Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [DELIVERED 1.4] motion control on DS4?

Kart Driver

Exclamation [DELIVERED 1.4] motion control on DS4?

Update (for those reading this thread for the first time): Motion controls were added in the 1.4 patch (thank you for listening, SMS!). To enable them, just go to control assignments, select the 'turn left' and 'turn right' settings and tilt the controller while assigning a command.

Original post:

Despite my collection of wheels for other systems, I don't have anything that works on the PS4 (yet), but I was optimistic that I'd be able to use my Dualshock 4 controller as a wheel (I have a clip-in wheel surround for the controller).

I've searched high and low but it looks like this isn't an option. Seriously? Have I missed something or is motion control not available in Project Cars?

It seems like my only option (aside from investing in a wheel - yes, I know) is to drive with my thumb using a tiny joystick. Wow - that's immersion for you. All the settings in the world aren't going to compensate for this...

If there is DS4 motion control in Project Cars, please for the love of God tell me how to enable it. If not, then a) I really shouldn't have bothered buying this game until I have a wheel that works with it, and b) Why the hell is it not included? Even DriveClub has this feature (which it barely needs).
    Last edited by Fingermouse; 22-06-2015 at 08:46. Reason: Motion controls added in 1.4 patch
    The following 5 users likes this Post: AK-R, AlienMudPig, Bodster, jpbonadio, phinn

Platform
    PS4
    This isn't forza/gt/drive club/NFS... it's a sim made to be played with a wheel.

I think the developers have done a stellar job of allowing plenty of adjustment options to make the best of a DS4 and make it more than usable.

Until i get a wheel, i'm not complaining about having to use my DS4.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: HeeseyChelmet, Pink_650S

Platform
    PC
    Motion control is not utilised. It was looked at during development though and not just forgotten about or dismissed out of hand.
    i5 2500k @ 4.5 GHz | Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 | MSI GTX970 TF V OC 4GB | 8 gig ram | Win7 Home 64bit | BenQ 27" 1080p | T500RS wheel & pedals | DIY 'H' & sequential shifters via Bodnar BU0836 | Symprojects DLC-247 controlled gauges | Buttonbox via Bodnar BU0836X

“Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” - Aldous Huxley
    The following user likes this Post: Pink_650S

Kart Driver
    I get that it's a game (okay, simulation) that works better with a dedicated wheel, but why cripple controller use by not utilising the motion controls? They're good enough on the DS4 to match what Microsoft did with the Speed Wheel on the 360 - it wasn't anywhere as good as a fixed wheel but it was still much more precise than thumb controls.

Why not at least give us the choice? I've been looking forward to Projects Cars for a very long time, and was happy when I read that controller use would be 'competitive' with wheel. Great that we can remap every control and fine-tune steering, but I don't get the point in ignoring the motion sensor completely. If it's not 'optimal' for some people, no problem. But other developers have included it in their games which require a lot less precision - I don't get why Project cars wouldn't even include it as an option, given that it's a lot more precise for many users.

I will get a PS4 wheel at some point (to add to my collection) but I'm seriously disappointed in Project Cars right now.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: AK-R, AlienMudPig, jdmnsprd, jpbonadio

Kart Driver
    I also think there should be an option to use motion controls with the ds4 and was surprised it was not implemented. Yes its a sim (ish) and possibly designed to be used with a wheel but this is a console. A lot of consoles are in the living room under a tv with no option for sticking a wheel to a desk (my Mrs would love that!!).

I think the motion controls are very well implemented in Drive club. This is a feature that the ds4 supports and surely could of been included as a control option.

They want it played\accessible by everyone which is why you can tweak every other aspect of the controls and assists.

I also had the speed wheel on the xbox 360 and was a lot quicker than i was with a thumb stick, same applies to the ds4 with driveclub.
    Last edited by Bodster; 08-05-2015 at 13:35.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: AlienMudPig, jpbonadio, stelladel

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I agree wholeheartedly with Fingermouse and Bodster. I just downloaded Project Cars which I've been looking forward to for months and the first thing I did was try to setup my DS4 steering to use the motion sensors. I'm absolutely astonished that Project Cars doesn't support that feature of the DS4 and if I'd have known that a few hours ago I most definitely would NOT have shelled out £45 for it.

To me this makes the game unusable. I'm so used to steering with the DS4 motion in DriveClub and the Xbox Speed Wheel before that in Forza that I have no desire to re-learn steering with a stupid little thumb stick. Who could possibly think that the joystick is more realistic than a steering wheel? I'm not a happy bunny!
    The following 3 users likes this Post: AK-R, Bodster, jpbonadio

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I'm disappointed as well. I could not use effectively a wheel, because i don't have a desk in front of my ps4.
    Don't know what to do right now.
    The joypad is definitely ineffective.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: AK-R, AlienMudPig, Bodster, jpbonadio

Kart Driver
    Its good to see that others think that motion controls should of at least been an option. Maybe it will be added in a future update. I hope so anyway.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: AK-R, AlienMudPig

Platform
    PS4
    I know a lot of you are dissapointed but please don't dismiss the game so easily. SMS have but a collosal amount of effort into being able to tweak every aspect of the games controls regardless if you're using a pad or a wheel. The game can still feel great with a controller, you just need to put a little time into tweaking it to fit you

Hope to see you on track!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: MysterG, Pink_650S

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I waited for this,while I appreciate this is SIM'ish, and like others who have posted on this thread I too have limited room so the "motion sensor" was an important factor, but hey ho it isn't there and I don't like the controller setup. In fact there are companies out there selling Project Cars bundled with the "PS4 Compact Racing Wheel" which is motion sensor dependent, so maybe they should sort this out sharpish or there will be a lot of games being returned because the whole package is being sold incorrectly.

http://www.very.co.uk/playstation-4-...1460268852.prd
    The following 4 users likes this Post: AK-R, AlienMudPig, Bodster, jpbonadio