Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: North America PSN Question

Kart Driver

North America PSN Question

Hi,

Will pCars be available in the North American PSN store at launch?

I heard that Sony NA has an 8 week advance for pre-orders which is why we were unable to pre-order / load. Will that be affecting release or is that a separate requirement and we'll be able to order/download on Tuesday.

Thanks!!!

All the videos look awesome! Great work, I'm pumped to play!
    The following user likes this Post: ukfan758

Kart Driver
    That's a great question. When??? I've been sending Twitter and Facebook messages for 2 weeks with no reply. I'm getting to the stage that I feel I don't won't it as it appears clear that the developers couldn't care less. Tell us something, or at the very least ensure that we will get the same perks as preordering.

Rookie
    yea, i've sent a few messages via twitter and facebook as well for the past month. uk and eu pre-order went up about a month ago, so that makes no sense why it wouldn't go up for the us one at the same time.

Platform
    PS4
    Why not just buy it from the EU PSN?

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theitch21 View Post
    Tell us something, or at the very least ensure that we will get the same perks as preordering.
    Their hands are tied on some parts as to why they can't talk about it, but it has been said/confirmed that the digital version comes with the same perks as preordering.
    Intel Core i5 4670k | 8GB DDR3 | Gigabyte Geforce 970 | Win 8.1 x64 | Logitech G27 | TH8RS Shifter | PNY Optima 240gb SSD + WD Black 1tb HDD | Clubsport Pedals | 24" Dell Monitor

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by danowat View Post
    Why not just buy it from the EU PSN?
    because we'd need a separate psn account id and any dlc we got would have to be from that id and the eu psn store, so if we wanted any paid dlc we'd have to pay in pounds. also, having a seperate id would mean refriending everyone (im sure theyd all have room for extra friends tho, since the ps4 can have like 2000 i think)

if any of this is incorrect please correct me, but as far as i know that's how that would work.

Some one posted on reddit hope its true.

Hey [iceman741],

Thanks for your email.

It doesn’t look like we’re going to have a preorder on the US Playstation Store, sadly. It turns out that for preorders to be accepted on the Store, we need to apply for a spot eight weeks in advance. Because of the moving release date, we were unable to do that. Once the game had gone Gold, we felt it more important to get the game out there rather than delay just to lock in preorders.

Unfortunately, we can’t secure a slot now. Lord knows, I’ve tried. I know it’s a pain in the neck, and we are doing what we can – but our powers are limited! Really appreciate the support, though.

Once the game is available via the US Playstation Store, bear in mind that our digital versions come with both the Limited Edition and Modified Car Packs – so you’re not losing out on any preorder content.

Thanks, and hope to see you on the track, Pete.

TL;DR - No preorder, but we still get the car packs. Sigh of relief.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Growlmon, ukfan758

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaWalter View Post
    because we'd need a separate psn account id and any dlc we got would have to be from that id and the eu psn store, so if we wanted any paid dlc we'd have to pay in pounds. also, having a seperate id would mean refriending everyone (im sure theyd all have room for extra friends tho, since the ps4 can have like 2000 i think)

if any of this is incorrect please correct me, but as far as i know that's how that would work.
    This is true Jessica.

Quote Originally Posted by johnpro View Post

Hey [iceman741],

Thanks for your email.

It doesn’t look like we’re going to have a preorder on the US Playstation Store, sadly. It turns out that for preorders to be accepted on the Store, we need to apply for a spot eight weeks in advance. Because of the moving release date, we were unable to do that. Once the game had gone Gold, we felt it more important to get the game out there rather than delay just to lock in preorders.

Unfortunately, we can’t secure a slot now. Lord knows, I’ve tried. I know it’s a pain in the neck, and we are doing what we can – but our powers are limited! Really appreciate the support, though.

Once the game is available via the US Playstation Store, bear in mind that our digital versions come with both the Limited Edition and Modified Car Packs – so you’re not losing out on any preorder content.

And this is also true as it was a Pete Morrish's (SMS producer) statement. I don't have the pre-order option also down here so still a few more days until the 12th for PS4. Luckily my PC and laptop both rocks with PCARS while waiting
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

The following user likes this Post: Growlmon

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by johnpro View Post

Hey [iceman741],

Thanks for your email.

It doesnít look like weíre going to have a preorder on the US Playstation Store, sadly. It turns out that for preorders to be accepted on the Store, we need to apply for a spot eight weeks in advance. Because of the moving release date, we were unable to do that. Once the game had gone Gold, we felt it more important to get the game out there rather than delay just to lock in preorders.

Unfortunately, we canít secure a slot now. Lord knows, Iíve tried. I know itís a pain in the neck, and we are doing what we can Ė but our powers are limited! Really appreciate the support, though.

Once the game is available via the US Playstation Store, bear in mind that our digital versions come with both the Limited Edition and Modified Car Packs Ė so youíre not losing out on any preorder content.

If that is true then I'll let my $5 pre order at game stop just sit there and get it from the Store. I'll just make sure it's downloading while I'm at work so I can play when I get home.

Platform
    PC
    That is true, still, you won't be able to pre-order digitally.
    Personally, I like boxed copies
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)