Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 53

Thread: Technical TroubleShooting Steps - WIP - NO CHAT PLEASE

  1. #11
    Moderator Aldo Zampatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ushuaia, Argentina - Santiago, Chile
    Posts
    1,207
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by knightvision View Post
    just a notice! i noticed when i change my anti aliasing to the recommended: DS2M i get very weird visuals, like mushroomed colors.
    dsx2 dsx4 no problems at all.
    Known issue because AMD graphics drivers
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  2. #12
    WMD Member BullWinkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    East Coast, Canada
    Posts
    1,018
    Platform
    PC
    Aldo, Maybe we can also include in the list if those with "integrated gpu" on motherboards to disable them in BIOS to check if they are performance and/or crash related aswell.,since most people i'm sure do have a dedicated graphics card installed anyway.
    Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Motherboard / AMD FX-8350 Vishera 8-Core CPU@4.0Ghz / 8GB G.Skill RipJaws 2X4GB DDR3-1866,
    Samsung 250GB 850 EVO (SSD) / SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX480 8GB/OC 1342Mhz / Crimson ReLive 17.4.3 Drivers.
    TrackIR 5, ver 5.2 final drivers |Logitech G27
    240 Gig HD | Claro Plus++ sound card | Win7_64 | BenQ V2400W | Corsair TX850W Power Supply

    In-game settings: @ 1920 X 1200 | Texture Rez HIGH | Post Filter On | LensFlare OFF | Bloom OFF | Haze OFF | Detailed Grass-Med | HDR Photo | Tex Filter 16x | Game_VSync OFF | SMAA Off | FXAA Off |Reflections MED | Vehicle Ultra | Track Ultra | Shadows MED | Motion Blur OFF | Render Ahead 2 |
    Steam CMD line Options:-dx11mt -pthreads 4 -fpscap 60 -skipcrowds -skipidiots

    Proud to be a 5% club member
    Steam : Bullwinkle

  3. #13
    Moderator Aldo Zampatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ushuaia, Argentina - Santiago, Chile
    Posts
    1,207
    Platform
    PC
    Yes, If it's confirmed. It 'll be added!
    Back at home tonight I'll be able to try it since I have the option to turn it on. That'll give me a better idea
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    The following user likes this Post: BullWinkle


  4. #14
    Kart Driver Rapster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    15
    Platform
    PC
    Weird, quite weird...

    Can somebody test my findings, please.

    IF you're using 'Motion Blur' at any setting, can you please check GPU usage with it ON and then with it totally turned OFF. I've been playing with the settings and couldn't find a happy medium in all conditions: sun, rain, fog, traffic, etc. I then tried turning 'Motion Blur' completely OFF and noticed something very, very strange:

    'Motion Blur' - OFF vs 'Motion Blur' - HIGH = ~10-11% less GPU usage with 'Motion Blur' - OFF
    'Motion Blur' - OFF vs 'Motion Blur' - LOW = ~8-10% less GPU usage with 'Motion Blur' - OFF

    Imagine my surprise, when I've read in a few places that 'Motion Blur' isn't that much of a resource hog, to find the opposite to be true. This has enabled me to run most settings at Ultra/High, with Grass - Low and with DS2X enabled (which I find to be less of a resource hog than DS2M, around 3-4% less) with 60fps performance the vast majority of time.

    Please, could somebody try this and tell me I'm not going mad?

    Thanks,

    Rich

    Added: These are my settings which I tested, with 'Motion Blur' Off showing. All I did to test the above was change the 'Motion Blur' setting:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PCarsUISettings.jpg 
Views:	571 
Size:	106.6 KB 
ID:	201916
    Last edited by Rapster; 12-05-2015 at 23:06. Reason: Grammar
    OS: Windows 8.1 - Update 1 ♦ M/B: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ♦ CPU: i5-3570K - 4.3GHz ♦ GFX: Gigabyte GTX 970 (G1 Gaming) ♦ RAM: 8GB - 1600MHz - 8-8-8-20 ♦ AUDIO: ASUS Xonar DX ♦ WHEEL: Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE

  5. #15
    Moderator Aldo Zampatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ushuaia, Argentina - Santiago, Chile
    Posts
    1,207
    Platform
    PC
    That actually sounds about right to me.

    Also DS2M is DS2X+MSAA so yes, heavier than DS2x

    Blur is somehow heavy for some systems
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  6. #16
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Zampatti View Post

    Performance Issues:
    Stuttering: If you happen to get a stuttering game-play, it might be caused because of the following:

    - Limiting the frame rate per second is a valid option. You can use and external tool (such as MSI Afterburner) or -fpscap 60 (60 as normal refresh rate for the screen) Launch Option within the game's properties in steam.
    When limiting framerate you want to avoid FPS multiplyer of 1x, 1,2x, 1,25x, 1,33x or 1,5x of your monitor's refresh rate to avoid tearing. Link
    While it's AC, same principal applies to Project Cars.
    I had some stuttering (mostly in turns on California Highway and Cote d'Azur), with recommended cap of 60 my frames dropped just a needle below 60 (monitor refresh rate) as I have Adaptive VSync enabled in NVidia CP, setting it to 1.1x, i.e 66 for my 60Hz monitor, produced smooth, stutter and tear free steady 60 fps. Game is much more fluid now.

    EDIT: I think it works even better capped at 63, closest to 62.5 (16ms) cap in AC.
    Last edited by Andrew_WOT; 13-05-2015 at 03:45.

  7. #17
    Kart Driver Rapster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    15
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Zampatti View Post
    That actually sounds about right to me.

    Also DS2M is DS2X+MSAA so yes, heavier than DS2x

    Blur is somehow heavy for some systems
    Ah, good, so I'm not going crazy.

    DS2M - I'm trying to find the post, but I remember a dev saying that DS2M was one of the optimised AA profiles. It must be optimised for Image Quality. Thanks for the heads-up though, Aldo!

    Blur - what I don't understand is that it's also running full-time, even though it's not being applied. I get the same gains while standing still and that's why I was so surprised. In other words, the effect isn't just a filter of sorts, but seems to be part of the engine.

    Thanks for the clarifications!
    OS: Windows 8.1 - Update 1 ♦ M/B: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ♦ CPU: i5-3570K - 4.3GHz ♦ GFX: Gigabyte GTX 970 (G1 Gaming) ♦ RAM: 8GB - 1600MHz - 8-8-8-20 ♦ AUDIO: ASUS Xonar DX ♦ WHEEL: Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE

  8. #18
    Kart Driver Rapster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    15
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post
    When limiting framerate you want to avoid FPS multiplyer of 1x, 1,2x, 1,25x, 1,33x or 1,5x of your monitor's refresh rate to avoid tearing. Link
    While it's AC, same principal applies to Project Cars.
    I had some stuttering (mostly in turns on California Highway and Cote d'Azur), with recommended cap of 60 my frames dropped just a needle below 60 (monitor refresh rate) as I have Adaptive VSync enabled in NVidia CP, setting it to 1.1x, i.e 66 for my 60Hz monitor, produced smooth, stutter and tear free steady 60 fps. Game is much more fluid now.

    EDIT: I think it works even better capped at 63, closest to 62.5 (16ms) cap in AC.
    The guy's statement over on that other forum only makes sense if you are not using a frame cap of sorts and would only help with tearing and not stuttering.
    Last edited by Rapster; 13-05-2015 at 08:57.
    OS: Windows 8.1 - Update 1 ♦ M/B: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H ♦ CPU: i5-3570K - 4.3GHz ♦ GFX: Gigabyte GTX 970 (G1 Gaming) ♦ RAM: 8GB - 1600MHz - 8-8-8-20 ♦ AUDIO: ASUS Xonar DX ♦ WHEEL: Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE

  9. #19
    Kart Driver eduardxw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    53
    Platform
    PC
    Is the stuttering effect ( SLI ) very visible ? Something like tearing effect with V-Sync ON ?
    Everytime when i make some display changes, i have to restart the game. Is there a trick to avoid this ?
    How would you compare GTX 970 with SLI GTX 970, @1440p and 4k, for Project CARS ? Is it worth to get another GTX 970 ? Should i wait for GTX 980Ti ?
    Thank you

  10. #20
    Moderator Aldo Zampatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ushuaia, Argentina - Santiago, Chile
    Posts
    1,207
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapster View Post
    Ah, good, so I'm not going crazy.

    DS2M - I'm trying to find the post, but I remember a dev saying that DS2M was one of the optimised AA profiles. It must be optimised for Image Quality. Thanks for the heads-up though, Aldo!

    Blur - what I don't understand is that it's also running full-time, even though it's not being applied. I get the same gains while standing still and that's why I was so surprised. In other words, the effect isn't just a filter of sorts, but seems to be part of the engine.

    Thanks for the clarifications!
    It is one of the optimized because MSAA is a custom implementation of MultiSampling and DS2x is Custom implementation of downsampling. So if you force similar settings from a driver perspective, you'll get similar quality and less frame rate.


    Quote Originally Posted by eduardxw View Post
    Is the stuttering effect ( SLI ) very visible ? Something like tearing effect with V-Sync ON ?
    Everytime when i make some display changes, i have to restart the game. Is there a trick to avoid this ?
    How would you compare GTX 970 with SLI GTX 970, @1440p and 4k, for Project CARS ? Is it worth to get another GTX 970 ? Should i wait for GTX 980Ti ?
    Thank you
    No trick. Every change requires a restar.

    SLI 970 seems the sweetest deal cost/benefit in mind. BUT bear in mind that there are some folks out there whoe are having issues with GPU utilization on SLI systems. SLI should be always trickier than single GPU
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Similar Threads

  1. [Important] For PC Help / Troubleshooting etc.
    By Siberian Tiger in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14-01-2016, 21:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •