Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: G27 Wheel Calibration issue

Kart Driver

G27 Wheel Calibration issue

I have the Logitech profiler (5.10) setup globally for 900° and I am able to get past the initial calibration setting at full clockwise. When the second part starts with the wheel fully clockwise it registers as 180° instead of the actual 450° that it is. When I center the wheel it goes back to 0 but when I start moving it clockwise or counterclockwise it starts counting down from 17142° and is at about 830° at the actual physical 90° position.

I have completely uninstalled all drivers and Logitech software and reinstalled with the same problem persisting. I have also played with the windows calibration software and the wheel seems to track properly in that no matter what the degrees of rotation is set to.

Is there any solution for this?

Platform
    PC
    When calibrating, go full lock left then full lock right before returning to center and moving to the next step.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Kart Driver
    I tried that, no luck. Nothing seems to change the jump from 0° to 17142° on the second step.

WMD Member
    I do it differently to Mahjik, and have been recommending it the following way.

Have your wheel centered.
    begin calibration wizard.
    Turn wheel all the way anti clockwise
    Click next
    Turn the wheel all the way back so you end up 90 degrees from center. (A G27 will read 899 or 901 depending which you choose)
    Click save.
    CPU: i7 4790K. MOBO: Asus Maximus VII gene. RAM: 16GB Kingston hyper x @ 1600Mhz. GPU: GTX 780 PSU: Seasonic Platinum 750W CPU COOLER: Corsair H105.Chassis: Lian Li PC-359B OS: Win 8.1 x64 Display: LG 21:9 2560x1080

Current Input
    : G27 | Xbox 360 controller - no assists

Kart Driver
    No go, same problem persists. I'm gonna wipe and reinstall the game to see if that fixes it.

Platform
    PC
    Can you make a video when calibrating? I don't understand your problem fully.
    When you turn the wheel 90° it has to show something around 900° ingame.
    My Sys: i7 6700K@4GHZ; Palit GTX 1080 Game Rock; 32GB Ram (2666MHZ) Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 (BMW Rim, Formula Rim and Universal Hub with QSP 300mm Wheel)
    CSP v3 + Clubsport Shifter SQ + DSD "Crew Chief" Button Box + Fanatec Handbrake + Oculus Rift CV1
    Seat from a Golf 3

2x27" AOC I2769VM + 1x 7" Screen for Telemetry, Everything on a Motedis Alu-Rig
    Origin-ID: dominiczeth ; Steam-ID: dominiczeth
    WMD 1 2xSenior, WMD 2 Gold Member, WMD Member since 2011

Platform
    PC
    Why are you calibrating anyway?

You dont need to calibrate if you use default steering range in Logitech Profiler and the Wheel Preset (which you still can postedit)

Its perfect like it is (at least for me) - i just increase ingame the FFB to 100% to get the full range of effect. Imo more strength is unrealistic
    Last edited by Jan Studenski; 08-05-2015 at 08:40.
    The following user likes this Post: Obermokel

Kart Driver
    No video, but here are some pics:

At Zero:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZeroDegree.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	200386

Slightly Clockwise from Zero reading:

Name:	SlightlyClockwise.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	200391

Slightly Counter-Clockwise from Zero reading:

Name:	SlightlyCounterClockwise.jpg 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	200392

90 Degrees Clockwise:

Name:	90Clockwise.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	200387

90 Degrees Counter-Clockwise:

Name:	90CounterClockwise.jpg 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	200388

Full rotation Counter-Clockwise:

Name:	FullClockwise.jpg 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	200389

Full rotation Clockwise:

Name:	FullCounterClockwise.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	200390

Martin G Webb
    I have a G27, I haven't come across this particular issue however in the profiler options there is a check box marked 'Allow Game to change Settings'.

Uncheck that box otherwise the profiler will set the range and during game calibration the game will try to re-write that setting. Oh and always, always run through a full left to right lock and up and down on each pedal BEFORE launching pCARS but with the profiler running.
    The following user likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti

Platform
    PC
    Do as Marting suggest and also try to shut down profiler before running pCARS. Logitech software caused me more issues than solutions
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)