Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T500 FFB HELP!!!

Rookie

T500 FFB HELP!!!

Hello guys,

Just got the game and to be honest feeling bit disappointed. Main issue is the force feedback and the feeling of the car.. It feels like there are no road bumps (but the car is bouncing all over the place) and the kerbs are a joke, losing grip feels no different then full grip. Also, every car seems to have a completely different force feedback with the same settings.

Has anyone figured out how to set up the wheel?

I was thinking that it might be a calibration issue because it certainly feels not connected to the road.

Please help guys, this is unbearable.
    The following user likes this Post: Fre.Mo

Platform
    PC
    Moved to Technical Help & Support

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah am looking high and low for this fix ... still hunting. I am really pissed because I feel cheated. You see the car humping
    the road but the FFB give you nothing ... the graph shows a gentle curve ... WTH!

WMD Member
    Platform
    PS4
    My biggest issue is the lack of "feel" through the wheel when braking hard, or generally pushing the limit of grip on the front tyres, as mentioned above, there does not appear to be any apparent loss of traction through the wheel.

I can see the car pushing straight on when turning, but the weight of the wheel feels the same! I have made some progress with bumps etc in the road that cause pull side to side, but the solution to issues above still eludes me!

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Keep your chin up guys, I'm sure we will get bottom out these bugs and problems, and hopefully the pain will be worth enduring to give us a very solid racing game.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    What a disappointment my friends. I was the happiest man in the world when get Project Cars for PS4, no way to play with T300RS and other wheels. Too many settings, big confusion, no FBB, after 2 years of work this game is terrible, I do not want to play with pad, no way.
    I would like to know how Slightly Mad tested the game.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I think they are well aware of the numerous issues with the T500 wheel in particular. I think the problem with the ffb is there are just too many options (which the community asked for in wanting sim) which is fine but I would have thought the standard plug and play setting would have been thoroughly tested and been a great starting point for most people. I was having such issues the other night I actually though it was me until I fired up GT6 and straight out the box the FFb was great with a great sense of oversteer, Locking the brakes and bumps over the kerbs. I know its within the game to have this on PCARs if not better I guess we just have to wait for an update.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I agree. I think there are too many options with almost no explanation as to how they effect the wheel. This can be a great game, it is a great game, but too many options on the FFB side. Inside sim racing has a video that talks about some of the settings, I found it to be somewhat helpful. At this point I would not like to blame the studio as they have presented a game that is as close to real life racing as I think you can get but it would be nice to also include an option that suits those individuals who do not want to fiddle with 35+ FFB options. I am enjoying the game and am glad I bought it and my wheel. However, I have spent a majority of my time with the game just trying to figure out how to make adjustments to make cars driveable. Between combing the forums, doing internet research and testing I have hardly done any racing.

Cudos to the studio for presenting a stunning game. How about an assist on figuring out what all the FFB options do?
    The following user likes this Post: Fre.Mo

Platform
    PC
    Try these settings. They are widely praised as an improvement and I am using them myself on a T500RS (albeit on PC) and they have made a noticeable difference to centre of wheel feel as well as feel for under/oversteer developing.

It is a bit of a pain to input the settings manually but if it works it works, try it with one car and see if its worth doing on the rest!
    Founder Member of Revolution Sim Racing - Forum Thread - Website
    Steam :
    Pamellaaa
    My Rig:T500RS w/ Load Cell Brake Pedal, 599XX Rim, TH8A Shifter, Fanatec Handbrake, i7-3770K @ 4.3GHz, 16GB DDR3 RAM (2x8GB), Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX980, Sandisk 480GB SSD, WD Green 2TB HDD, Panasonic 42" Plasma TV, 5.1 Separates System, Windows 10 Pro

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Go to the inside sim racing website click on project car's ffb I used these settings as a Base to work from and now tinker it to suit each car hope this helps as it worked fine for me but always open to new suggestions

Platform
    PS4
    Why there isn't a detailled manual with the description of each option and its effect?