Page 1 of 262 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Unhandled Exception Trapped, Unable to Play.

Kart Driver

Unhandled Exception Trapped, Unable to Play.

Everytime I try to Load into a race I crash back to desktop with the error message. I can load the game and I can sit in the menu just fine.

Unhandled Exception Trapped. EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION at0x40f12150. Reading from Address 0x2e53f1d1. Thread 0x00000bac

Build SMSARI.20150507.1001.BLDA000

My Rig easily meets recommended requirements for the game.
    I have a gtx 970 12gb of ram and a i7 3770k.
    And purchased from steam.
    This is the only game I get this error for.

I have googled around for this problem and the only information I can find on this are people having the error back in the games closed beta phase, and even then I couldnt find a solid fix. As it stand I am completely unable to play the game.

Where can I contact customer support?

Platform
    PC
    EDITL: Nevermind: forgot that publish exe won't show debug info.

Do you run any OSD software (Such as MSI Afterburner? FRAPS? OBS?)
    If so, shut everything down first.

Also, set the graphics setting to LOW or Medium (no more) and give it a try.
    Last edited by Aldo Zampatti; 07-05-2015 at 23:29.
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

Kart Driver
    I was running msi but it was giving me issues in Grand Theft Auto V so I shut it down. My cpu is overclocked to 4.4 using my ASrock Mobo eufi options and have been since I got it over a year ago with no problems. No Fraps and no obs, altho I have both installed. The first thing I did after starting the game was turn all my gfx settings to ultra. Im currently reinstalling the game but when it finishes I will try to start a race without touching the visual settings first. If that is the problem then Im curious if there is a fix because I really wouldnt want to play the game if I couldnt play it without its full graphical fidelity.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I found that the game refused to run if I had TeamSpeak running and the overlay plugin activated.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by IPwnAll View Post
    I was running msi but it was giving me issues in Grand Theft Auto V so I shut it down. My cpu is overclocked to 4.4 using my ASrock Mobo eufi options and have been since I got it over a year ago with no problems. No Fraps and no obs, altho I have both installed. The first thing I did after starting the game was turn all my gfx settings to ultra. Im currently reinstalling the game but when it finishes I will try to start a race without touching the visual settings first. If that is the problem then Im curious if there is a fix because I really wouldnt want to play the game if I couldnt play it without its full graphical fidelity.
    Beware that ULTRA in this game, means that you should have TITAN-SLI setup (give or take).

But don't freak out, If you keep AA in the lower side (MSAA, HIGH or DS4x) and HIGH on most settings, it will look as beautiful as ultra while driving. Maybe you can spot differences in still mode whatching closely.

I personally only use ULTRA Car and Tracks, and not always, I oftem change them to HIGH to have consistent 60fps

The following 4 users likes this Post: BullWinkle, Cuba, ELAhrairah, PC49NZ

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by norbs View Post
    I found that the game refused to run if I had TeamSpeak running and the overlay plugin activated.

TeamSpeak works, I can assure that, along with PCARS. the overlay might cause some issued (although not to my systems).

The following user likes this Post: Photonenbert

Platform
    PC
    Maybe it's the Overwolf Overlay which causes the error

Edit: Ninja'd again
    System: AMD Phenom II 940 BE @3,5Ghz, AMD Sapphire HD7970 Vapor-X (GHz Edition), 8GB DDR2 RAM, Logitech G27, Windows 8.1 Professional (Media Center Edition) 64bit
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti, BullWinkle

Kart Driver
    Are you getting the same error Im getting?

Yeah it is a very pretty looking game, I could settle for high if it does look that good still. Id still like to give it a try on ultra see how it looks even if my frames are crap. I just hope im even able to get the game running.
    Im also going to try to close my logitech profiler I hear that has fixed it for some people. Again I want to use my wheel so I don't think Id want to play that way either.

Platform
    PC
    If disabling the overlay does not resolve this issue, might be worth verifying the files in Steam just to be sure there is nothing wrong with your download / install.

edit - From another thread, a reboot resolved a similar issue.
    Last edited by Morgan Henstridge; 08-05-2015 at 00:22.
    PC - || Corsair Carbide 540R || EVGA 980 TI Hybrid || Intel i7-3930K 6x @ 4.5 || 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1866 || Asus Rampage IV Extreme || Corsair H100 || Corsair AX1200 || Logitech G19 || Logitech G700 || Fanatec CSW v2 BMW GT & Formula Rims || Fanatec CSS SQ v1.5 || Fanatec CSP V2 || Simvibe || Logitech 5.1 Speakers || 2x Yamaha HS80 || Oculus Rift DK2 || Philips 40" 4K || AOC 34" Ultra-Wide || 2x ReadyNAS Pro Ultra 6 - 18TB & 12TB || Windows 10 Pro ||

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Henstridge View Post
    If disabling the overlay does not resolve this issue, might be worth verifying the files in Steam just to be sure there is nothing wrong with your download / install.

edit - From another thread, a reboot resolved a similar issue.
    I dont have any overlay running, unless you mean the steam overlay.
    I tried verifying my files on steam after I originally had the problem, I did not however try to reboot my system.