Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Terrible framerate on AMD Crossfire setup

Kart Driver

Terrible framerate on AMD Crossfire setup

G'Day,

Wondering if anyone can help me, I have been looking forward to this game for a long time, and have nothing but disappointment since I bought it.

I tried the leaked beta several months ago and the game ran smooth as silk with all settings on high.

However, since the retail release has come out, I can barely manage 20fps with only 10 cars on the track with all settings on medium with no AA.

At the start of any race it looks like a slideshow, ie. 10fps, then whenever anymore than a couple of cars are in front of me it runs at 20fps.

If I play with no other cars on the track in clear weather, the frame rate will jump up to 40-55fps at times with the game set on medium settings.

If I enable rain the game drops right back down to 20fps.

My system specs are: Intel i5 4670K at 4.5ghz (liquid cooled), 8gb DDR3 1866 ram, 2x 3gb Sapphire HD7950's in crossfire, trying to run the game in 1920x1080. Logitech G27 wheel and pedals.

I originally had the 15.4 beta drivers installed, but have since done a clean uninstall of all drivers and reverted back to the 14.12 omega drivers, which made no difference.

Something doesn't seem right, the way the game is at the moment for me it is unplayable, and if I could get a refund, I would be more than happy.

Thanks,

PanterA ... Forever Stronger Than All
    Last edited by PanterACFH; 08-05-2015 at 00:04.

Platform
    PC
    If you ran the "Leaked Beta", you may have old Profile info that could be affecting the current release.

First thing I would try is delete the Profile, or graphics config as a minimum.

These are found in the Project Cars folder in My Documents.
    PC - || Corsair 600C || 1080 TI Founders Edition || AMD Ryzen 7 1800x || 16GB DDR4 4000mhz || Asus Crosshair VI Hero || EKWB 360 + 240 RAD Custom Loop (CPU / GPU) || Corsair AX1200 || Logitech G910 Orion Spectruim || Logitech G700 || Fanatec CSW v2 BMW GT & Formula Rims || Fanatec CSS SQ v1.5 || Fanatec CSP V3 Brake Performance Kit || Fanatec Handbrake || Simvibe || Logitech 5.1 Speakers || 2x Yamaha HS80 || Oculus Rift CV1 ||AOC 34" Ultra-Wide IPS || Synology DS1817+ || Windows 10 Pro x64 ||

Platform
    PC
    Panter... For proper AMD GPU support, sadly, we will have to wait until proper better Driver support.

So Far, If you run Windows7,8,8.1, your best experience would be with 15.3 but don't expect 100% increase over single GPU or Magic Smoothness. It will take time for you to set it up in a way that it works.
    So for you specially I would say:

1) Install 15.3 or 15.4 drivers
    2) Set up LOW and MEDIUMs in VISUAL options inside PCARS. No more than that
    3) DISABLE Detail Grass (or put it on LOW as maximum)
    4) Try VSYNC on and off to find YOUR smoother experience.
    5) Use Render Frames Ahead=1 to reduce input lag. =2 it should be smoother but with slightly more lag

Let me know, I'll help you out further if needed

EDIT: AND YES, as morgan said, Delete your profile from MyDocuments AND from Steam/UserData/xxxxxx/nnnnn folder (the pcars one!)
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Zampatti View Post
    Let me know, I'll help you out further if needed
    Thank you for the help.

I'll try that when I get home tonight after work.

Last edited by PanterACFH; 08-05-2015 at 02:09.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PanterACFH View Post
    Thank you for the help.

I'll try that when I get home tonight after work.

No worries. But patience is needed for AMD users as we are. They're working around the clock to get a better PCARS support for us as far as I understand

Kart Driver
    No worries. But patience is needed for AMD users as we are. They're working around the clock to get a better PCARS support for us as far as I understand
    I went through my Windows system last night and uninstalled all the crap I haven't used in a while.
    Did a clean removal of the Catalyst 14.12 drivers, installed the 15.4 beta drivers again.
    Turned off bloom, heat haze and tweaked a few other settings.
    Game is running a fair bit better now, between 60-90fps with no other cars on track, up over 40fps now with 10 cars or so on track.
    Whilst it is still far from perfect, I'll just have to be patient and wait for AMD to hopefully release some new drivers soon.

Desktop: Core i5 4670K with Antec KÜHLER H2O 650 @ 4.5Ghz - ASUS H87-PRO MotherBoard
    8GB Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz - 2x Sapphire HD7950Ghz 3Gb GDDR5 OC Edition V2
    Logitech G27 wheel and pedals, custom made racing cockpit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laptop: Metabox/Clevo P150HM - 32Gb Corsair RAM - AMD HD6990M 2Gb GDDR5 - - 128Gb SSD + 1Tb HDD

The following 3 users likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti, GT500, Mark Bevan

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PanterACFH View Post
    I went through my Windows system last night and uninstalled all the crap I haven't used in a while.
    Did a clean removal of the Catalyst 14.12 drivers, installed the 15.4 beta drivers again.
    Turned off bloom, heat haze and tweaked a few other settings.
    Game is running a fair bit better now, between 60-90fps with no other cars on track, up over 40fps now with 10 cars or so on track.
    Whilst it is still far from perfect, I'll just have to be patient and wait for AMD to hopefully release some new drivers soon.

Please post a screenshot of your Visual Options (where resolution is) and I'll recommend you even further for the best performance possible with your setup

Kart Driver
    Please post a screenshot of your Visual Options (where resolution is) and I'll recommend you even further for the best performance possible with your setup
    Cheers mate, here are my current settings.

Desktop: Core i5 4670K with Antec KÜHLER H2O 650 @ 4.5Ghz - ASUS H87-PRO MotherBoard

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laptop: Metabox/Clevo P150HM - 32Gb Corsair RAM - AMD HD6990M 2Gb GDDR5 - - 128Gb SSD + 1Tb HDD

Platform
    PC
    Suggestions only for your system:

Visual FX
    Bloom to ON (better lighting specially at night)
    Global Specular irradiance to On
    Crepuscular Rays to on (if you like that effect, I love it!)

/////
    Performance
    Texture Filtering to Aniso 8x (almost no perf lost in there)
    AntiAliasin set to OFF .. and
    FXAA to LOW - This is an alternative of running MSAA and none, should be similar performance, it worth the shot!
    Reflections to LOW
    Environment Map to LOW
    Render Frames Ahead =2
    Particles both to LOW

Try those settings, and report back if you felt it the same, faster or slower.
    In my opinion, you should have similar/better performance with a better looking graphics (slightly)

The following 2 users likes this Post: BazzaLB, Mark Bevan

Kart Driver
    Thank you for your help Aldo.
    Much better looking graphics with those suggestions, and frame rates are also a lot better.
    I am now running the game on Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 10074 which also gave me quite a nice boost in frame rate.
    Now at the start of a race with a full grid, it only chugs down to 35fps or so. However when racing the game sits anywhere between 55 to 105fps.
    Even when raining with several cars in front of me it doesn't drop below 45fps.
    I am sure it will only get better once AMD release some new drivers with fixes for pCars.
    Once again, I really appreciate your help and am now enjoying the game immensely.

Regards,
    Matt

The following 2 users likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti, BazzaLB