Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Box around brake lights. Bug?

Banned

Box around brake lights. Bug?

Running on nVidia 350.12. I'm getting a box around brake lights in the distance. Anyone else with this issue?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1503.JPG  

Last edited by MaXKiLLz; 08-05-2015 at 16:02.

Moderator+WMD 1/2 Member Siberian Tiger's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Thats sadly an Problem with the MSAA Mode + DS2M... Try another AA Mode and it will be fine...
    Member Status: WMD 1 Senior x3 / WMD2 Gold
    Portable System: Dell XPS 17 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.2 GHZ , RAM: 8GB, GPU: NVIDIA GForce GT555M, HDD: WD 2.5" Notebook 500GB, OS: Windows 7 64-bit,Wheel: Logitech G25, Sound: NVidia Onboard Soundcard
    Gaming System AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 / i7 7700K with Antec H2o 920 Liquid Cooling System / PSU: Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 680W / GPU: MSI Gaming GTX1070 (OC) / RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance / SSD: 250GB Samsung Basic 840 / HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Black / OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS - Standart GT Rim / Monitor: Epson EH-TW3200 Homecinema 16:9 Full HD Beamer / RacingSeat: Playseat with some Modifications...
    The following user likes this Post: GT500

Platform
    PC
    As Siberian has indicated its a known bug.

Pete
    Before posting a problem, make sure to check our Known Issues Threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Come visit my YouTube channel for TGC races and general Project Cars racing

Banned
    I just ran a race with all anti-aliasing modes disabled and still got the boxes around the lights. It's just mind blowing that things like this were not fixed during all the time this was in development. Quite shocking really.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXKiLLz View Post
    I just ran a race with all anti-aliasing modes disabled and still got the boxes around the lights. It's just mind blowing that things like this were not fixed during all the time this was in development. Quite shocking really.
    Not really, as you can see this is a tiny, non game breaking bug. Obviously everyone would like the game to be bug free on release but that simply doesn't happen.

Pete
    Before posting a problem, make sure to check our Known Issues Threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

The following user likes this Post: GT500

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackvault View Post
    Not really, as you can see this is a tiny, non game breaking bug. Obviously everyone would like the game to be bug free on release but that simply doesn't happen.

Pete
    They had plenty of time to fix game breaking bugs, which still exist, and visual bugs like this. It's inexcusable after all the development time and all the delays we were subjected to.

Platform
    PC
    They had plenty of time to fix game breaking bugs, which still exist, and visual bugs like this. It's inexcusable after all the development time and all the delays we were subjected to.
    You obviously don't appreciate how small the development team is and when compared to big giants in the genre.

Banned
    Do you understand this game has been in development since late 2011?? We're talking about a very obvious and simple bug that should have been caught early on. I see you've been playing PCars for quite a while now. You're as much to blame for not seeing this and reporting it to the team. I'm sorry, but I don't defend or make excuses for mediocrity. They delayed the game to give us a finished product. It's plain to see the delays should have lasted much longer. I'll be very surprised if this issue is ever fixed.

Platform
    PC
    Do you understand this game has been in development since late 2011?? We're talking about a very obvious and simple bug that should have been caught early on. I see you've been playing PCars for quite a while now. You're as much to blame for not seeing this and reporting it to the team. I'm sorry, but I don't defend or make excuses for mediocrity. They delayed the game to give us a finished product. It's plain to see the delays should have lasted much longer. I'll be very surprised if this issue is ever fixed.
    Yes I am well aware that the game has been in development since 2011. This issue I believe was already flagged prior to release but most likely put lower down the list for preference over more serious issues.

Yes you have an evolving product. No application is ever finished. If it was we'd all be back on Microsoft 3.1 as there would be no need to improve software and fix issues.

Have faith in the developers to fix the issues. This attitude of the end of the world, doom and gloom, nothing is going to get fixed isn't helpful.

MOD - can you close this thread please, we are going around in circles.

Pete

The following user likes this Post: Roguebantha

Banned
    Yes, please close the thread. We're definitely going around in circles. Promise-Delay-Deliver-Disappoint->Promise-Delay-Deliver-Disappoint. PC gamers are so used to this "circle", it's become the norm for us.