD members
    Can you direct me to a 'project cars manual' as the online one with the game doesnot show the 'calibrate force feedback' options.
    P.S. All I need it to know what the sliders do! or am I looking at the wrong area. I spent 3-4 hours moving one slider, starting race weekend for feel, going back changing. In the race weekend couldnot setup 'car setup', used garage. Dont get me wrong I like the game and Im willing to experiment, just a heads up would be nice.
    Am I doing this wrong?
    any help, Thanks
    The following user likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti

Kart Driver
    ...same problem with a thrustmaster T500RS : only the 1st line does caus an increase in FFB resistance, other settings, i e the x, y, z, and Mz do not seem to work, and I just DON'T UNDERSTAND what they mean. The final FFB feeling is NOT NATURAL, and I get 2 big problems :
    1) I can't feel the car sliding (and absolutely no tyre noise !)
    2) Passing on kerbs : you don't ever notice it in the wheel.

NB : My Windows settings for my wheel are correct, as the FFB feeling is very good in Assetto Corsa.