Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No tire or brake sound?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

No tire or brake sound?

Steam version. I turned engine volume down to 30%, pit/music off, master volume 100%, sound effects 90%. Whenever I apply the brakes, drift or do a burn out, there isn't any noise to indicate that it is happening. Is this a bug? I can't tell if the backend of a car is about to break loose till it is too late because there isn't auditory cursor. I can look in the rear view mirror and confirm smoke, but no sound of it happening. All I have is engine sound and crowd noise. Is this correct?

WMD Member
    I have the same issue. With headphones on, I can hear the sounds very faintly but they are almost impossible to make out. Perhaps it is a stereo mixing issue?

Platform
    PC
    Weird. I do hear them pretty clear. Maybe is a per car basis?

Which cars have you tried so far?
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

The following user likes this Post: Eric Bergeret

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Thank you for the replies. I swear it had sound yesterday and then last night, I noticed that a quick update came across when I launched the game via Steam and that is when the issues started to appear. I've tried mostly road cars, BMW 1 series, E30 and RUF GT3. I agree with niwrA, I wonder if this is some bug related to sound not coming from the motherboard audio out or something. He had headphones and I'm running the sound through HDMI. I may try to plug in some basic computer speakers and see what happens. Thanks for the input and ideas!
    The following user likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti

Platform
    PC
    I've just gave the McLarenP1 a go in Brands Hatch, both tire and brake sounds are there. There were a little subtle to me, but I've tried on my laptop speakers so in headphones should be more accurate.
    Try disabling the assist to get the wheels to spin and lock so you're sure they are there

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Aldo, thanks for the reply. In response to working with the CSR configuration, I deleted and created a new profile. I think that may have helped a little. I just test drove the BMW 320 and got sound however, it is very faint and very hard to hear. Example, I got up to speed, put car in neutral and slammed on the brakes and at the end maybe just a little tire squeal. I lament that Project Cars, whereas there are more than ample variables for FFB, there are very few for sound. I think in Assetto Corsa, you could adjust the sound for these types of events. For me, starting back with GT and Forza 3, having the sound of the tires is a vital driver feedback. Again, along with the Rivali plugin on AC, at least I could visually see the load being put on each specific tire. I wonder if there is a way to ask the developers to add "Other Car Sounds" as a parameter?

Here is how I presently have my audio set:
    Master = 100%
    Music = 50%
    Engine = 60%
    Sound Effects = 80%
    Pit to Car Radio = 100%

Perhaps they could break out Sound Effects to Car Sound Effects and Environmental Sound Effects. That would be a BIG help IMHO. If anyone knows of a file that I can tweak (ala Skyrim.ini's), please let me know. TIA.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by thespeedracerx View Post
    Aldo, thanks for the reply. In response to working with the CSR configuration, I deleted and created a new profile. I think that may have helped a little. I just test drove the BMW 320 and got sound however, it is very faint and very hard to hear. Example, I got up to speed, put car in neutral and slammed on the brakes and at the end maybe just a little tire squeal. I lament that Project Cars, whereas there are more than ample variables for FFB, there are very few for sound. I think in Assetto Corsa, you could adjust the sound for these types of events. For me, starting back with GT and Forza 3, having the sound of the tires is a vital driver feedback. Again, along with the Rivali plugin on AC, at least I could visually see the load being put on each specific tire. I wonder if there is a way to ask the developers to add "Other Car Sounds" as a parameter?

Here is how I presently have my audio set:
    Master = 100%
    Music = 50%
    Engine = 60%
    Sound Effects = 80%
    Pit to Car Radio = 100%

Perhaps they could break out Sound Effects to Car Sound Effects and Environmental Sound Effects. That would be a BIG help IMHO. If anyone knows of a file that I can tweak (ala Skyrim.ini's), please let me know. TIA.
    Try turning up the engine sound a bit higher, it might help.
    Anyway, Dr. Baysted expressed in this public forum regarding the braking sound, so the sound team is aware of the "issue". Although it is not a bug (IMHO), just a balance preference, to me personally is just fine, I don't need to hear those sounds louder, I prefer to feel it from the FFB which I do.

Other users and WMD members are in the same tune as you are, so maybe in the future we can see an independent slider or something, I'll report this anyway but keep in mind is it just a balance thing that should satisfy the most amount of users.

thanks a lot for your honest feedback and input, buddy!
    AZ

The following user likes this Post: yusupov

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    I have everything set at 100% (except Music and Pit Radio which I turn off) and it sounds great.
    Dr. Baysted our sound engineer recommended using 100% for now.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following 3 users likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti, thespeedracerx, yusupov

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Zampatti View Post
    Dr. Baysted expressed in this public forum regarding the braking sound, so the sound team is aware of the "issue". Although it is not a bug (IMHO), just a balance preference, to me personally is just fine, I don't need to hear those sounds louder, I prefer to feel it from the FFB which I do.

Other users and WMD members are in the same tune as you are, so maybe in the future we can see an independent slider or something, I'll report this anyway but keep in mind is it just a balance thing that should satisfy the most amount of users.
    AZ
    Aldo and Roger, thank you for your reply! I look forward to the sound issue being addressed. I'll crank up the volume sliders based on your recommendations. Thank you for making me aware of the efforts to make a great game even better. Here's to flat bugs. See you on the track!
    The following user likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    i feel like in AC this is a bit OVERdone, but here it seems too lacking, would be nice to find a balance.
    Thrustmaster TX/CSR Elites/TH8a Shifter
    980OC/5820k@4.5/8GB DDR4@2400(stock)/WINDOWS 10
    The following user likes this Post: jimortality