Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The (possible) future of SMS...

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Question The (possible) future of SMS...

Quote Originally Posted by David Wright View Post
    Ian talks about a new partner for netcode. Any ideas who this could be?
    Looks like those eagle eyed staff at RaceDepartment who regularly read the Russian financial news spotted the new partner

https://vc.ru/finance/76386-partner-...ly-mad-studios
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Asturbo, cpcdem, GTsimms, Konan, MrTulip, PostBox981, Sessionerror

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by David Wright View Post
    Looks like those eagle eyed staff at RaceDepartment who regularly read the Russian financial news spotted the new partner

https://vc.ru/finance/76386-partner-...ly-mad-studios
    That is some breaking news! (if true)
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bporion, GTsimms

Platform
    PC
    If my translator works, it means SMS has been bought?

Keep alert to Ian's twitter https://twitter.com/bell_sms
    Last edited by Asturbo; 24-07-2019 at 08:52.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec CSW 2.5 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Asturbo View Post
    If my translator works, it means SMS has been bought?

Keep alert to Ian's twitter https://twitter.com/bell_sms
    Yup.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Platform
    PC
    I'm shocked. I've asked him: https://twitter.com/EduAsturbo/statu...52104287019008

http://www.modernpick.com/

They say they have sold million copies of AAA racing games and they own the engine.

Obviusly the are talking about PCARS & Madness Engine.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 24-07-2019 at 09:47.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec CSW 2.5 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list

Platform
    PS4
    There definitely are a lot of pCARS screenshots on the website of Modern Pick. And they are located in Singapore, where Ian spent the last years.

Edit: Mathias Lauda seems to be their Vice President. Wasn't he last involved with SimBin???
    Last edited by Sessionerror; 24-07-2019 at 09:32. Reason: typo
    a.k.a. "Chief fast sock" // German Project CARS Community: www.pcars-forum.de
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Asturbo View Post
    If I read the article correctly it reads that Mail.ru has 19% of the SMS shares, but they gave SMS 51% shares of ESforce Esports in exchange (a big Russian Esports company I guess).

So I think something might have been lost in translation.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.03): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    So that's what the tweet about GT Legends or a rally game was about. "With the original team than made it". So a different team than SMS...
    The following user likes this Post: MrTulip

Platform
    PC
    Indeed. I thought the same, cpc.

Many things fits now. May be are good news. Now that it is in the media, probably they publish a despatch soon.

I'm not worried, because this should be planned long time ago, and looks that will be good for the future.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 24-07-2019 at 10:11.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Bliman, bmanic, cpcdem

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    So that's what the tweet about GT Legends or a rally game was about. "With the original team than made it". So a different team than SMS...
    SMS are the team that made GT Legends (except they are bigger now).

I was wondering if they were running short of cash as crowdfunding these titles seemed a bit desperate. Between PC1 and PC2 SMS produced the RedBull air racing game. They haven't released anything since PC2 almost 2 years ago and the PC Go project seems to be delayed and the Fast & Furious game no where near release.