Page 1 of 81 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Cars - Ultimate Suggestion Thread

Project Cars - Ultimate Suggestion Thread

Project Cars - Suggestion Thread

As the title suggests, this thread is dedicated towards gathering suggestions from the community on features, changes or content you'd either like to see implemented or changed within the console version of Project Cars. All suggestions provided will be implemented into the original post for easier access and viewing. If you have a suggestion for the game, feel free to leave a comment below and I'll include it below. In addition to this, I will be updating each suggestion with ratings, based on the communities opinions. The purpose of this is to immediately be able to identify which suggestions are the most popular and requested amongst the community so, hopefully, developers can build on from this when looking to implement future content in the near future. I hope you all support this and help drive the future of Project Cars to reach the potential it's capable of achieving.

Note: If you see a suggestion already listed that you're in favour for, leave a comment below showing your support for it, and I'll update the ratings for that suggestion. Additionally, I can not update this every hour, but I will, at the very least, update this thread once a day (usually evening) with all your comments, suggestions and ratings.

Community Suggestions:

• Multi-Class Races (Ratings: 8) - Provide players with the option to host multi-class races in single and multi-player sessions.
    • Allow us to Create Championships (Ratings: 7) - Allow players to setup their own championships within single and multi-player. This should include car types, tracks, weather conditions, point systems and regulations.
    • Easier Access to Liveries (Ratings: 4) - Provide players with easier access to selecting liveries whilst selecting a car. Don't force players to open the garage to select a livery.
    • Switch Car during Replays (Ratings: 4) - Allow players to switch between all cars whilst watching a replay, and view them from all driving perspectives.
    • Less Aggressive AI (Ratings: 4) - Improve the AI to be more aware of you on track. Currently they're very good, but often push you off track or turn into you despite having the racing line.
    • Animated Pit-stops (Ratings: 4) - Implement animated pit-stops to single and multi-player sessions. Have the team waiting for you with tyres and fuel upon entering the pit, not just a single man standing with a board.
    • Free Camera Mode in Photo Mode (Ratings: 4) - Implement a free camera mode in the Photo Mode and during replays.
    • Safety Car (Ratings: 3) - Implement the Safety Car feature for both single and multi-player practice, qualifying and race events.
    • Easier Access to Options and Assists (Ratings: 4) - Provide easier access to options and assists throughout the game. Don't enforce players to return to the menu or lobbies to change assists, controls or graphic options.
    • Friend Leaderboards (Ratings: 3) - Implement support to view friends lap times and statistics on the leader-boards.
    • Additional Options to View Lap and Sector Times Post Race (Ratings: 3) Provide players with the option to view lap and sectors time of all drivers in practice, qualifying, race, spectating and replay modes.
    • Spectate when Race is Complete (Ratings: 3) - Allow players to spectate over drives when they have completed the race. This is far more interesting than watching an AI drive our own car around the track for three minutes.
    • Provide Options for More Car Setups (Ratings: 3) - Allow players to save more than one setup per track, and be able to load those setups anywhere for easier access and editing.
    • Improve Damage Animations (Ratings: 3) - Improve the damage models and animations when blowing an engine, crashing or rolling the car.
    • Save Mid-Race (Ratings: 3) - Provide players with the option to save longer endurance races mid-race in career and single player.
    • Formation Lap (Ratings: 3) - Allow for the option to implement Formation Laps for both single and multi-player races.
    • Obtain More Information from the Engineer (Ratings: 3) - Provide players with the option to contact the engineer mid-session to obtain information about the weather, tyre and damage conditions and current lap-times.
    • Spotter (Ratings: 3) - Notifications alerting you when you're alongside other drivers. This provides more situational awareness during races and helps avoid collisions within multi-player specifically.
    • Include Japanese Cars (Ratings: 3) - Include a selection of Japanese cars into the game.
    • Braking Only Racing Line(Ratings: 3) - Provide players with the option to toggle the racing line to braking only.
    • Additional Support for Assigning Buttons (Ratings: 2) - For both wheel and controller users, there is an issue with not having enough buttons to assign controls. Creating a dial for the D-Pad could be a potential solution, or alternatively, removing the restrictions of enforcing certain functions such as Handbrake, Kers and Clutch.
    • Multiple Monitor support (Ratings: 2) - Allow multiple monitor support for up to three monitors on consoles.
    • Unit Measurements (Ratings: 2) - Allow players to toggle between Imperial and Metric unit measurements.
    • View all Track Lap Records (Ratings: 2) - Provide a section where players are able to view all their quickest lap records on a single screen.
    • View other Drivers HUD (Ratings: 2) - Allow players to view other drivers HUD, view lap times and sectors time.
    • Demo (Ratings: 2) - Provide players with a demo version for the consoles.
    • In-Game Music Player (Ratings: 2) - Allow players to listen to music in-game. Either music provided by an in-game radio or music stored on the console.
    • 24hr Nurburgring Layout(Ratings: 2) - Include the 24hour version of the Nurburgring circuit.
    • Three Stage Qualifying(Ratings: 2) - Allow players to set up a three stage knock out qualifying session. For multiplayer support, this may have to be amended.
    • WRC Events (Ratings: 2) - Implement support for WRC tracks, cars and events.
    • More Multi-Player Statistics (Ratings: 2) - Provide a more in-depth view on our personal multi-player statistics. Lap times, best cars, tracks, online rivals etc.
    • View Individual Lap Records for Individual Cars (Ratings: 2) - Provide a section where players are able to view all their lap records for each track, in each car.
    • Punctures (Ratings: 2) - Implement punctures into the damage system.
    • Improve the Smoke Graphic Effects (Ratings: 2) - Improve the visuals of tyre smoke when locking brakes, spinning or crashing.
    • Oval Racing (Ratings: 2) - Implement tracks such as Indy and Daytona for Oval Racing.
    • Allow Players to Manually Return to Pits (Ratings: 2) - Provide players with the option to manually drive their car back to the pits once the race is complete.
    • Display Corner Numbers on Track Map(Ratings: 2) - During races, display numbers on each corner of each track. This allows players to identify sections of the track more efficiently with other players.
    • View Track Map when Selecting Circuits (Ratings: 2) - Display a track map when selecting a track in single player and multi-player.
    • View Car Stats when Selecting Car (Ratings: 2) - Display car statistics when selecting a car.
    • Empty Tracks during Practice (Ratings: 2) - Small detail: During practice sessions, there should be no spectators or TV cranes. Teams go to test their cars and tweak setups and because of this, the stands would not be filled with thousands of people.
    • View Friends Network Profile (Ratings: 2) - Allow players to view friends statistics and network profiles for single and mutli-player.
    • Custom Helmets (Ratings: 2) - Allow players to select custom helmet designs during the career.
    • Extend Instant Replay Duration (Ratings: 1) - Extend the instant replay duration beyond the two minute restriction.
    • McLaren P1 Wing Movement (Ratings: 1) - Add animations to the McLaren P1 so the rear wing rises and lowers as you brake or gain speed.
    • Mute All (Ratings: 1) - Provide players with the option to mute all players in a lobby.
    • Kick Players (Ratings: 1) - Allow the host of a multiplayer session to kick players.
    • Timed Races (Ratings: 1) - Allow players to create races that are set by a timed duration instead of laps completed. In addition, allow players to set the race distance as the finishing trigger.
    • Drift Mode(Ratings: 1) - Implement support for players who like to drift.
    • BTCC and WTCC(Ratings: 1) - Include BTCC and WTCC cars.
    • Racing Facts (Ratings: 1) - Implement racing facts, historical information or general information that players might either find useful or helpful during loading screens, or as a separate in-game guide.
    • Improve Cockpit and Head Movements (Ratings: 1) - Currently the cockpit and head movements are a little clunky. The hand movements stutter occasionally the turning your head acts almost as a snap animation.
    • Co-Op Career (Ratings: 1) - The option to play alongside another play throughout the career, either on the same team or against each other.
      Support for yellow and red flags, in addition to enforcing penalties on drivers who overtake through yellow flag conditions.
    • Crane/Toe (Ratings: 1) - Upon running out of fuel or sustaining major damage, have an AI come collect you from the side of the track and put out yellow, or red flag conditions. Driving back to the pits whilst missing wheels isn't very realistic or immersive.
    • Select Weather for Individual Sessions (Ratings: 1) - Provide players with the option to set weather and time for individual sessions within multi-player sessions. Example: Clear, day for practice. Night, rain for qualifying. Clear, Storm for race.
    • More Information about Contracts (Ratings: 1) - Provide players with more detailed information about contract and invitational offers during the career mode.
    • Create your own Team (Ratings: 1) - Provide the option to create your own team in the career mode, and work up through the rankings, earning sponsorship and gaining reputation.
    • In-Game Voice Chat (Ratings: 1) - In-game support for voice chat on consoles and PC.

Final Notice: I will attempt to keep this up to date daily. If there is any issues with any information or details provided in this thread, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will amend it as soon as possible. I read all comments and will update the post with your suggestions and votes, usually within 24 hours of the post time.
    Last edited by ThreeAngryOwls; 12-05-2015 at 21:20. Reason: Updating with Additional Ratings and Suggestions

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    oval track (bleh) & indycar are coming...can't recall the source, but they are trying to get the oval racing right & maybe well even have indycar DLC in a couple weeks, who knows
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Beatminister, robdok, tomekf248, zeak920

Quote Originally Posted by yusupov View Post
    oval track (bleh) & indycar are coming...can't recall the source, but they are trying to get the oval racing right & maybe well even have indycar DLC in a couple weeks, who knows
    That's good to know. Always loved the idea of Nascar, bit of a shame it isn't yet, but if it's coming, it's something to look forward to!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Beatminister, robdok

Platform
    PC
    Overtaking Notifications

The spotter is discussed internally, but it's not decided yet. It's already on the WMD Members wishlist

Larger Grid Size Online

There are some experimental Dedicated Servers available for PC. They work like rebroadcasters so that the data has not to go peer2peer.
    At the moment there are possible 32 drivers. You can add the parameter "-autods" in Steam's game properties.

NOTE: these servers are experimental and not final

Formation Lap

Already on the WMD Members wishlist More info to come

Manual Pit Control

Oval Track? Indy 500?

Indy Cars and Oval Tracks are planned - more info to come

-----

For the rest I'm not sure myself, have to do some research on the WMD forums
    System: AMD Phenom II 940 BE @3,5Ghz, AMD Sapphire HD7970 Vapor-X (GHz Edition), 8GB DDR2 RAM, Logitech G27, Windows 8.1 Professional (Media Center Edition) 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Pinna View Post
    Overtaking Notifications

The spotter is discussed internally, but it's not decided yet. It's already on the WMD Members wishlist

Larger Grid Size Online

There are some experimental Dedicated Servers available for PC. They work like rebroadcasters so that the data has not to go peer2peer.
    At the moment there are possible 32 drivers. You can add the parameter "-autods" in Steam's game properties.

NOTE: these servers are experimental and not final

Formation Lap

Manual Pit Control

Oval Track? Indy 500?

Indy Cars and Oval Tracks are planned - more info to come

-----

For the rest I'm not sure myself, have to do some research on the WMD forums
    I can imagine larger grid sizes for PC, although I play on Xbox One myself. I understand there is limitations for this, but even if it was just a grid increase for AI in private matches, that would be welcome. It's good to know these features are also discussed, would it be possible to provide a link to this wishlist?

Platform
    PC
    For the Wishlist - here it is - But you won't be able to read it without WMD Membership

Link to Wishlist
    System: AMD Phenom II 940 BE @3,5Ghz, AMD Sapphire HD7970 Vapor-X (GHz Edition), 8GB DDR2 RAM, Logitech G27, Windows 8.1 Professional (Media Center Edition) 64bit
    The following user likes this Post: Dmny

Superkart Pilot
    A free camera for Photo Mode would be fantastic. At the moment, even with a number of different cameras, it's quite restrictive. I love photo modes in car games.
    The following user likes this Post: -IGN- Spinster

That would be nice actually. Would also be nice to see something in-game to support community photographers and such.

Kart Driver
    That possible bug that was mentioned about the fuel running out during a qualifying session, my engine blew in one of the karting races last night, and the same thing sort of happened. A countdown timer seemed to appear, but then vanished very quickly. It looked like a big number five. I waited and waited, watched all of the cars overtake me, and nothing happened. I just sat in the gravel watching the engine smoke. I eventually skipped to the end of the session, but that resulted in my team thinking that I had just thrown in the towel, rather than it being registered as a mechanical failure. Even the social media people on the dashboard were saying my performance was bad. Ha! It didn't bother me, but just letting you know that this has happened to me too. I think the game glitched, not registering my breakdown when it should have done. I was on course to setting a great lap-time as well!

Quote Originally Posted by DRiVEandRiDE TV View Post
    That possible bug that was mentioned about the fuel running out during a qualifying session, my engine blew in one of the karting races last night, and the same thing sort of happened. A countdown timer seemed to appear, but then vanished very quickly. It looked like a big number five. I waited and waited, watched all of the cars overtake me, and nothing happened. I just sat in the gravel watching the engine smoke. I eventually skipped to the end of the session, but that resulted in my team thinking that I had just thrown in the towel, rather than it being registered as a mechanical failure. Even the social media people on the dashboard were saying my performance was bad. Ha! It didn't bother me, but just letting you know that this has happened to me too. I think the game glitched, not registering my breakdown when it should have done. I was on course to setting a great lap-time as well!
    Hmm, odd. My issue was mainly tied to multiplayer, but if it's also happening in single player, I'm assuming it's nothing to do with connections then. :I