Page 3 of 259 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 2589

Thread: [PS4] Fanatec hardware discussion thread

  1. #21
    WMD Member Gabba73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pontedera (Pi)
    Posts
    15
    I just did few test that dimostrate that Fanatec Porsche GT2 ( and looking around all Fanatec 911 wheel) support for PS4 is only buggy.
    I forcedly install CSR firmware on my GT2; in this way the wheel in game is recognized as Fanatec CSR and all wheel and FF menu are accessible so you can calibrate wheel and pedals and properly configure FF.
    I made a quick test and dead zone seems gone, unfortuantely all buttons are wrong mapped and you can use GT2 in this way because the clutch in game is always engaged.

    Anyway this test shows that Fanatec wheel support in game should well done if it works correctly.

    Hoping in a patch that risolve the 911 issue asap.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: dhevans79, memoric77, sander


  2. #22
    WMD Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabba73 View Post
    I just did few test that dimostrate that Fanatec Porsche GT2 ( and looking around all Fanatec 911 wheel) support for PS4 is only buggy.
    I forcedly install CSR firmware on my GT2; in this way the wheel in game is recognized as Fanatec CSR and all wheel and FF menu are accessible so you can calibrate wheel and pedals and properly configure FF.
    I made a quick test and dead zone seems gone, unfortuantely all buttons are wrong mapped and you can use GT2 in this way because the clutch in game is always engaged.

    Anyway this test shows that Fanatec wheel support in game should well done if it works correctly.

    Hoping in a patch that risolve the 911 issue asap.
    So basically, if we all ware to put CSR firmware on our wheels we would be fine?

  3. #23
    Kart Driver dhevans79's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Geneva
    Posts
    8
    Platform
    PS4

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabba73 View Post
    I just did few test that dimostrate that Fanatec Porsche GT2 ( and looking around all Fanatec 911 wheel) support for PS4 is only buggy.
    I forcedly install CSR firmware on my GT2; in this way the wheel in game is recognized as Fanatec CSR and all wheel and FF menu are accessible so you can calibrate wheel and pedals and properly configure FF.
    I made a quick test and dead zone seems gone, unfortuantely all buttons are wrong mapped and you can use GT2 in this way because the clutch in game is always engaged.

    Anyway this test shows that Fanatec wheel support in game should well done if it works correctly.

    Hoping in a patch that risolve the 911 issue asap.
    That's quite a test, and more than I'm willing to risk to try to get the GT2 working! Kudos to your efforts. Hopefully, SMS can use your input to get a patch out quickly.

  4. #24
    WMD Member Gabba73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pontedera (Pi)
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by sander View Post
    So basically, if we all ware to put CSR firmware on our wheels we would be fine?
    I just did it for test and thanks to it I understand that 911 support is buggy but easily solvable because CSR (same hardware) just works fine.
    I don't suggest to change GT2 firmware with CSR because you could brick the wheel and also because the button are mapped in different way and you can't play PJC as lack of many main buttons (that you can't remap) and bacause in game the clutch is always engaged whetever you do.
    CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16 Ghz | RAM 6GB 800MHz | GPU SAPPHIRE TOXIC - R9 270X 2G GDDR5 | OS Win 8.1 x64 | Screen Asus VK246 24" 1920x1080 | Wheel Fanatec 911 GT2 (FW 756) + Logitech G27 Wheel and Pedals |
    Texture Res HIGH | AF 16x | VSync Off | AA MSAA | Reflections LOW | EnvMap LOW | Vehicle HIGH | Track LOW | Shadows NONE | Motion Blur OFF | Particle Quality LOW | Particle Density LOW | Crepescular Rays ON | Heat Haze ON | Stretched Headlights OFF | Detailed Grass OFF

  5. #25
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabba73 View Post
    I just did it for test and thanks to it I understand that 911 support is buggy but easily solvable because CSR (same hardware) just works fine.
    I don't suggest to change GT2 firmware with CSR because you could brick the wheel and also because the button are mapped in different way and you can't play PJC as lack of many main buttons (that you can't remap) and bacause in game the clutch is always engaged whetever you do.
    The CSR also has that problem, you need to remap the clutch button to R3/L3 for example. Try that and the wheel probably will work.
    What are the missing buttons?
    Last edited by pjrblue; 08-05-2015 at 09:33.

  6. #26
    WMD Member Gabba73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pontedera (Pi)
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by pjrblue View Post
    The CSR also has that problem, you need to remap the clutch button to R3/L3 for example. Try that and the wheel probably will work.
    No way because the Frankenstein GT2 can't navigate through menu to remap keys because lack of R1/L1.
    Mine was just a test to understand the 911 series recognition problem.

    I advice eveyone to wait for the patch that will solve Fanatec wheel support.
    CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16 Ghz | RAM 6GB 800MHz | GPU SAPPHIRE TOXIC - R9 270X 2G GDDR5 | OS Win 8.1 x64 | Screen Asus VK246 24" 1920x1080 | Wheel Fanatec 911 GT2 (FW 756) + Logitech G27 Wheel and Pedals |
    Texture Res HIGH | AF 16x | VSync Off | AA MSAA | Reflections LOW | EnvMap LOW | Vehicle HIGH | Track LOW | Shadows NONE | Motion Blur OFF | Particle Quality LOW | Particle Density LOW | Crepescular Rays ON | Heat Haze ON | Stretched Headlights OFF | Detailed Grass OFF

  7. #27
    Moderator Sankyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,886
    Platform
    PC
    Those having problems with a wheel, could you try and disable your PS4 controller when using the wheel and see if that solves the problem?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

    With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    The following user likes this Post: Fong74


  8. #28
    WMD Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    Those having problems with a wheel, could you try and disable your PS4 controller when using the wheel and see if that solves the problem?
    It doesnt help.

  9. #29
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    14
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by jeygopi View Post
    Have a Porsche 911 GT2 Wheel AU

    Wheel instantly causes game to have extreme lag and be unplayable (Measured framerate of 0.05-0.1 as compared to when played with a controller of 56-58fps (on average)). I was really looking forward to playing this with a wheel, dissapointing seeing as I got the wheel only for this game, and it doesnt work with the exact game I wanted to get it for, hope SMS releases a patch soon or something.

    Contacted fanatec, said it was a problem in SMS side.

    I've tried running the wheel on ps3 mode, and even xbox mode, unresponsive in both, the controls actually work in PC mode.
    I'm in the same boat here as my wheel runs on the stock firmware 681.

    Is it possible for SMS to add and support for firmware 681 as the wheel is still being sold with it included, and the update process is quite laborious (15 odd steps) and if not completed properly can break the wheel and void it's warranty.

    I don't think this is an unreasonable request especially considering other issues which need to be fixed for the 911 GT2 as per this thread.

  10. #30
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    Those having problems with a wheel, could you try and disable your PS4 controller when using the wheel and see if that solves the problem?
    That is another problem, the DS4 (ps4 controller) is disabled in game, so we cannot use it and the wheel at same time.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Sankyo, Titzon Toast


Similar Threads

  1. [XBOX1] Fanatec support/discussion thread
    By Sankyo in forum XB1 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 147
    Last Post: 27-06-2017, 15:20
  2. Formula One 2015 Discussion Thread
    By DBG in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 301
    Last Post: 21-11-2015, 19:50
  3. [PC] Fanatec support/discussion thread
    By Sankyo in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 145
    Last Post: 18-10-2015, 16:18
  4. Audi A1 - Discussion Thread
    By barmydoughnut in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 23-07-2015, 09:15

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •