Page 2 of 259 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: [PS4] Fanatec hardware discussion thread

Rookie
    I own both a standard CSR and a CSR Elite wheel. They are on separate PS4 consoles. On both wheels the clutch does not work, it has to be unassigned in order to be able to drive a car properly.

The CSR Elite is currently on firmware version 737, for the most part it seems to be working fine so far. It does however get recognized by the game as a standard CSR. If this affects anything other than the picture in the controller settings menu, I don't know.

About the standard CSR wheel:
    - When I first booted up the game while the standard CSR was connected the game was lagging terribly. For example: ~10+ minutes stuck on the starting credits, very slow menu transitions. FIX: I fixed this by updating the firmware on the CSR wheel to version 756. See Fanatec.com for more information on how to upgrade your firmware.
    - There seems to be a deadzone around the center that I cannot remove by tweaking the ingame settings
    - FFB seems pretty weak even when set to maximum on both the ingame settings and on the wheels' settings.

My biggest issue when using a wheel with the game is maybe not purely a Fanatec issue but very annoying regardless: DS4 controllers arent usable in the ingame menu's while a wheel is connected. Tuning cars, using photomode, managing an online lobby, etc. Menu navigation is so much better with a controller. Please, please find a way to fix this!
    Last edited by Voxalizer; 08-05-2015 at 07:01.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Eric Bergeret, Patrik Marek, Titzon Toast

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by jeygopi View Post
    Have a Porsche 911 GT2 Wheel AU

Wheel instantly causes game to have extreme lag and be unplayable (Measured framerate of 0.05-0.1 as compared to when played with a controller of 56-58fps (on average)). I was really looking forward to playing this with a wheel, dissapointing seeing as I got the wheel only for this game, and it doesnt work with the exact game I wanted to get it for, hope SMS releases a patch soon or something.

Contacted fanatec, said it was a problem in SMS side.

I've tried running the wheel on ps3 mode, and even xbox mode, unresponsive in both, the controls actually work in PC mode.
    It needs to be run in pc mode.Oh and you need to upgrade the firmware to 756

Rookie
    Well, I did try to update the firmware, and it almost cost me the entire wheel, the firmware update didn't get past phase 1, it was stuck and didnt want to flash.
    The following user likes this Post: Boss_335

Platform
    PS4
    There are some guidelines to firmware upgrades,it's been that long since i done mine,maybe 2 years,but the wheel can be pretty fussy,google is your friend my friend.If i could remember the details i'd help you through but i can't mate,sorry.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sik180sx View Post
    There are some guidelines to firmware upgrades,it's been that long since i done mine,maybe 2 years,but the wheel can be pretty fussy,google is your friend my friend.If i could remember the details i'd help you through but i can't mate,sorry.
    All good mate, at least I know whats causing it, cheers
    The following user likes this Post: Sik180sx

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Im disappointed I bought a Fanatec wheel for PS4 just for pcars and it is buggy as hell.

Keeps reverting back to stock button config whenever you restart the game which means goodbye DRS, KERS, ignition etc. How did SMS in their infinite wisdom never assig buttons to them as default?

Reposted here from WMD official forum.

Hi, I am a PC and PS4 Project Cars owner.
    I have a Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 Porsche wheel and there are big issues with the ps4 version of the game.
    I could try the difference of the wheel support on both version of the game and the ps4 support is very bad.
    The wheel in the PS4 version is recognized as Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo but beyond this slighty error the wheel appear to works as a gamepad; we haven't the calibration option and FF option as in Pc version; in the command assignement menu pedal and wheel are recognized as "stick".
    The ps4 game does not automatically adjust degree of the wheel steering lock and you have to change manually through the wheel tuning setup (SEN) every time you change cars tipology (PC version of the game once you have calibrated the wheel with maximum degree (900) automatically adjust it car to car).
    Moreover there is a big dead zone in the center of wheel that can not be eliminated any menu or/and wheel option you try to change.

Following photos of ps4 and PC menus to show how different the wheel is recognized and how buggy fanatec support on PS4 seems to be.

Pc Version with calibration andd FF menu

PS4 Version without advanced menu for wheel

Pc version: wheel and pedals are recognized as axes

PS4 version: wheel and pedal are recognized as gamepad stick ("levette")

Some notes to add:
    I have reinstalled the last firmware on the wheel (752 as in signature), I start the game by pressing "X" on the wheel in PC mode, PS4 is update with last firmware.
    I think developers should be informed about these problems because every Fanatec user

Moreover last night I had 5 game crash while I play with Fanatec GT2. I had crash both online and in single player.
    Game stopped responding but PS4 still worked and I could stop the application and go in dashboard.
    After these crasches I tried with pad and I had no problems.

For every crash PS4 reports error CE-34878-0 caused by Project Cars application.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Mascot, Sik180sx

Platform
    PS4
    Please please please SMS can you fix this?

Platform
    PS4
    Here is a list of Fanatec issues from our racing community:

1. [CSW V1/V2] FFb strength is set to 100 by default. It feels like the 50 from the PC version (Work-Around: set a higher value than 26 for the FFb strength in the car setup section; remember: this is done on a car basis)
    2. [CSW V1/V2, GT3 V2] There is noticeable cogging around the neutral position of the wheel. It is not present on the PC. (Work-Around: None)
    3. [CSW V1/V2] FFb disappears occasionally (Work-Around: turn the wheel off and on while in a menue; alternatively you can leave a gema mode and re-enter; both solve this isuue)
    4. [CSW V1/V2] Assigning buttons fails with error message about not all major functions being assigned (Work-Around: re-start the game and wheel and assign buttons after that; in worst cases assign one button at one time, leave the setup screen and re-enter for the next button assignment)
    5. [CSW V1/V2] Paddles are inverted after button assignments have taken place (Work-Around: assign the paddles inverted which makes them work ingame properly again; the message will remain correct within the setup screen whatever paddle you assign, dont bother)
    6. [CSW V1/V2] While choosing liveries the selection always hops by two clicks forward and backward; the user is able to select only 50% of the available liveries (Work-Around: none)
    7. [CSW V1/V2] The naming used for assignments for the left analogue stick says "Right Stick" (Work-Around: none)
    8. SOLVED! [GT3 V2] Game lags very hard while playing (Work-Around: Do not put the wheel into PS3-mode; upgrade to newest firmware)
    9. [Alle Wheels] By calibrating the pedals you loose the option to use brake/throttle pedals as L1/R2 buttons which are crucial for navigating the menues (Work-Around: do not calibrate your pedals, they should work just fine without it anyway; if you did a calibration and lost L1/R1 restart the game and wheel)
    10. [CSW V1/V2, Handbrake] CSW V2 handbrake does not work (Work-Around: none)
    11. [CSW V1/V2, CSS] CSS does not work in sequential mode (Work-Around: none)
    Last edited by Fong74; 08-05-2015 at 08:45. Reason: GT3 for #2 added
    | PS4

| Wheel: CSWv2 w/ CSPv2 w/ BMW GT2 Rim (PC driver 231 - Wheel FW 142 | Damping: 100% | 900)
    | In-game: All Deadzones: 0 | All Sensitivities: 50 | FFB/TF: 50/100, Guzzlebeards FFB settings:
    | http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1153387
    | Car-FFb, Spindle | Master Scale: 46 | Scale Fx/Fy/Fz/Mz: 106/102/104/100 | Smooth Fx/Fy/Fz/Mz: 0/0/0/0 | Arm Angle 1500
    | Car-FFb, Body & SOP | Body Scale/Long. Scale/Stiffness/Damping 0/0/0/0 | SoP Scale/Lateral/Diff/Damp 0/10/10/0
    | Controller Input Mode: 3 | Advanced: OFF | Soft Steering Dampering: OFF | Visual Wheel Filtering: OFF | Opposite Lock Help: OFF
    | Wheel Profile: SEN: AUT | FF: 100 | SHo: OFF | ABS: OFF | Lin: OFF | Dea: OFF | Dri: OFF | For: 100 | Spr: 100 | Dpr: 100
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Bonio71, Bruno Alexandre, Eric Bergeret, GAT_Montana, Patrik Marek

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fong74 View Post
    Here is a list of Fanatec issues from our racing community:

1. [CSW V1/V2] FFb strength is set to 100 by default. It feels like the 50 from the PC version (Work-Around: set a higher value than 26 for the FFb strength in the car setup section; remember: this is done on a car basis)
    2. [CSW V1/V2] There is noticeable cogging around the neutral position of the wheel. It is not present on the PC. (Work-Around: None)
    3. [CSW V1/V2] FFb disappears occasionally (Work-Around: turn the wheel off and on while in a menue; alternatively you can leave a gema mode and re-enter; both solve this isuue)
    4. [CSW V1/V2] Assigning buttons fails with error message about not all major functions being assigned (Work-Around: re-start the game and wheel and assign buttons after that; in worst cases assign one button at one time, leave the setup screen and re-enter for the next button assignment)
    5. [CSW V1/V2] Paddles are inverted after button assignments have taken place (Work-Around: assign the paddles inverted which makes them work ingame properly again; the message will remain correct within the setup screen whatever paddle you assign, dont bother)
    6. [CSW V1/V2] While choosing liveries the selection always hops by two clicks forward and backward; the user is able to select only 50% of the available liveries (Work-Around: none)
    7. [CSW V1/V2] The naming used for assignments for the left analogue stick says "Right Stick" (Work-Around: none)
    8. SOLVED! [GT3 V2] Game lags very hard while playing (Work-Around: Do not put the wheel into PS3-mode; upgrade to newest firmware)
    9. [Alle Wheels] By calibrating the pedals you loose the option to use brake/throttle pedals as L1/R2 buttons which are crucial for navigating the menues (Work-Around: do not calibrate your pedals, they should work just fine without it anyway; if you did a calibration and lost L1/R1 restart the game and wheel)
    10. [CSW V1/V2, Handbrake] CSW V2 handbrake does not work (Work-Around: none)
    11. [CSW V1/V2, CSS] CSS does not work in sequential mode (Work-Around: none)
    You might want to make 2 for both that wheel and the GT3 V2 :P.

Also, thank you all for posting your problems, i hope that SMS checks this thread soon and fix all the issues, and SMS I am verry willing to help with testing new settings when they are implemented.
    Last edited by sander; 08-05-2015 at 08:31.
    The following user likes this Post: Fong74