Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Technical TroubleShooting Steps - WIP - NO CHAT PLEASE

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    thanks! I wondered why nothing happened as I hit the CTRL S
    OS : Windows 8.1 (Steam) - CPU : AMD Phenom II BE 940 - Graphic : MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming - Wheel : Logitech MOMO Force

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl Heinz Kluth View Post
    Start steam software, choose upper left steam, then settings, now ingame. In the new box in the middle on the left side you can activate FPS display ingame. Also you can choose the position and a high contrast, which is light green ingame.
    The FPS notification isnīt very big, but itīs ok for the purpose.
    Sorry, forgot the Steam Overlay (I don't use it).

we had a control+s back in dev days showing FPS sorry for the confusion
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

Platform
    PC
    Okay basically good guide

2 things:

1. There are some smaller spell mistakes - if you want i can show them

2. Project CARS can be a Problem for PCs with 8GB ram which run on SSD and without a pagefile. This because ie. you have 3 Tabs in Chrome open and the PCARS Profiler open. This can cause Windows to close because of too less RAM.

Greez

P.s. I dont mind if you delete this post coz it is "Chat"

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Studenski View Post
    Okay basically good guide

2 things:

1. There are some smaller spell mistakes - if you want i can show them

2. Project CARS can be a Problem for PCs with 8GB ram which run on SSD and without a pagefile. This because ie. you have 3 Tabs in Chrome open and the PCARS Profiler open. This can cause Windows to close because of too less RAM.

Greez

P.s. I dont mind if you delete this post coz it is "Chat"
    1) Please do point them! I will never be offended
    2) Yup, I know, But there's not consistent recommendation we can issue - 4GB, pagefile needed, 8GB maybe, 12+GB maybe not. That's why basically I suggest "close everything"

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I keep reading that you need 8gb of system ram for everything new however I am playing Pcars, Asseto, Far Cry 4, Dying Light and many other AAA newish titles with no sign of memory issues. No hitching etc.. Windows 8.1 2600k at 4.6 ghz and a 970 @ 1500/7900. What gives ? None of the games are installed on my SSD only my O.S. I have checked and not seen any games getting close to running my 4gb system out of ram !

As an I.T. guy I get it for servers but I don't see why everyone has so much ram now. I guess in six months or so I may have to pop some new modules in but for now all seems fine. Pcars runs like a champ if I could take my foot off the eye candy settings. Calling the settings Ultra just makes me want to use them more. I suggest renaming the "Ultra" setting to "Ludicrous" in the GFX options. I feel sad that I can not run everything at ultra but I would not feel as sad if I could not run everything at ludicrous because well, it's ludicrous !
    Last edited by Liquid_Drummer; 20-05-2015 at 23:18. Reason: adding thoughts one at a time...

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid_Drummer View Post
    I keep reading that you need 8gb of system ram for everything new however I am playing Pcars, Asseto, Far Cry 4, Dying Light and many other AAA newish titles with no sign of memory issues. No hitching etc.. Windows 8.1 2600k at 4.6 ghz and a 970 @ 1500/7900. What gives ? None of the games are installed on my SSD only my O.S. I have checked and not seen any games getting close to running my 4gb system out of ram !

As an I.T. guy I get it for servers but I don't see why everyone has so much ram now. I guess in six months or so I may have to pop some new modules in but for now all seems fine. Pcars runs like a champ if I could take my foot off the eye candy settings. Calling the settings Ultra just makes me want to use them more. I suggest renaming the "Ultra" setting to "Ludicrous" in the GFX options. I feel sad that I can not run everything at ultra but I would not feel as sad if I could not run everything at ludicrous because well, it's ludicrous !
    That depends, My BIG PC dedicated to PCARS, it boots with 1.7GB RAM used. so enough for PCARS running with less than 4GB.
    My Laptop, boots with 4.1GB used, so... nope, I can not run PCARS using less than 4GB.

So 4GB should be bare minimum 6 to 8GB recommended so you can run game with other software on background if needed.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Well, I suppose it's my old habit of not having anything running behind my games. I never have much open at once anyway and always close things when I finish with them. Besides, on an SSD it's not like you have to wait for the browser to load.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti, sailordude9980, TheIronWolf

Platform
    PC
    It might be worth putting a link to this YouTube video in the first post of this thread, in the 'Graphics Setting Explanation and Impact - Suggested Settings' section.

It gives the best examples of & comparisons between, the various in game settings, that I have seen (even Griff linked to it in this post http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthrea...l=1#post896200)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdUmhUhSgYk
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95W @3.65GHz | RAM: G.SKILL 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3-1600 | MOBO: Gigabyte GA-MA790GPT-UD3H | GPU: GTX 660Ti 2GB (@-15(1096-1150 boost)/+456(3460)) | PSU: Corsair TX650W | OS: Win7 Pro 64-bit SP1 | Monitor: Fujitsu 22" 1680x1050 | Sound: Realtek ALC889 onboard sound & Speedlink Medusa NX USB 5.1 surround headset | Controller: G27 w/Nixim brake
    Nvidia Inspector - Vertical Sync Tear Control: Adaptive | Vertical Sync: Force On | Texture Filtering - Driver Controlled LOD Bias: Off
    Launch Options: -x64 -dx11mt -novr -pthreads 4
    VisualFX - Post-Processing Filters: On | Lens Flare: Subtle | Bloom: On | Heat Haze: Off | GSI: On | Exposure Compensation: 1.00 | Rain Drops: No | Vignette: No | Crepsular Rays: Yes | Screen Dirt: No
    Performance - Resolution: 2184x910 (custom 2.40:1 aspect ratio resolution, for a 16:10 1680x1050 native screen, including a 1.69x driver down sample) | Windowed: No | Texture Resolution: High | Texture Filtering: 16x | V-Sync: No | AA: MSAA | FXAA Post: Low | SMAA Post: Off | Reflections: Low | Environment Map: Low | Car Detail: Medium | Track Detail: High | Shadow Detail: Medium | Motion Blur: Off | Render Frames Ahead: 2 | Detailed Grass: Off | Particle Level: Low | Particle Density: Low | Stretched Headlight Reflections: Yes

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bevan View Post
    It might be worth putting a link to this YouTube video in the first post of this thread, in the 'Graphics Setting Explanation and Impact - Suggested Settings' section.

It gives the best examples of & comparisons between, the various in game settings, that I have seen (even Griff linked to it in this post http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthrea...l=1#post896200)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdUmhUhSgYk
    I agree, I've watched it myself and it was very very very good. I'll link it. thanks!

The following user likes this Post: Mark Bevan

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I did some test with various setups.

As i push the graphics, it seems i'll always be around 80% CPU usage as my GPU is around 99%. The more i push, the lower the fps gets, as excepted. It seems i can't get my hand on a setup that will tax both of them around 100%.

From my understanding, i'm in a place where the CPU has to wait for the GPU. How could i force the CPU to do more work and help the GPU?

I launch pCars with those option: -x64 -dx11mt -novr -pthreads 4

CPU
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    Model : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz
    Logical cores : 4
    CPUID : GenuineIntel family 6, model 2A, stepping 7
    Tjmax : 99°C

GPU1
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    Display device : GeForce GTX 560 on GF114 GPU
    Display driver : 353.06
    BIOS : 70.24.21.00.00

Thank you