Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UNHANDLED EXCEPTION - Entire Profile ERASED!

Banned

UNHANDLED EXCEPTION - Entire Profile ERASED!

I just tried to watch one of my replays, screen went blank and I got the infamous "Unhandled exception trapped" error many of us are getting. What's really special is when I reloaded the game, my entire profile was gone. The game started like it was my first time running it. Isn't that just wonderful?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1502.JPG  

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXKiLLz View Post
    I just tried to watch one of my replays, screen went blank and I got the infamous "Unhandled exception trapped" error many of us are getting.
    Click the "View" and wait until this Loading. Click Twice would damage Profile.
    I tried and Try to report.

Platform
    PC
    I'm reporting this already too. I find this behavior in my Windows 10 test platform.

It worth noting that my Windows 8 NEVER made this.

Could you please post complete System Specs please?
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

Please locate the correct Dbg folder located in Documents > Project Cars > dbgSession which corresponds to the time/session which crashed and Zip it and upload the .zip file with your bug report MaXKiLLz
    You can upload attachments via the Go Advanced page here

Cheers
    MSI Z97 Mpower/i7 4790k/16Gb G.Skill 2400/Vertex 460 SSD/Zotac 980 Amp!/Thrustmaster T500 RS/Acer 4K2K
    3840x2160@60fps Ultra No AA No Bloom High Reflections High Shadows

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I have the exact same problem although I'm on Win8 instead of 10. Project CARS crashed
    after a one make race at Nürburgring in career mode. It wouldn't go back to the career dashboard
    so I did Alt+Tab and saw the "Unhandled exception trapped" error and pressed "break" after which
    CARS crashed. I have attached the dbg folder here. Dbg 2015-05-09 @ 22.39.47.rar
    The following user likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti

Platform
    PC
    Another crash tonight after completing quali and loading into main race. Donnington GP, Clio Cup. THREE of us had identical crashes but the host migrated and other people continued playing.

Dbg 2015-05-10 @ 21.10.35.zip
    Main PC: Windows 10 Home; i7-6800K (Broadwell), Asus X99-A/USB3.1, RMX650 PSU; Intel 750 Series 400 GB SSD, WD Blue 1TB, WD Black 4TB; 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 2666 RAM; EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX3.0 (417.35)
    Old PC: Intel i7-4770k (stock 3.5 GHz), 8 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (2400 MHz), Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 (Windforce 3X Revision 2), Asus Z87-Plus, Windows 7 Pro x64, Samsung 256 GB EVO 840 (MZ-7TE250BW), Western Digital Caviar Red (WD20EFRX) and Seagate 2TB SSHD (ST2000DX001)

Quote Originally Posted by Synergist View Post
    Another crash tonight after completing quali and loading into main race. Donnington GP, Clio Cup. THREE of us had identical crashes but the host migrated and other people continued playing.

Dbg 2015-05-10 @ 21.10.35.zip
    Can you add your system specs to your sig or post them here. It will help us to help you.
    CPU:i5 4670k MB:Gigabyte Z87X-D3H RAM:Corsair 8GB 1600MHz GPU:Gigabyte Windforce 3 GTX 770 OC COOLER:Stock (at the moment) PSU:OCZ ZS650W OS:Win10 64Bit WHEEL:Fanatec GT2 VR:Oculus Rift DK2
    The following user likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I have the same problem. Only after viewing a replay. I've noticed a slight decrease in performance since it happened too. I'm at work at the moment so I can't post much information regarding my system or log files, but I've done longer races just fine and no crash, it only crashes when viewing a replay.

I've fully uninstalled and re-installed the latest nVidia driver, I've made sure there is no overclocking on the graphics card, though this issue didn't arise until after I had installed EVGA precision 16. I've completely removed precision (after making sure it was set to DEFAULT, and nothing had been changed to risk "overclocking" the card prior to removal) and do still have the crash.

I've tried using -dx9 and -x86 tags in the steam launcher to no avail and have tried even on lowest graphics settings and still get a crash in replay.

I have verified game data.

I have re-installed the game.

My specs are:
    AMD 8350 processor
    GTX 770 graphics card
    8gb HyperX ram
    Logitech G27 racing wheel
    Logitech 3d joystick
    and I'm running windows 7 ultimate

I can give more info once I'm home.

*****EDIT***** I ran the nvidia experience optimization and tried that. No crashes. HOWEVER I do know that for a week Ive been able to play the game bumped up with higher graphics and stable, until the other day when windows installed updates (tuesday) and after I had installed EVGA Precision. I've updated my graphics driver at some point since getting pCARS and so now what I'm trying to do is roll back my driver to a previous version and troubleshoot it at that stage. I'll keep updating if I find anything worth noting.

So far the only thing to let me run stable is just running lower graphics which is fine, but knowing I was able to run with higher graphics all week and now suddenly I have to turn them down some just makes me wonder what is wrong.
    Last edited by Digitool; 15-05-2015 at 00:38.

Platform
    PC
    I had yesterday a wiped profile after a crash on windows 8.1
    I don't remember if it happened when trying to view a replay or at the start of a multiplayer race.
    One of the 5%

i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 Gaming | Corsair - Vengeance Black - 8 Go (2x4096 Mo) | ASRock ZH77 Pro3 | Samsung SSD Evo 850 500GB | HDD 2 x 256GB | Creative Soundblaster 5.1 | Antec - High Current Gamer 620 | Crystal Corsair 460X RGB| Windows 10 64b | 3 x Samsung Syncmaster 226W | Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base | F1 Rim | BMW M3 Rim | ClubSport Pedals V2 | Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and mouse | BassShaker | DIY Simrig | 2DOF with Polulu jrk card and DC motors | PIMAX 4K |

Platform
    XBOX1
    Im sorry to hear that "GOD" has allowed a bug on to the hallowed PC platform.

Are you sure this issue cannot be fixed by practising a bit more, and applying the throttle more smoothly? Its a SIM after all.

I believe this is the cars ECU, getting a mechanical failure.

Had to do it.......1 back for the Xboxers
    Last edited by SpeedFreakDTM; 18-05-2015 at 08:19.
    [PC]Intel 386 sx-16 [RAM]5x1mb SIMM [HDD] 40MB [GPU] VGA [Monitor] Elonex 17" CRT - SuperVGA [OS] DOS 6.22 / Windows 3.1 [Sound]Soundblaster 16
    [Xbox One]Console [CPU] 8 Core AMD custom CPU Frequency: 1.75 GHz [GPU]Clock Speed: 853 MHz(originally 800 MHz) Shader Cores: 768 Peak Throughput: 1.31 TFLOPS [RAM] 8GB DDR3 Clock: 2133MHz Bandwidth: 68.26 GB/s + 32MB eSRAM [Flash Memory]8GB Flash Memory [HDD] 500 GB Hard Drive 5400rpm [USB] 3.0 [TV] 22" Samsung SMART TV