Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thrustmaster T300RS PS4

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Thrustmaster T300RS PS4

I'm after a few tips on setting up a t300rs. PS4. Apparently this wheel has presets in the game. I now know after a day of changing settings, that the preferred rotation setting on the wheel is 900 degrees (Thrustmaster Facebook page). Is it possible to reset the settings for this wheel to the default preset for that wheel??? I would like to try it with the correct rotation settings.

The game looks good, I just need to get the wheel settings right. Any ideas appreciated.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Go to wheel calibrations setting and if i remember correctly its triangle to reset

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Thanks I'll give that a try.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hi - started off in career mode with karts and all ok with T300RS. Got an invitational for a Megane RS and feels that it won't go round corners unless you are going really slow and stick a huge amount of lock on. Have tried restricting the rotation down to 540, then 360 degrees, but it still feels awkward.

Am I experiencing my own challenges with the physics of the game or can I set the wheel up better to help with this. Thanks

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I just got home from work and reset it all to factory defaults.using 900 degree mode on the wheel. It is ok but it requires far too much turning of the wheel to get round corners. Thrustmaster said at 900 degrees it would match the steering wheel response in cockpit view. I don't see that happening on my screen. Thanks for the tip on resetting MB. I guess I should have picked that up. Looks like it needs more adjusting yet. Might try again tomorrow night after work. Zzzz

I have since figured it out��
    Last edited by Danno; 12-05-2015 at 07:27.

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    In a similar situation here - just progressed from 125's to the superkarts and they're super fun with the t300rs, all settings stock. Moving to more standard cars, however, is a nightmare when it comes to cornering. It feels like I have to go stupidly slow to get round any corner. Settings issue or just a steep learning curve? I have a feeling it may be the latter, although the higher performance cars (gt3's etc.) Seem easier to wrestle around corners quickly so far.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I've spent some time on the game today and seem to be getting used to it. The wheel is setup at 900 degrees and matches the in car camera view of the wheel angle.

I also increased wheel sensitivity from 50 to 60.

The issue may the real life physics, don't forget something like a Megane is going to be a huge amount heavier than the karts and many of the light weight sports cars so could be prone to understeer. I also dropped the front tyre pressures down to 1.70 bar to try to reduce understeer. I tried running a Formula A at Brands Hatch Indy circuit and it's absolutely spot on.....I think it's a familiarity thing - interestingly going back to the super kart then becomes difficult!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'm after a few tips on setting up a t300rs. PS4. Apparently this wheel has presets in the game. I now know after a day of changing settings, that the preferred rotation setting on the wheel is 900 degrees (Thrustmaster Facebook page). Is it possible to reset the settings for this wheel to the default preset for that wheel??? I would like to try it with the correct rotation settings.

The game looks good, I just need to get the wheel settings right. Any ideas appreciated.
    I have tried every rotation setting and they all feel as though I need to put too much in. For me I change the rotation to 270 on every car. I just feel that it gives me the precision that I would like.

Platform
    PS4
    Would anything on this help?
    http://youtu.be/mlOdRTB4njY
    It's the inside sim racing setup tips for the T300
    The following 2 users likes this Post: MeanGreen, TCR79

Kart Driver
    I think PHB is right. If you're going from Kart/Superkart to a Megane of course it's going to feel a lot different in terms of turn in and corner speed.

Instead of changing the wheel rotation, try changing the wheel sensitivity maybe and deadzone maybe?