Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 881

Thread: [G25-G27] - Wheel Setup Guide

  1. #11
    WMD Member JamoZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    29
    For the people who want to try a little experiment in favor of a different kind of FFB and missed a previous post from me :

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaimy Mewe View Post
    Make sure the profiler isn`t running, this made a world of difference for me. From hating the FFB for months, to actually starting to enjoy it the past hour or so. I like a slightly lighter FFB with more details coming trough instead of FFB that`s so heavy that i`m getting tired after 10 minutes. For me it now feels closer to Assetto Corsa and RF2.

    I suggest anyone who`s experiencing a spring driven FFB on logitech wheels to disable the profiler completely, tune down the overall FFB a bit (85) and only tune the in car FFB scales (master scale between 50/70). It`s too early to speak of a massive breaktrough since not enough people have tried it yet, but i might be on to something for people who want a different FFB experience....
    Please report back with some results so i can see if it`s only me or that we`re on to something for logitech wheels here
    CPU : i7 3770K @ 4.5 Ghz Motherboard : Asus Sabretooth Z77 PSU : Seasonic X-1050 Video Cards : GTX780 RAM : 8GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 OS : Windows 7 64bit Controllers : Logitech G25 + Fanatec Club Sport Pedals V2 Displays : 3x LG 24`s & LG G2 with Dashmeter pro Audio : Creative X-FI fatality , Roccat Cave 5.1 headset

    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
    The following user likes this Post: yusupov


  2. #12
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    6
    Thank you for share your settings dude

    PD: check my post, there is another setting for G25 by Mahjik: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ettings-needed

  3. #13
    WMD Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    882
    Platform
    PC
    yep please try the above & give feedback -- i do not think it matters if profiler is open or not, except for the small amount of smoothing (if you turned off damping in the logitech profiler). but obviously 2x the FFB, while it seems crazy, unless im misreading the meter (possible) it doesnt clip, or not much anyway.

    i quickly tried w/ caterham classic at donington which i drove just last night & i felt my driving was just as good & it felt pretty comfortable (at first it will feel way too heavy & springy, & this might just be the case, but i think its interesting). as far as surface feedback its pretty much perfect at this setting imo. maybe the x & y forces need to be turned down (maybe a lot!) but it should help with ppl who are complaining about not feeling the bumps
    Thrustmaster TX/CSR Elites/TH8a Shifter
    980OC/5820k@4.5/8GB DDR4@2400(stock)/WINDOWS 10

  4. #14
    WMD Member Photonenbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mannheim
    Posts
    406
    so I tested what you mentioned JamoZ:

    What I have experienced:

    - I turned off the profiler
    - I turned master scale in a car of my choice up to 50 (standard is 26 for all cars)
    - I lowered FFB in the configuration to 85 (had 100)

    it is different! who knew?

    the problem I get with this:

    - when I do all 3 of those things I loose the weight shift feeling of the car and have less roadsurface feeling. I will have another go at it with tire force at 100 to see if the strongness of the FFB just overlapped those feelings.

    - Master Scale does in fact increase Kerb feedback and such. So for now, I can improve my setup by only adjusting master scale to my liking. (havent fiddeled with per car sliders at all yet!)

    more testing !


    well if I kill the profiler it starts on its own in the background. then I kill it while pcars is running, but then I get 180 of rotation. weird.

    I would just prefer if everybody used his Profiler and fiddles with the settings we have in the game for now as for me it seems to be troublesome as it doesnt react in the same way twice and maybe does weird stuff.


    more testing ! (concerning master scale per car setup)



    @JamoZ: Does it work for you when using the profiler and then only adjusting the Master Scale ? (guess you have tried this already) but only to see what alone leaving out the profiler does to your FFB.
    Last edited by Photonenbert; 08-05-2015 at 11:37.

    Founder Member of Revolution Sim Racing - Forum Thread - Website

    Photonenbert's Youtube Channel


    G25/G27 Setup Guide

    Jack Spades Tweaker Files


    poirqc's "Baseline FFB values - Linear FFB Google sheet" guide

    G25 Unbreakable Metal Mod # # # G25 Button Wheel Plate # # # G25 NIXIM Brake Pedal Mod

    System: Windwos 7 64 Bit //MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum MS-7374 V3.9// AMD X4 II 955 BE 3.2 GHz //GeForce 750 TI (Thanks Pam!)// 8 GB RAM // Samsung SyncMaster 24" + 19" Dual
    Games: Project C.A.R.S // Live for Speed // DiRT Rally // Richard Burns Rally (2013 RSRBR) // Scania Truck Simulator // Spin Tires

    "Be the change you want to see in the world" - Ghandi
    The following user likes this Post: yusupov


  5. #15
    WMD Member JamoZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Photonenbert View Post
    so I tested what you mentioned JamoZ:

    What I have experienced:

    - I turned off the profiler
    - I turned master scale in a car of my choice up to 50 (standard is 26 for all cars)
    - I lowered FFB in the configuration to 85 (had 100)

    it is different! who knew?

    the problem I get with this:

    - when I do all 3 of those things I loose the weight shift feeling of the car and have less roadsurface feeling. I will have another go at it with tire force at 100 to see if the strongness of the FFB just overlapped those feelings.

    - Master Scale does in fact increase Kerb feedback and such. So for now, I can improve my setup by only adjusting master scale to my liking. (havent fiddeled with per car sliders at all yet!)

    more testing !
    Yes please reduce tire force back to 100, i left everything at default to get the purest results. Only the Master scale went up to 50/60. Previously i wasn`t experiencing any weight shifting like i did in AC, and now there is noticably some more coming trough my wheel. Also i can now feel the front loading up under breaking, a point i was missing the most in pCARS. If these settings are too weak i`m sure you can achieve something similar with heavier FFB with some tweaking.

    To sum things up so far.

    -Turn profiler off completely
    -Set overall FFB to around 85
    -Set tire force to 100
    -Increase incar Master Scale between 50/60

    -Drive and report back
    CPU : i7 3770K @ 4.5 Ghz Motherboard : Asus Sabretooth Z77 PSU : Seasonic X-1050 Video Cards : GTX780 RAM : 8GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 OS : Windows 7 64bit Controllers : Logitech G25 + Fanatec Club Sport Pedals V2 Displays : 3x LG 24`s & LG G2 with Dashmeter pro Audio : Creative X-FI fatality , Roccat Cave 5.1 headset

    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

  6. #16
    WMD Member Photonenbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mannheim
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by JamoZ View Post
    Yes please reduce tire force back to 100, i left everything at default to get the purest results. Only the Master scale went up to 50/60. Previously i wasn`t experiencing any weight shifting like i did in AC, and now there is noticably some more coming trough my wheel. Also i can now feel the front loading up under breaking, a point i was missing the most in pCARS. If these settings are too weak i`m sure you can achieve something similar with heavier FFB with some tweaking.

    To sum things up so far.

    -Turn profiler off completely
    -Set overall FFB to around 85
    -Set tire force to 100
    -Increase incar Master Scale between 50/60

    -Drive and report back

    what you describe looks exactly like what I can feel with my wheel.

    so with profiler ON
    TF 100
    FFB 100
    Master scale 26 or 50 or 100

    I do get wheigt shift, road surface (bumps but also wheel corrections coming from the car when there is a "wave like" bump and the car dips in due to weight shifting and traction loss/gain) and also I feel the front under braking and I do feel lock up.

    all this increases with higher master scale but also the overall strength of FFB increases slightly alongside. so master scale for me is very good to play with, but I dont want to much of it.

    for me it seemed that master scale doesnt work exactly as tire force and increases kerbs/bumps/brakelock/gras to a bigger amount compared to overall FFB. (that must be cause I get the same FFB strength than before but have a bit more fore on detailed stuff)

    as I mentioned, turning off the profiler seemes to do strange things, I will try again, but I can achieve all of what you mentioned and want and feel and what I feel with it turned on. do you have the newest version of it? just an idea.

    more testing !


    So if I wanted to increase road feel and kerbs and stuff differently I increase Fz-scale which doesnt interfere with the overall FFB force. does a good job. (see what I posted on the bottom of the guide)
    Last edited by Photonenbert; 08-05-2015 at 11:53.

    Founder Member of Revolution Sim Racing - Forum Thread - Website

    Photonenbert's Youtube Channel


    G25/G27 Setup Guide

    Jack Spades Tweaker Files


    poirqc's "Baseline FFB values - Linear FFB Google sheet" guide

    G25 Unbreakable Metal Mod # # # G25 Button Wheel Plate # # # G25 NIXIM Brake Pedal Mod

    System: Windwos 7 64 Bit //MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum MS-7374 V3.9// AMD X4 II 955 BE 3.2 GHz //GeForce 750 TI (Thanks Pam!)// 8 GB RAM // Samsung SyncMaster 24" + 19" Dual
    Games: Project C.A.R.S // Live for Speed // DiRT Rally // Richard Burns Rally (2013 RSRBR) // Scania Truck Simulator // Spin Tires

    "Be the change you want to see in the world" - Ghandi

  7. #17
    WMD Member cooly08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Strasbourg, France
    Posts
    2
    Thanks for the guide. I will try this one.
    But for me in the calibrating screen, when I place my wheel at 90 (left or rigt) I get a value around 500.

    (I have delete the two settings folders from the beta version)
    4770K - 12Go - SLI 980 - G27 - Trackir.

  8. #18
    WMD Member JamoZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Photonenbert View Post
    what you describe looks exactly like what I can feel with my wheel.

    so with profiler ON
    TF 100
    FFB 100
    Master scale 26 or 50 or 100

    I do get wheigt shift, road surface (bumps but also wheel corrections coming from the car when there is a "wave like" bump and the car dips in due to weight shifting and traction loss/gain) and also I feel the front under braking and I do feel lock up.

    all this increases with higher master scale but also the overall strength of FFB increases slightly alongside. so master scale for me is very good to play with, but I dont want to much of it.

    for me it seemed that master scale doesnt work exactly as tire force and increases kerbs/bumps/brakelock/gras to a bigger amount compared to overall FFB. (that must be cause I get the same FFB strength than before but have a bit more fore on detailed stuff)

    as I mentioned, turning off the profiler seemes to do strange things, I will try again, but I can achieve all of what you mentioned and want and feel and what I feel with it turned on. do you have the newest version of it? just an idea.

    more testing !


    So if I wanted to increase road feel and kerbs and stuff differently I increase Fz-scale which doesnt interfere with the overall FFB force. does a good job. (see what I posted on the bottom of the guide)
    Yes i have the newest version. I`m actually quite happy with the settings i`m running now, but i`m still missing some effect from the front tires like scrubbing and road noise. Doesn`t matter which slider i increase, i can`t seem to get any...
    CPU : i7 3770K @ 4.5 Ghz Motherboard : Asus Sabretooth Z77 PSU : Seasonic X-1050 Video Cards : GTX780 RAM : 8GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 OS : Windows 7 64bit Controllers : Logitech G25 + Fanatec Club Sport Pedals V2 Displays : 3x LG 24`s & LG G2 with Dashmeter pro Audio : Creative X-FI fatality , Roccat Cave 5.1 headset

    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

  9. #19
    WMD Member Photonenbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Mannheim
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by JamoZ View Post
    Yes i have the newest version. I`m actually quite happy with the settings i`m running now, but i`m still missing some effect from the front tires like scrubbing and road noise. Doesn`t matter which slider i increase, i can`t seem to get any...
    just saw that the "newest" version is 5 years old, so yes, probably everyone is up to date.

    Im sry, I cant get it to work without using the profiler. it just gives me 180 and it starts by itself when the game starts even though I killed it. there is no auto function, just system start activation.

    but if it helped you thats good and kind of weird.


    tire lock up under brake is wheel scrubbing or do you mean understeering? understeering feels as if you are loosing FFB, oversteering is felt by the weight shift and the visual movement. wheel scrubbing itself isnt really felt I guess. you cant get every tiniest detail through the wheel, you will need to upgrade, which is a shitty advice, but the accu force simexperience seems nice.

    Founder Member of Revolution Sim Racing - Forum Thread - Website

    Photonenbert's Youtube Channel


    G25/G27 Setup Guide

    Jack Spades Tweaker Files


    poirqc's "Baseline FFB values - Linear FFB Google sheet" guide

    G25 Unbreakable Metal Mod # # # G25 Button Wheel Plate # # # G25 NIXIM Brake Pedal Mod

    System: Windwos 7 64 Bit //MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum MS-7374 V3.9// AMD X4 II 955 BE 3.2 GHz //GeForce 750 TI (Thanks Pam!)// 8 GB RAM // Samsung SyncMaster 24" + 19" Dual
    Games: Project C.A.R.S // Live for Speed // DiRT Rally // Richard Burns Rally (2013 RSRBR) // Scania Truck Simulator // Spin Tires

    "Be the change you want to see in the world" - Ghandi

  10. #20
    WMD Member JamoZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Photonenbert View Post
    just saw that the "newest" version is 5 years old, so yes, probably everyone is up to date.

    Im sry, I cant get it to work without using the profiler. it just gives me 180 and it starts by itself when the game starts even though I killed it. there is no auto function, just system start activation.

    but if it helped you thats good and kind of weird.


    tire lock up under brake is wheel scrubbing or do you mean understeering? understeering feels as if you are loosing FFB, oversteering is felt by the weight shift and the visual movement. wheel scrubbing itself isnt really felt I guess. you cant get every tiniest detail through the wheel, you will need to upgrade, which is a shitty advice, but the accu force simexperience seems nice.
    Well, some tire scrubbing when experiencing understeer would be nice. But overall i mean more like in RF2. You can feel the wheels really scrubbing over the track hanging on and searching for grip, even on my g25 So i guess it isn`t the hardware :P
    CPU : i7 3770K @ 4.5 Ghz Motherboard : Asus Sabretooth Z77 PSU : Seasonic X-1050 Video Cards : GTX780 RAM : 8GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 OS : Windows 7 64bit Controllers : Logitech G25 + Fanatec Club Sport Pedals V2 Displays : 3x LG 24`s & LG G2 with Dashmeter pro Audio : Creative X-FI fatality , Roccat Cave 5.1 headset

    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
    The following user likes this Post: yusupov


Similar Threads

  1. The big 'Show your own race rig/setup' topic
    By Yannick97 in forum The Driver Network - Screenshots & Videos
    Replies: 551
    Last Post: Yesterday, 23:06
  2. Oculus rift DK2 Setup Guide
    By rafffel in forum Virtual Reality Devices Support
    Replies: 1186
    Last Post: 24-02-2017, 19:43
  3. Terrible framerate on AMD Crossfire setup
    By PanterACFH in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 25-05-2015, 01:16
  4. setup problem
    By letzeplayer in forum The Garage - Car Setup Talk
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-05-2015, 08:48

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •