Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't Drive straight?

Platform
    PS4

Can't Drive straight?

Hey, I'm using a thrustmaster t80 and on straightaways I just can't keep the car straight at all. I tried turning down the sensitivity but it doesn't really work what should I do?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Roiri100 View Post
    Hey, I'm using a thrustmaster t80 and on straightaways I just can't keep the car straight at all. I tried turning down the sensitivity but it doesn't really work what should I do?
    Even if you're doing 10mph still not going straight?
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Zampatti View Post
    Even if you're doing 10mph still not going straight?
    Nope, when I hit 60/70 mph i can't keep straight, depending on the car.

Platform
    PC
    Nope, when I hit 60/70 mph i can't keep straight, depending on the car.
    Which car or cars?

Some of the cars, because of their power and differential settings will cause the car to rotate at if you are at full throttle. So you have to be more sensitive with the throttle application on those cars (i.e. you just can't go pedal to the floor all the time).
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Which car or cars?

Some of the cars, because of their power and differential settings will cause the car to rotate at if you are at full throttle. So you have to be more sensitive with the throttle application on those cars (i.e. you just can't go pedal to the floor all the time).
    that's why I've asked.
    Try easier cars! Try enabling Traction Control and all other driving aids first to discard a controller issue. Try driving half (or less!) throttle. Remember our system is volumetric so it is not linear. Avoid the RWD cars with turbo (suck as Marek LMP1 prototype) at first to discard this.
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

and warm up your tyres...

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - MS HABU Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - Gigabyte GTX1060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad
    The following user likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Zampatti View Post
    that's why I've asked.
    Try easier cars! Try enabling Traction Control and all other driving aids first to discard a controller issue. Try driving half (or less!) throttle. Remember our system is volumetric so it is not linear. Avoid the RWD cars with turbo (suck as Marek LMP1 prototype) at first to discard this.
    It happens a lot with superkarts I haven't really tried the higher power cars yet.

WMD Member
    It might help if you tone down the front toe, if I remember it right then the super karts have a lot of negative toe up front with the base setup.

Platform
    PC
    It happens a lot with superkarts I haven't really tried the higher power cars yet.
    Start with GT4 I suggest. They are calm. Most of time
    Win 7 PRO x64, i7 4790K (4.0 GHz), 16GB RAM, GTX 660, SHARP 46"LE830E, GIGABYTE GA-Z97-HD3, SB X-FI, Logitech Z-5500 5+1 speakers, Logitech G27

http://sig.gamerdna.com/quizzes/BARTL/Flymar.png

Quote Originally Posted by flymar View Post
    Start with GT4 I suggest. They are calm. Most of time
    WAY too calm (especially when you use to play with the GT3, LMP1 and FA cars :P)
    Desktop: Intel Core i5-4670 @ 3.8 Ghz, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, HD 1500gb, ASUS R9 290 DirectCU II OC 4GB, 1920x1080, In-game settings: To be tested!
    Laptop: Intel Core I7 740QM 1.73Ghz (2.8Ghz max), 4 GB RAM, Geforce GTX 460M 1.5GB GDDR5, HD 500gb, 1440x900, In-game settings: High