Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ps4 - lots of issues to report...

Kart Driver

Unhappy Ps4 - lots of issues to report...

Issue 1

Framerate. Its actually abysmal. I cannot put it any politer then this to be brutally honest. It displays the worse case of screen tear I've encountered on my Ps4 since owning it, and i've played a lot of Ps4 games since its purchase in November 2013. the replay performance is at best ok ish but most of the time its bordering on just terrible. Screen tearing is all over the place in replay mode, makes me feel ill looking at the replays, would cause me headaches. Performance within the game is also abysmal with anything over 12 cars on the grid, I cannot understand why there is no v sync option. I'd gladly drop to 30 fps v sync so I think an option for this would be fantastic, game clearly cannot maintain 60fps so no point in not giving the option to cap to 30fps.

Issue 2

DS4 speaker and pit announcements. So, how do I turn off from coming out the speaker on the DS4 and through my TV instead or my headset so as I don't annoy the family if gaming with a headset on?

Issue 3

How do I change ingame gamma? i'm not adjusting my TV brightness for one game when pretty much all other Ps4 games offer brightness adjustments

Issue 4

Pit crew, lovely noise I get when I go in for tire changes, shame I can't actually see anyone doing any work. All the trailers I watched showed a busy pit crew, to me looks a bit, well empty really, and why does the AI at spa when exiting the pit drive me into the pit wall, and any another issue, why does my in helmet cam view change to cockpit view after a pit stop? I have to press square to get my preferred view back

Issue 5

Spectate mode, if I hide the UI I get plonked back into my car, in cockpit view

Issue 6

In replay mode, which to be honest is totally broken anyhow due to tearing and cars seeming to skip around, looks so weird when a car appears to skip forward.. But anyhow, where is the photomode options during replay mode?

Issue 7

Why can't we change settings whilst in game, whilst driving that is, you have to quit to the main menu each time to test settings. So tiresome.

Issue 8

Whilst doing qualification if I cross the line with around 30 seconds left I'd expect to be able to complete my lap and then have to drive to the pits when session over. Nope, you get dumped to a results screen and you can't finish your last flying lap, and you cannot drive to the pits, I remember this basic feature being a part of F1 2010.

Issue 9

If you have steering assist on, if you try and pit, you have to wrestle with the car as the assist attempts to drive you back to the track away from the pit entry lane.

Issue 10

When I earn a trophy my Ps4 takes a screen shot, these screen shots are abysmal. They look blurred and have a second ghost image, I've seen and heard about this on various forums, it is true, this game on Ps4 has image ghosting.

I've found all of these issues with only a few hours worth of play, good game amongst this list, but is there anywhere or anyone who can report this lot to devs?

the worse offender is the screen tearing, its terrible, Not even GT5 on Ps3 performed this badly more so in replay mode.

If FM5 on X1 can run without tearing, then what is this games problem? Understand its got dynamic weather, some heavy physics going on, but has the Ps4 render team not heard of frame capping or triple buffering?

Thanks all, appreciate I've maybe targeted myself and earned instant dislike - but I've paid good money for this game, and it feels totally unfinished and unpolished.

Kart Driver
    Nearly a year late and perhaps still too early? lol. I've experienced issues such as one of the JPS cars has no engine sound in-game, where all the other cars of course do. But on the positive side I'm finding it to be an absolute blast. The engine sounds with everything else is so spot on, makes manual shifting easy without needing to check the tacho every other second.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    I can sign under issues 7, 8 and 6 in this priority.

7 - being unable to change settings at any time is quite annoying.
    8 - you should be allowed to finish your lap after checkered flag is out.
    6 - replays look bad.

Rookie
    The following issues are the most jarring for me personally, would love to see fixes for them asap:

2 - DS4 speaker and pit announcements. So, how do I turn off from coming out the speaker on the DS4 and through my TV instead or my headset so as I don't annoy the family if gaming with a headset on?
    10 - When I earn a trophy my Ps4 takes a screen shot, these screen shots are abysmal.

Kart Driver
    1, 6, 7 and 8 piss me off. They need to be fixed soon or I'll drop the game. Most underwhelming racing game I've bought in a long time.

Platform
    PC
    I answer to my best knowledge and with best intentions:

Issue 4 (Pitcrew):

• The animations come postrelease. Otherwise they would be buggy!
    • That with the camera is pretty sure a known bug
    • That with the Pit Exit at Spa is a known problem

Issue 5:

I think this is a known bug. And i think they will fix it soon

Issue 7:

Common ... you set up the game once and youre good. I dont know how you can spend more than 1h to set it up. The only long taking thing is setting up the steering, but the presets are mostly pretty good

Issue 8:

I do know that its not done realistic in PCARS, but i think you just have to adjust the behaviour. How - i make an example: If the actual Best lap time is 2:00.000 - then get the timing right to cross the finish line at around 2:10.000 to get one more lap ... in the end its pretty much the same in real world besides that you have 1 more lap there. Tbh this is a very small "thing" - i would call it a "feature"-request. I will post it in the WMD-Forum for you okay? I would like to see it aswell

Dont worry the devs are reading the threads here and im pretty sure most (if not all) Bugs / Problems are on the list to get fixed.

Thank you for reporting the bugs & problems - keep it doing
    Last edited by Jan Studenski; 08-05-2015 at 08:50.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Fong74, hkraft300, iv-tecman

Platform
    PS4
    Has anyone noticed a kind of static noise driving the formula cars (PS4)? not sure with other cars but with the Formula cars I noticed some unusual gravel/static noise. seems a little more pronounced through headphones.

Maybe I should just avoid the gravel traps haha

As for the frame-rate issues - I haven't noticed that. Maybe I need glasses.
    Proper read about system performance on that link. PS > Xbox I'm sorry

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...mance-analysis

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Has anyone noticed a kind of static noise driving the formula cars (PS4)? not sure with other cars but with the Formula cars I noticed some unusual gravel/static noise. seems a little more pronounced through headphones.
    Could be that you are hearing the "plank" or "skid block" under the chassis making contact with the circuit.

Platform
    PC
    I fully agree with the named issues.

One additional Point may be that you wont get any Information in replays what is bad for online leagues. You even cant Change through the field, you solely can follow your own car. it would be highl appreciated to have the same functionality as you have as spectator if you simulate the race.
    CPU: Intel Core i7-2600, 4x 3.40GHz • RAM: 12GB • HD: 1064GB (64GB SSD + 1000GB HDD) • DVD+/-RW DL • GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080, Fantatec Turbo S Wheel@750B and1.52; Wheelbase V2 with Porsche 918 wheel| CSR Elite Pedals | Windows 10 64-bit | 75" LG 75“ UHD | Oculus Rift CV1 | Xbox Elite Controller

Famous last words: Who's braking late stays longer fast

Kart Driver
    Jan many thanks for taking the time to replying as I know I posted a big list.

The frame rate slowly got worse and worse last night. To the point at brands hatch or spa I was seeing white dots across the track. Looked like sparkles wasn't right. I removed the game and downloaded from psn as I've got the digital pre order version , once it downloaded , thankfully its onky a 18 GB download with a 900 mb patch, I rebooted my os4 and rebuilt it's database.

Screen tear in game as now drastically reduced but replay is still a huge mess when viewing relays from track side... Very bad screen tear. So I do think a fps cap and v sync for replays is needed.

I also noticed , formula a sat in pit's no tire warmers in tires, is this something coming with the pit crew add on mentioned?

Another issue, the DTM Mercedes touring cars, all the liveries are bland solid colours, are those to be updated with numbers etc?

And you have warm up laps, this is more a feature request but what about parade lap?