Page 287 of 288 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288 LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 2876

Thread: [TGC-NCC] The Gentlemen's Club - New Comers Club Recruitment Thread

Martin G Webb
    I'm sorry to hear you felt that way about TGC Daz.

We did try our best to be 'down to earth' and connect with the membership, old and new. Perhaps, as Gopher has said it was a timing issue and you joined us at the wrong time, wrong for TGC not yourself. There have been some great things that have come out of TGC, RSR being one of them and I wish the guys all the best with it.
    The following 10 users likes this Post: cluck, Gopher04, Linus Leader, miagi, NemethR, Nevil Wigbels, t0daY, Topsie, Will Fly, ZiggyUK

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    how do i join i sent a request with the register here button about 2 weeks ago and no email has been sent. should it take this long or am i right to question it? thx

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedySnail View Post
    how do i join i sent a request with the register here button about 2 weeks ago and no email has been sent. should it take this long or am i right to question it? thx
    Unfortunately there are no admins now, since TGC has pretty much died, and people deserted.
    Roland | Németh
    Driving an: Intel Core i7-870; 16GB RAM; nVidia GTX 770; Logitech Momo Racing
    Shooting a: Canon 5Ds with 85mm "L" glass

Martin G Webb
    SpeedySnail - I would strongly suggest taking a look at the RSR recruitment thread. Many of the members of TGC moved once RSR was up and running. They're a good bunch of guys and I'm sure they can help if league racing is what you're looking for.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: cluck, MelBonkers, miagi, NemethR

Platform
    PC
    My sincere apologise to any of the guys that signed up following my accident.

I suffered spinal injury which is one of the main reasons I started sorting out admins to spread the workload as I knew I would be seriously out of action for a long period. Those admins are now RSR so I strongly recommend you head over and check their series out being that all started from the TGC.

Obviously RSR used a ranked system whereas TGC did not promote that ethos but you are still guaranteed an excellent time over there with some of the best people in sim racing that I ever had the pleasure of working and racing against.

I am sorry to hear Daz had such a problem with TGC but I can assure you we never ever treated anyone unfairly.

Maybe one day I will resurrect TGC back to it's former glory for pCARS 1 and 2 with equal status for all drivers/members again complete with training etc. Not sure all the organisation would be justified now as RSR are handling their series now and I would never poach drivers. I had always planned on the 64 driver grid as well for the PC but that seems to have been dropped so true Le Mans etc will just not work.

Hopefully one day soon I will see some of you on the track again and I am so grateful to read all the great comments you guys have written about the TGC and what it stood for and the progression it made.

[ anyone notice which other titles are now doing a formation lap like TGC started so many years ago ]
    Riff Raff Racing Team | ziggyuk@live.co.uk |

CEO of « The Gentlemen's Club / TGC Sim Racing Leagues »
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Iceman07, MelBonkers, NemethR, Nevil Wigbels, Raymond de Vries

Platform
    PC
    Nice to hear from you again Zig, and sorry I hadn't heard about your accident. Was wondering what had happened to TGC as I enjoyed the limited times I ran with you folks, but now I understand. So sorry to hear about that, but I hope you're on the steps to recovery.
    ...because simcar

Gearbox: i7-8700k @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z370 M5 | MSI GTX1080Ti (OC) | G.SKILL 32Gb DDR4 (XMP) | Kraken x52 AIO cooler | Win10 Pro | CrewChief | VoiceAttack

Chassis: SimLab TR1 | NRG FRP-300 | CSW v2.5, Universal Hub | CSP v3 | Oculus Rift CV1 | LG 34" ultrawide

The following 2 users likes this Post: cluck, Iceman07

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Welcome back Ziggy, long time now see

I also had no idea you'd had an accident so I can only hope you are recovering well
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Corsair RM850i 850W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Acer Predator X34P 34" IPS 3440x1440 100Hz //
    The following user likes this Post: Iceman07

Platform
    PC
    Its nice to see you again Ziggy!

Sorry to hear about the accident, I hope the fact, that you are again here on the forums shows, that you make good progress, I hope everything is well with you.
    I was wondering what happened, since you did not write anything for a long time, and i did not see you on Steam either.
    Now we know.

I hope we will race together some day again.
    Keep up the recovery, and when you are ready meet us onthe racetrack!
    Roland | Németh
    Driving an: Intel Core i7-870; 16GB RAM; nVidia GTX 770; Logitech Momo Racing
    Shooting a: Canon 5Ds with 85mm "L" glass

Great to hear from you, Ziggy. Hope you'll fully recuperate from your injury!

Since most of the TGC guys ended up in RSR - why don't you join an event or two some time? I've been out of touch for a while myself but I found RSR to carry on TGC style racing quite well despite the ranking system. I'm sure we can swing a senior citizen's plaque or something for you
    CPU AMD A8-3870K @ 3,4 Ghz | GFX MSI GTX 660 OC | RAM 16GB G.Skill Sniper @ DDR3-1866 | Board Asus F1A75-M PRO | OS Win 8.1 Pro | SSD Crucial M4 | Wheel: CSWv2...finally getting more than 10 fps Hyvää saa kun itse tekee
    This is not a fire and forget project for us. It's the beginning of what we hope is a very successful franchise to take on the incumbent leaders and we won't stop until we've ensured we beat them on all fronts. -the wookie
    The following user likes this Post: NemethR

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmynator View Post
    I'm sure we can swing a senior citizen's plaque or something for you
    Thanks to all you guys and your best wishes from this and the RSR thread.

Timmy I would never expect to be treated any different from any other driver, besides the MSA have given me a different plague to stick to the back of my car nowadays

As to whether I will end up back and racing ..... I guess so Not sure if I could do the longer 2hr endurances anymore but I am thinking about dusting off the rig and getting it fired up again.
    Riff Raff Racing Team | ziggyuk@live.co.uk |

CEO of « The Gentlemen's Club / TGC Sim Racing Leagues »
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Ashnoom, MelBonkers, NemethR, Nevil Wigbels