Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051

Thread: Dedicated Server HowTo (Work in Progress)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

More than one DS on the same IP address?

Has anyone managed to get more than one DS running on the same IP address with different server names for each PC on the local LAN. That way I could have different servers for different tracks and vehicle types. I have a internet connection with a static IP address and I want to run 3 different DS instances (each on a separate PC). With other servers this would be possible using port forwarding at the router.

I was thinking of setting it up so:
    • Each server would have a different server name
    • Each of the server would use different port numbers for the steamPort / hostport / queryport values
    • Using port forwarding on the Router to forward the set of 3 ports used by each DS server to the matching phsical server

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - especially form anyone who has successfully achieved this.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Game License and Servers?

Do I need a separate Project Cars game license for each DS server or can I just use a separate Steam Account for each server?

Any advice would be much appreciated and I want to run 3 simultaneous DS servers for different car types / track combinations.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Hello everybody,

How to increase the difficulty of the ai in the server ?

Or is the line that commands it please ?

Thank you
    Last edited by RFT Slawek090; 10-04-2017 at 15:25.
    Member of VirtualDrivers by TX3

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I'm able to configure a dedicated server only when I move the server used into the DMZ. I can reproduce being able to join to my session when server is in DMZ and not able to find the dedicated server when I remove the server from the DMZ.

I added port-forwarding to my router for the ports mentioned in the server.cfg file and during start of the dedicated server.

Unfortunately I was not able to find more information with regard to firewall configuration. Any advise is highly appreciated.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by RFT Slawek090 View Post
    Hello everybody,

How to increase the difficulty of the ai in the server ?

Or is the line that commands it please ?

Thank you

Within the server.cfg there is supposed to be an entry which should allow you to control strenght of the AI.

Code:
    // AI opponent difficulty, from 0 to 100. Applies only on loading if GridSize is larger than MaxPlayers, and the FILL_SESSION_WITH_AI flag is enabled.
        "OpponentDifficulty" : 50,

WMD Member
    I can use this for project cars 2 dedicated server?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by psyco View Post
    I can use this for project cars 2 dedicated server?
    There is a lengthy discussion about the pCARS2 Dedicated Server and issues encoutnered here

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...-configuration

For the most part, it is the same as the pCARS1 server with some new features/elements added.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - ADATA 12GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    This is all very informative for windows and linux, but we have similar connection problems with the PS4. What can we do? Is there anything that can be sorted by SMS in this regard?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BadToTheBone View Post
    Has anyone managed to get more than one DS running on the same IP address with different server names for each PC on the local LAN. That way I could have different servers for different tracks and vehicle types. I have a internet connection with a static IP address and I want to run 3 different DS instances (each on a separate PC). With other servers this would be possible using port forwarding at the router.

I was thinking of setting it up so:
    • Each server would have a different server name
    • Each of the server would use different port numbers for the steamPort / hostport / queryport values
    • Using port forwarding on the Router to forward the set of 3 ports used by each DS server to the matching phsical server

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - especially form anyone who has successfully achieved this.
    should work the way you described it - but Iwould test it with identical steam port.