Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Offensive/ Non offensive names.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiloow View Post
    I have the same issue.

My surname is Larssen
    Yeah, it is the same issue. Part of your surname is "offensive".
    Before posting a problem, make sure to check our Known Issues Threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I dont see how though.
    I mean the closest "offensive" would be arse, but its only ars that gets close to that.

Will i have to live with my surname being vaguely deemed offensive or is there any hope that it will be fixed ?

Also one of the AI's i just raced against had Larsen as surname.
    Last edited by Emiloow; 09-05-2015 at 11:31.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I've been through all the options extensively and I'm unable to find the profanity filter in either of the sub categories 'authenticity' or 'onscreen guides & display'? Not that turning it off would help as I'm not using the online chat function but would just like me surname to be visible in-game. To be fair this issue sucks and people shouldn't have to make do.

Also surely when I race online the only name of my that would show is my PSN name and not my actual Single Player driver name so why that should have a profanity filter is beyond me.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Yeah, it is the same issue. Part of your surname is "offensive".
    To be fair, 'arse' only has one 's'. That's a bit strict.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: mister dog, Paul Swanepoel, Yuyuko

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by LightSpeedHero View Post
    I've been through all the options extensively and I'm unable to find the profanity filter in either of the sub categories 'authenticity' or 'onscreen guides & display'? Not that turning it off would help as I'm not using the online chat function but would just like me surname to be visible in-game. To be fair this issue sucks and people shouldn't have to make do.

Also surely when I race online the only name of my that would show is my PSN name and not my actual Single Player driver name so why that should have a profanity filter is beyond me.
    Go To Options and Help.
    Gameplay
    On Screen Display Tab
    Down below, chat profanity filter

EDIT: Added Screen shot for quicker support:

Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

Platform
    PC
    On PC the profanity filter is in Gameplay -> Onscreen guides and display
    Looking at the ISR video with XBox settings, it seems this option isn't included in console versions.
    i5-2500K, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GTX670, Windows 2008R2 Std x64, Logitech G27
    triple screen 6000x1200
    The following user likes this Post: Elmo

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I'm playing on PS4 and those options aren't there, the last option I have is 'Display Units'.

Platform
    PC
    Must be a console requirement then. I'll investigate for you, but if it's not there, chances are that you can not turn that off.
    Beware that in consoles, there are a lot of kids and we have to meet Pegi3 requirements so disabling profanity might not be ideal. Just my thought
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks Aldo, I totally understand the need for the profanity filter, my only issue is that it censors my name in Single Player where no one will see the name other than me.

The filter itself is a great idea and should be implemented more often.

Platform
    PC
    Am I the only one just a little impressed that the filter even worked with an extra s (either a mistake or is it that clever?)

Are there are maturity settings in the Xbox console settings that you can adjust?

MB Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe // CPU Intel i5 3570K // RAM G.Skill 16GB DDR3 @2133MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia Titan X // HDD 4x 2TB Western Digital // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler Corsair H80 // Case CoolerMaster 650 Silencio // Display ASUS PG34Q 34" 3440x1400 100Hz G-SYNC LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 // Seat PlaySeat Executive