Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Offensive/ Non offensive names.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Offensive/ Non offensive names.

Hi guys, anyone else here have the issue where their own name is considered offensive and isn't shown in-game? I'd like to have my own surname in-game but the game considers it offensive, any ideas on where I could create a support thread to get it added into the game? Thanks.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: NemethR, Onikami

Platform
    PC
    Do you mean that the name is not shown in the online chat or in the game in general? Is your name shown with asterisks instead?

At the same time, check whether your problem goes away if you disable the profanity filter for the chat which should be found under "Gameplay" in the options menu. (Other guys, feel free to correct me if this isn't correct)
    There's no "I" in "team", but there's a "we" in "weapon".
    --- 5% Club member --- former TGC member and steward --- RSR member --- Steam Name: Mortimer8701 ---
    Gigabyte H77-D3H | Intel Xeon E3-1245v2 (4x3.4GHz) | Inno3D GeForce 970 iChill X4 Air Boss (4GB[-0.5GB]) | 8GB DDR3-1600 | Win 8 Pro x64 | Thrustmaster T500 RS /w F1 rim | HTC Vive
    System Drive: Sandisk Extreme 120GB | Storage drive: WD Green 2TB (pCARS space) | Case: Coolermaster HAF 912 Plus | Power supply: Corsair GS600

TIP: If you post your system details in your signature, you will help make it easier to identify potential hardware/driver related issues.
    To edit your signature, click Control Panel (top right corner) and in your control panel, look under the My Settings header on the left for Edit Signature.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Kulinski View Post
    Do you mean that the name is not shown in the online chat or in the game in general? Is your name shown with asterisks instead?

At the same time, check whether your problem goes away if you disable the profanity filter for the chat which should be found under "Gameplay" in the options menu. (Other guys, feel free to correct me if this isn't correct)
    That's correct.
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    The surname has asterisks instead. I have have yet to use the online chat function but loving the game so far!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by LightSpeedHero View Post
    The surname has asterisks instead. I have have yet to use the online chat function but loving the game so far!
    Profanity filters applies to names also to avoid other to use them as... well, profanity

If your name is legal and detected as such, it worth reporting it. It might be nice to take care of that situation (We have one WMD member with same problem with his last name)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Zampatti View Post
    Profanity filters applies to names also to avoid other to use them as... well, profanity

If your name is legal and detected as such, it worth reporting it. It might be nice to take care of that situation (We have one WMD member with same problem with his last name)
    Where about would I go to report it?

Platform
    PC
    Here Let us know your surname pls, I don't see it listed

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Zampatti View Post
    Here Let us know your surname pls, I don't see it listed
    My surname is 'Peacock'. Thanks
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti, Awong124, EpilepticToast, IJOJOI, mister dog, smartin13, wraithsrike

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by LightSpeedHero View Post
    My surname is 'Peacock'. Thanks

Nothing you can do about it really. Just turn off the filter.
    Before posting a problem, make sure to check our Known Issues Threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti, Josh Whitcombe

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I have the same issue.

My surname is Larssen
    The following user likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti