Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061

Thread: The big 'Show your own race rig/setup' topic

Wales. Not WELSH Wales, but Wales nevertheless.
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    That's such a sweet rig now mate, fantastic job!
    Thanks buddy. The kids are having to go barefoot until next Spring but it's been worth it.

The Sparco R333 is now super-comfy with the elevated pedal position. I had my doubts about it until I built the new rig.
    980Ti & i5 6600k, Oculus Rift CV1, Fanatec CSW2.5, Formula Carbon rim, BMW GT2 rim, CSS v1.5, Clubsport handbrake, CSP v3, Crew Chief through HMD, Sim Lab P1 cockpit, Sparco R333 seat, NLv3 motion platform, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Yamaha 5.1, 50" 4K TV, uncorked bottle of Glenmorangie

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    did you mean Ricmotech Hydraulic Handbrake? iv never heard of Rimotech
    Sorry it was typo you’re correct Ricmotech

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascot View Post
    ...and the bubblewrap is because..?

[lovely setup, btw! ]
    Thank you
    The bubble wrap it to stop the kids catching themselves on it as I have in the past it hurts lol , I just remove them before turning it on
    The following user likes this Post: Mascot

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Thanks buddy. The kids are having to go barefoot until next Spring but it's been worth it.

The Sparco R333 is now super-comfy with the elevated pedal position. I had my doubts about it until I built the new rig.
    Excellent, glad to hear that you got the R333 feeling good... time to get mine finally mounted this week methinks! Thanks for the tip about pedal elevation/seat comfort, I shall keep that in mind.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/McLaren GT3 Rim/ClubSport V3i Pedals - Samsung UE65KS9000 4K - Beer - Stovies - Alba Gu Bràth

Wales. Not WELSH Wales, but Wales nevertheless.
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FORCE-NO1 View Post
    Thank you
    The bubble wrap it to stop the kids catching themselves on it as I have in the past it hurts lol , I just remove them before turning it on
    Ah, figured it might be something like that. My initial thought was noise suppression, but that's not an issue with D-Box actuators.
    I guess you have to be careful to keep the kids well away the platform during use, especially when racing in VR.
    980Ti & i5 6600k, Oculus Rift CV1, Fanatec CSW2.5, Formula Carbon rim, BMW GT2 rim, CSS v1.5, Clubsport handbrake, CSP v3, Crew Chief through HMD, Sim Lab P1 cockpit, Sparco R333 seat, NLv3 motion platform, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Yamaha 5.1, 50" 4K TV, uncorked bottle of Glenmorangie

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Ah, figured it might be something like that. My initial thought was noise suppression, but that's not an issue with D-Box actuators.
    I guess you have to be careful to keep the kids well away the platform during use, especially when racing in VR.
    Yea kids stay away when the rig is on , have to remove the bubble wrap when it’s on as the actuators get warm
    It’s mainly just for when it’s off and the kids are charging around
    And they are very quiet as long as it’s on a concrete floor anything other will vibrate around the house a lot