Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: The big 'Show your own race rig/setup' topic

Wales. Not WELSH Wales, but Wales nevertheless.
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    I have been on his chanbel for a while He is pretty Good --> Have you seen the Video where he added Motion to that Rig??? Im thinking about a Motion platforn also --> the RSeat Motion platform to fit the N1 is really pricey at $14k but thats the price with the N1 with full trimming I'm going to Emal them about the price of just the Motion platform its self but i fear its still gonna be $12k +!!! I'm looking for a better deal than that --> if i can find a $ 5 to 6k option I'm all in.
    In the YouTube comments section on Barry's D-Box video, somebody (who I think uses D-box commercially) tells Barry that D-Box have a $5k option that might actually be more appropriate for sim racing.
    Edit: here it is:

anasmak11
    2 weeks ago
    I have a race center with several DBox sims, here are some points I have:
    - Why are you turning vibration off? It makes a huge difference and makes the experience much better. Even if you have bass shakers, I think you should turn them off and have the vibration from dbox. They are much stronger for sure.
    - You definitely didn't need the 4400i model, the 4250i is more than enough for your setup
    - Shockingly, I actually had a 4250i system, and 2250i system, and myself and everyone who tried both, all said the 2250i felt much better. You really need to try it. The 2250i system feels much more composed, predictable and realistic. Might be hard to believe, but it truly is much better.
    - With that said, a 2250i system is around 5000$. So, you can have the awesome Dbox motion system for a much more reasonable price than the 17k you have.
    DO IT GRIMEY. DOOOOOO IIIIIIIT....!

edit: this chap prefers two actuators too: http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/13...x-racing-rigs/
    Last edited by Mascot; 04-03-2018 at 12:52.
    980Ti & i5 6600k, Oculus Rift CV1, Fanatec CSW2.5, Formula Carbon rim, BMW GT2 rim, CSS v1.5, Clubsport handbrake, CSP v3, Crew Chief through HMD, Sim Lab P1 cockpit, Sparco R333 seat, NLv3 motion platform, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Yamaha 5.1, 50" 4K TV, uncorked bottle of Glenmorangie
    The following user likes this Post: GrimeyDog

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

D-Box

Quote Originally Posted by Mascot View Post
    In the YouTube comments section on Barry's D-Box video, somebody (who I think uses D-box commercially) tells Barry that D-Box have a $5k option that might actually be more appropriate for sim racing.
    D-Box has a defined model numbering system. The first number denotes the number of actuators and the next three numbers are the weight each actuator can handle.

For example a D-Box 4250i has 4 actuators, each rated for 250 pounds. It can handle 4 * 250 pounds = 1000 pounds (or 453kg).

Sim Racing Garage has a 4400i and is rated at 4 * 400 pounds = 1,600 pounds (or 725kg). Most rigs do not weigh more than 453kg and that is why some commentary noted a 4250i was more than enough and the 4400i was overkill.

Each model comes in 1.5”, 3” and 6” of actuator travel. For sim racing the smallest travel (1.5”) is actually the best. It’s very fast and more than enough to trick the brain. Sim Racing Garage’s 4400i has 1.5” of actuator travel and D-Box’s own commercial cinema seats also use 1.5”.

Unlike most motion platforms the D-Box does both motion and tactile feedback (aka vibrations). This renders SimVibe and shakers redundant.

D-Box has recently started selling their new “Gen 2” actuators. There is no performance difference from the originals, but Gen 2 allows up to 7 actuators (e.g. place the actuators vertically, front to back and side to side for sway, surge and yaw). I am not aware of anyone yet that is fully utilising Gen II in sim racing as it is cost prohibitive.

Unlike some other motion platforms, D-Box is genuine commercial grade hardware and priced accordingly. The 4250i is rated for something like 8 hours of usage, every-day for 10 years. This means second hand units still have plenty of life left and can be sourced from various home theatre forums, as D-Box has a niche but sizeable market in motion for home & commercial cinema.

I’ve used many motion platforms and in my view D-Box is the premier domestic sim racing motion platform. If you are seeking better then you will be considering commercial solutions from which price increases substantially.

If you’re choosing a sim racing motion platform I don’t think you will go wrong in selecting D-Box.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: GrimeyDog, Mascot

Platform
    PC
    Thanks thats Really Great information... Im using the RSeat N1 rig and that thing is Heavy!!! The N1 weighs about 260lbs its self and im 245lbs any Suggestion on what Model you think i should get???

The RSeat N1 motion platform is $14k but i think thats with the Full Rig set up so minus the N1 rig and its still $12k thats more than i want to spend on it... Im Looking to invest $5 to 6k to start off with and build it up as i go along.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti-OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

D-Box

The N1 weighs about 260lbs its self and im 245lbs any Suggestion on what Model you think i should get??? The RSeat N1 motion platform is $14k but i think thats with the Full Rig set up so minus the N1 rig and its still $12k thats more than i want to spend on it... Im Looking to invest $5 to 6k to start off with and build it up as i go along.
    I did some pricing last year based on rSeat and Vesaro's websites for a 4 actuator system:

SPECS
    -----
    rSeat N1 Racing Cockpit
    - Fully optioned Chassis only (no PC, screens, pedals, force feedback systems, wheels, sound etc.)

Vesaro McLaren Driving Simulator
    - Fully kitted out, McLaren branded Turn Key Solution (incl. PC, screens, pedals, force feedback systems, wheels, sound etc.).

D-Box 4250i
    - Commercial grade hardware with 114kg max lifting capacity per actuator. Supports single and double seats.
    - D-Box 4250i (1.5” Motion)

PRICING (in Australian Dollars, excluding shipping)
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Chassis Only
    rSeat N1 (No Motion): AUD 2,140
    rSeat N1 (D-Box 1.5" Motion): AUD 21,477 (+ AUD 19,337)
    rSeat N1 (D-Box 3.0" Motion): AUD 32,847 (+ AUD 30,707)
    rSeat N1 (D-Box 6.0" Motion): AUD 45,481 (+ AUD 43,341)

Turn Key Solution
    Vesaro McLaren Sports Series – Tier 2 (Upgraded to match below units) – No Motion: AUD 55,341
    Vesaro McLaren Sports Series – Tier 5 (D-Box 1.5" Motion): AUD 77,476 (+ AUD 22,135)
    Vesaro McLaren Super Series – Tier 1 (D-Box 3.0" Motion): AUD 100,288 (+ AUD 44,947)
    Vesaro McLaren Ultimate Series – Tier 1 (D-Box 6.0" Motion): AUD 116,582 (+ AUD 61,241)

D-Box is costly but rSeat's margin isn't as large as some others, but regardless it's still outside your price range.

In relation to the rSeat N1, the 4250i series is what rSeat sells with that rig and it is more than enough. Fast Track Sims is an all tig welded steel rig and weighs more than the N1. They too sell the D-Box 4250i as it has no issues carrying that weight. The 4400i is more for a commercial environment (e.g. you have a co-driver / passengers and you build a large car frame around the rig).

The alternate option is to purchase D-Box separately and go with only 2 actuators and then gradually build it up, going to 3 and then 4. Beyond 4 (e.g. yaw or traction loss) may be cost prohibitive.
    D-Box (Gen II) 2250i (2 actuator system): USD 6,357 plus shipping.
    D-Box (Gen II) 3250i (3 actuator system): USD 11,985 plus shipping.
    D-Box (Gen II) 4250i (4 actuator system): USD 16,399 plus shipping.

I've not used only 2 actuators but I have heard from others that it is pretty good. Having said that each x250i actuator is rated for 250lbs, so if you only have 1 or 3, make sure the rig end that has only 1 actuator is not supporting more than 250lbs.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

D-Box

Quote Originally Posted by Beef36 View Post
    Unlike some other motion platforms, D-Box is genuine commercial grade hardware and priced accordingly. The 4250i is rated for something like 8 hours of usage, every-day for 10 years. This means second hand units still have plenty of life left and can be sourced from various home theatre forums, as D-Box has a niche but sizeable market in motion for home & commercial cinema.
    Hello GrimeyDog,

If you are serious about a D-Box, there is currently an ad for a Home Theatre chair where the client didn't want it. It comes with a refurbished D-Box 3250i. Advertised as $8,500 which is less than the new 3250i actuator cost, plus you'd get a free brand new single seat Home Cinema chair ("...full top 20 grade Hugo black leather, electric recline made by Jaymar. 3k value of chair as they are beefed up for D-Box...").

Above ad is not my sale and I have nothing to do with it other than seeing the ad online; however it is from a legitimate, commercial D-Box outlet.

Below is my 4250i:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FTS Rig (02Apr2018) B - DSC05632.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	249.2 KB 
ID:	252525
    Last edited by Beef36; 03-04-2018 at 07:39. Reason: Typos
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Fight-Test, Franco Ferrari, GrimeyDog, Mascot, Niki Lauda DK, SGETI, Swass

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef36 View Post
    Below is my 4250i:
    Envy is a bad sin.... and I'm a sinner.
    "I was playing pCARS on PC before it was mainstream" - cit.

MB: Asus Strix Z270F Gaming
    CPU: i5-7600K @4.63GHz
    RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) Corsair Vengeance LED 2666mhz
    GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 Gaming A8G
    HD: Corsair MP500 240Gb M.2 PCIe + Crucial MX300 1Tb M.2 SATA
    Audio: Onboard Realtech sound chip + Sennheiser headphones / stereo speakers
    Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 w/ P1 Elite rim + Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3 + Fanatec Clubsport Shifter SQ + Playseat racing seat
    Monitor: Asus PA 238Q - 23" 1920x1080 P-IPS
    VR: Oculus Rift CV1 + Oculus Touch Controllers
    Case & PSU: NZXT H440 V.2, Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate, Corsair RM850i
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro N, nVidia WHQL Drivers 388.31

Platform
    PC
    That is a Great Set up!!! Thats the Direction I'm heading with My set up.

Can you post a link to this sale or web site for the used Gear.
    Im only lately thinking about a motion platform so Im still researching info about them.... I still dont know all the sites to look for parts and best deals.

Could you Post More Pics of your Rig... I like to show the Wife set ups other people have...I have a Good 1 she dont complain about My Rig upgrades and i like to show her the Next Level pics where im evolving My Rig to.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 04-04-2018 at 10:41.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti-OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

D-Box

Could you Post More Pics of your Rig... I like to show the Wife set ups other people have...I have a Good 1 she dont complain about My Rig upgrades and i like to show her the Next Level pics where im evolving My Rig to.
    Have a look at sites like below for other people's setups:

https://www.instagram.com/simware/
    https://www.instagram.com/simracerstuff/

The rSeat N1 is an excellent rig and can take a D-Box 4250i. I think that is a good option for you.

I don't know how to link to closed group Facebook posts but Simulator Salesrentals is selling the D-Box cinema seat . He is an expert on all things D-Box and if you bought the 3250i he'll be able to advise how to source the 4th actuator to create a 4250i.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro

Post your racing rigs. Both pro and ghetto setups welcome!

Here's mine! My career tuning setup.

Objects of interest:

$25 thrift store table (dirty!)
    Box of floor tiles to steady the above
    G29 Wheel + Pedals
    $15 dining chair
    Wooden log used as pedal stopper..
    Bluetooth speaker
    Telemetrics app tablet (turned off here)
    Assorted drumsticks
    Turtle tank (for relieving low stress)
    75 inch 4k TV (it's the only way!)
    Tuning notes
    Water glass (daytime choice!)
    Bluetooth keyboard
    Kick drum (for relieving high stress)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chair.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	249.7 KB 
ID:	254845
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Fight-Test, Keena, Maskmagog, OddTimer, Raklodder

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Heres mine. Timber from the local DIY store, seat from scrapyard. Less than £50.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180522_181814.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	171.0 KB 
ID:	254846
    The following 3 users likes this Post: OddTimer, Raklodder, sloppysmusic