Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a couple of questions...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Just a couple of questions...

Hi all,

- Where to look for a "instant replay" page for some adjustments (how long, what resolution etc) ?

- I have a triple monitors setup, why is the "triple monitor" page greyed out, allthough i put "force triple" and "allow triple" on "true" in the "grafic.xml" ? (my monitors are
    conected to the "matrox tripleheadtogo" and "no surround" in nvidia panel)

- Is it possible to have the UI to be only in the center monitor?

- Is it possible to move the cockpit left and right ?

- How can i put the helmet on? i tryed all, i put "show helmet" on, but does not change anything.

Thanks for any infos
    Last edited by Silvano; 12-05-2020 at 09:54.
    Windows 7 pro - CPU i7 4770k @ 3.5 - NVIDIA GTX 1070 ti MATROX triple screen 24'' - Fanatec CSR and pedals V2 -

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Great....thanks for looking to my thread, how about answering it if you know something ?
    Guys here have PC2 since years and i cant believe no one has a clue...
    Windows 7 pro - CPU i7 4770k @ 3.5 - NVIDIA GTX 1070 ti MATROX triple screen 24'' - Fanatec CSR and pedals V2 -

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I did not answer, even though I use triples, because I did not understand most of the questions. About the UI being only in center monitor, do you mean for replays only? If yes, unfortunately the answer is no. If you mean the general UI, then the answer is it is always in the center monitor anyway. No idea what "matrox tripleheadtogo" is and what I have done in my case is that I have simply connected my monitors to the gfx card, made sure Windows sees them all and then the triple monitor setup option within the game is available.

isn't the whole point of tripleheadtogo is that it allows three screens to appear as a single screen to your PC.. in which case, as far as the PC and game are concerned you are not running triples, you are running an ultrawide single screen of some sort.

As far as the helmet not showing, it won't over certain FOV settings and I'm guessing you are way over the point it vanishes

Ryzen R7 3800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite - 16Gig DDR4 (Ballistix Elite 3600) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 860 250G SSD, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec CSL Elite + Formula V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Pro (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. Ryzen R5 3600X - Asus Prime X570-P - 32G DDR4 (Crucial Ballistix 3200) - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

YouTube channel - My attempt at a PC2 Career - a work in progress! - Trying other other racing content
    The following user likes this Post: davidt33

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks a lot guys, i have a 2 responses i can try, for the helmet and @Mad AI yes the Matrox cheat Windows in making believe its only 1 large monitor.
    and @cpdem, no not for replay but for when your in the interface, once in the car the side should open.
    Unfortunatly i cant do it the way you say, i have to use the Matrox, so thats why the "triple monitor" is greyed out? ok i understand.
    Yes i have an old system and not having 3 DVI conectors in the 1070 ti, i need to overdrive this prob, thats why the Matrox box.
    For the helmet, Mad AI, what FOV should i use ?
    Last edited by Silvano; 16-05-2020 at 10:09.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    What do you mean with "once in the car the side should open"?

About monitor connectors, I had the same issue, but fortunately there are specialized cables you can buy for that, they can convert any adapter type to anything else. Worked fine for me, using one DVI, one HDMI and one DisplayPort now without issues. Ah, and another for the Rift at the same time!

I think for helmet to show it has to be under 80..

as cpcdem says, just get some hdmi or displayport to DVI.. I use DP to hdmi for my Rift.. works fine and I have both hdmi and dp to DVI for use with different things.. amazon basics ones are relatively cheap (either the straight convertors or full cables)

Ryzen R7 3800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite - 16Gig DDR4 (Ballistix Elite 3600) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 860 250G SSD, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec CSL Elite + Formula V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Pro (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. Ryzen R5 3600X - Asus Prime X570-P - 32G DDR4 (Crucial Ballistix 3200) - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

YouTube channel - My attempt at a PC2 Career - a work in progress! - Trying other other racing content

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    @cpcdem i mean while in UI, only the center screen and when you click "drive" it should open the sides as well. but in PC2 the 3 screens are allways open so in the UI its unpractical to look around on the 3 monitors to see things.
    and for the cables, great to know ! i will look for that
    @Mad AI, i will try the FOV 80, hope it works.

Thank you guys, i'll report back

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I tryed and surprise, i cant go down more than 88 ! up it goes over 100 but down it stop at 88.
    we are talking about helmet fov right? how come i cant go lower than 88 ?
    and another thing, how can i change the FOV in car ? is it possible ?

Thanks for your help guys

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Normally the main UI (at least the things that you can "click") is only shown in the center screen, if you have clickable items in the side monitors, then I guess it's because of the matrox thing. There's an exception though, the replay UI unfortunately spans indeed on all 3 monitors.

About the FOV, you should definitely be able to go very low, below 40 if you wanted. To do it while driving, you need to assign keys to do that, you can find the setting in OPTIONS->Controls->Edit Assignments->Camera & View->Increase/Decrease View Angle. I think the default assigned keys are "[" and "]"