Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Formula A - solution to spinning out of slow corners

I have had better handling feeling when altering these:

Breakingbalance changed to 70
    Breaking map changed to 2
    changes 2nd gear to 2.00

that keept me from spinning out of slow corners, when breaking and acceleration.
    The following user likes this Post: QuickCarlos

Platform
    PS4
    How well do your front tires cope with so much front bias?
    Your 2nd gear ratio will be affected by your final drive ratio (diff ratio) - what are you using for that?

Out of slow corners (eg chicanes at Monza), I'm just patient with the gas until I short-shift to 3rd. That's worked for me. Even with traction control, I spin like a ballerina all the way to the barrier.

Coming out of slow corners, you're gonna have traction issues in any 700+hp car and mad sideways with the slightest steering angle xD

My brake bias is 58% front.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    How well do your front tires cope with so much front bias?
    Your 2nd gear ratio will be affected by your final drive ratio (diff ratio) - what are you using for that?

Out of slow corners (eg chicanes at Monza), I'm just patient with the gas until I short-shift to 3rd. That's worked for me. Even with traction control, I spin like a ballerina all the way to the barrier.

Coming out of slow corners, you're gonna have traction issues in any 700+hp car and mad sideways with the slightest steering angle xD

My brake bias is 58% front.
    I've been driving the Formula 1 car round Monza and had this issue accelerating out of the first chicane always spinning. Got my brake bias at 64% front and reduced the traction control slip (I think it's called that). You really just have to be smooth with the throttle and steering, have to say the Formula 1 cars are amazing to drive. This game is so much fun!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300

Quote Originally Posted by thomasjohansen View Post
    I have had better handling feeling when altering these:

Breakingbalance changed to 70
    Breaking map changed to 2
    changes 2nd gear to 2.00

that keept me from spinning out of slow corners, when breaking and acceleration.

Engine brake mapping, higher numbers give LESS engine brake effect.. so lowering it will actually increase the odds of locking the rears into a corner

You may want to check the diff settings too.. raise the decal lock to help reduce the lockups on corner entry

Ryzen R5 3600X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite - 16Gig DDR4 (Ballistix Elite 3600) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 860 250G SSD, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Pro (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

YouTube channel - My attempt at a PC2 Career - a work in progress! - Trying other other racing content

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    thx for the tips, can see that my settings contradict it selfs, will try to alter them, though it works for me at the moment.

breaking balance at 70 do make the breakes hotter when breaking late.
    Last edited by thomasjohansen; 08-05-2015 at 19:20.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Al View Post
    Engine brake mapping, higher numbers give LESS engine brake effect.. so lowering it will actually increase the odds of locking the rears into a corner

You may want to check the diff settings too.. raise the decal lock to help reduce the lockups on corner entry
    Thanks for the tip on the diff settings, really helped me out

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Al View Post

Hi Al, not sure if I'm loosing it but I can't find any diff settings (or gear ratios) - at least not in the Car Setup screens?

edit: ok found them using the page selection arrows I missed at the far right of the screen. Suggestion: move the arrows to the left side next to the setup screen titles
    Last edited by Steve Loader; 10-05-2015 at 10:31.
    Crank up the volume! Drive it like you paid for it To finish first first you have to finish Keep it Real!
    ROG STRIX H370-I MB, Win10/64, Nvidia GTX1080 @2560x1440, T500RS wheel/pedals, TH8RS Shifter
    (aka Gris, Grisby)

Platform
    PC
    Ever thought about not shifting down to that gear? Sometimes it's better to keep in a higher gear. I almost never shift down to first gear for example. Changing the brake balance 70% to front isn't a good choice. When shifting down to second gear, try to lower the braking-pressure - the second gear has so much more deceleration-momentum that you do not need to brake that hard with the brakes itself. I'm currently driving the
    SMS-R Driver Network Championship (everyone can participate ingame) and had to find a solution not to spin too (didn't drive the the formula A much) - I'm currently placed 27 so I'm not to bad with that :-) Try it out!

Here is the screen for the gearing:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	141.9 KB 
ID:	200954

The box withing the text "GEARING" contains two arrows on the right - with them you can switch through all settings.
    Last edited by Diluvian; 09-05-2015 at 15:18.
    System: i5 2500k @4,6Ghz, MSI GTX970, 8GB Ram, Win10 PRO 64bit - T500rs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FFB-linearisation-sheet: Open
    To use it you have to make a copy of it! Go to "file" -> "copy.."

If you find bugs or something else, you can create comments inside my sheet or post it in the following discussion thread:

The discussion thread: Visit
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The following 2 users likes this Post: NVI0U5, yusupov

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Diluvian View Post
    Ever thought about not shifting down to that gear? Sometimes it's better to keep in a higher gear. I almost never shift down to first gear for example. Changing the brake balance 70% to front isn't a good choice. When shifting down to second gear, try to lower the braking-pressure - the second gear has so much more deceleration-momentum that you do not need to brake that hard with the brakes itself. I'm currently driving the
    SMS-R Driver Network Championship (everyone can participate ingame) and had to find a solution not to spin too (didn't drive the the formula A much) - I'm currently placed 27 so I'm not to bad with that :-) Try it out!

Here is the screen for the gearing:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	141.9 KB 
ID:	200954

The box withing the text "GEARING" contains two arrows on the right - with them you can switch through all settings.
    What Diluvian said, try different techniques, I find coming through the chicane in the SMSR event I go through in 4th instead of the recommended 3rd gear because the rear likes to slide under full acceleration upon exit due to weight transition, the 700hp motor has a enough torque to pull through the corner, short shifting helps as well
    Internet ----Router----XboxOne----HDTV

WMD Member
    I've been having a lot of instant snap spins as soon as I put it into 2nd in the Barcelona event. I think it must be a setting related to the differential locking (mentioned above already) but I haven't had time to try it yet.
    Hardware: i5 3570K, Asus P8Z77 motherboard, 16GB RAM, MSI GTX 970 G1, triple monitor setup at 5040x1080 resolution
    Controls: Thrustmaster TX wheel, CSR Elite pedals